• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
malvoc

Spawn delay advantage

17 posts in this topic

I know we have talked about this 100 times but spawn delay  in game and at loading screen need to go away all it does is tell the other team HEY GUESS WHAT YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE YOU HAVE MORE PLAYERS ON THAN THE OTHER TEAM!!!

Also in my opinion it is broken I load into game and it says I have to wait 2 min cause my team is overpop then I get into game and we don't even have enough players to defend????  

Please I beg you take the damn spawn delay out of game its a waste of paying customers time . I don't give a damn who is overpop I shouldn't have to wait to play a game I pay for!!!!!

I am going to set a poll on this thread please as a community lets tell CRS what we think about this !!!!

On 11/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, delems said:

Agree, the side delay is ridiculous.  30 seconds max, to help sway some.

Sure, change side at 15 min is fine, but that initial 2 min wait is nothing but a waste.  Simply terrible.

And HC use to not have this wait time, now do.  Little things like this really annoy me a lot.

I talked with OHM about it briefly this morning, we've agreed to put it back to 30 seconds, and that should take effect today.

It's a dance on a razors edge

On one hand, you may have a side that is so outnumbered that it is baby seal clubbing
but, if you force a side balance, guaranteed it will drive people away

On the other hand, you try to put just a minor inconvenience in that lets one know, hey you are joining a seal clubbing party
And people are unhappy with it and walk away

And if you just leave the seals to be clubbed, they dont wish to play anymore, and walk away.

Someplace in there, there must be a solution.

Edited by Merlin51

Merlin spawn delay doesn't force anyone to play other side all spawn delay does is aggravate people 

If I see my side overpop im still gonna play that side see what im saying all that timer does is let people know hey are side has more numbers we don't have to defend we can just attack they cant attack we are not worried about it they are low on numbers on that side...…….

Half the time I think spawn delay is broke anyways I log in and wait 2 min then see my side is getting rolled we cant even defend lol

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, malvoc said:

Merlin spawn delay doesn't force anyone to play other side all spawn delay does is aggravate people 

And forcing you to a side aggravates people
And being heavily outnumbered aggravates people

Got a solution that does not aggravate anyone?

27 minutes ago, malvoc said:

If I see my side overpop im still gonna play that side see what im saying all that timer does is let people know hey are side has more numbers we don't have to defend we can just attack they cant attack we are not worried about it they are low on numbers on that side...…….

Half the time I think spawn delay is broke anyways I log in and wait 2 min then see my side is getting rolled we cant even defend lol

Look, this is not a simple solution. You argue to remove it, as some do, and the times we have dropped it down there's been a much louder voice coming out of the woodwork saying we're not giving people a fighting chance, etc. As it stands we have as of this morning reduced the "Persona Delay" from 2 minutes down to 30 seconds. We have no plans at this point to touch "Spawn Delay" because it is required to a degree, a much smaller degree than what it was before I took over (which got up to about 3-4 minutes, for a point of reference).

I'm sorry you're aggravated by it, but it is a necessary thing to provide some form of balance. And again, these are at absolute maximum odds. Which means you could have a 3-1 advantage and still the spawn delay is a small penalty for that. Other games auto-move you to a new team without any control and don't allow you back to the side you want. Would you rather us investigate a solution like this? What sort of result do you think that will generate?

1 person likes this

Spawn delay only for your latest unit when KIA?

full topic here:

Making players more cautious with their moves might lighten the weight of imbalance?

1 person likes this

My point is your letting said side know they have the advantage and it seems sometimes I log in and says we overpop and we really are not maybe that should be checked into?

57 minutes ago, malvoc said:

My point is your letting said side know they have the advantage and it seems sometimes I log in and says we overpop and we really are not maybe that should be checked into?

Yes but on the other side of that, if I spawn in, i know who needs me.
It works both ways, i know who has the advantage and does not need my corpse.

And yes, i imagine it could, for a small time window, say you are overpop and not be, as it is averaged out over time
so it does not bounce around spaztic like.

IIRC it is based on numbers in game world and not people just idling at the map
but i might be wrong on that

Edited as I misspoke

timers and spawn delay go off those actually spawn in game world while persona screen is those signed into the game itself. So it is possible to have underpopulated on persona screen and timers are longer as you have more spawned in

Edited by BLKHWK8
Correct info

*** Spawn Delay and Persona Delay are based on those units logged into the side. This includes those at map screen

Really?  I thought it was just those players that were in game world?  If we have 30 accounts AFK at the map screen, they count for spawn delay?

Also, the capture times are simply atrocious, 4 min for single person capture at even pop is terrible.  Can't even think of an adjective to describe how bad it is, abomination, travesty.....

I don't like the sliding scale, but see the purpose of it and accept it; but these base 4 min solo capture times are disastrous, cataclysmic at the least.  Really must change.

Absolutely no reason the base capture time shouldn't be 1 min or 2 minutes at the worst.  Keep the sliding scale of course.

As for spawn delay, I understand it's partial need, but the fact of the "EnterWorld Bug", makes me think there should be no SD until that can be fixed.

With no SD that bug is gone.  It is really annoying to press EnterWorld.. and not enter.

Edited by delems

2 hours ago, delems said:

*** Spawn Delay and Persona Delay are based on those units logged into the side. This includes those at map screen

Really?  I thought it was just those players that were in game world?  If we have 30 accounts AFK at the map screen, they count for spawn delay?

Also, the capture times are simply atrocious, 4 min for single person capture at even pop is terrible.  Can't even think of an adjective to describe how bad it is, abomination, travesty.....

I don't like the sliding scale, but see the purpose of it and accept it; but these base 4 min solo capture times are disastrous, cataclysmic at the least.  Really must change.

Absolutely no reason the base capture time shouldn't be 1 min or 2 minutes at the worst.  Keep the sliding scale of course.

As for spawn delay, I understand it's partial need, but the fact of the "EnterWorld Bug", makes me think there should be no SD until that can be fixed.

With no SD that bug is gone.  It is really annoying to press EnterWorld.. and not enter.

I edited my comment above as I was incorrect

The four minute base timer is actually result of crs reducing that back in April by 25%. It is always under evaluation however that is up to @ohm and his team.

The SD bug I have not seen since the reduction to a 10 second max. I have not seen it in .bug (which gives Qa information on how to reproduce and get it fix by devs.

I will give a response to this tonight when get out of work ......with pictures 

*** The SD bug I have not seen since the reduction to a 10 second max. I have not seen it in .bug (which gives Qa information on how to reproduce and get it fix by devs.

Use ARM, HQ and Navy flags more often.  And use CP missions, not AB - you will see this bug ALL the time if on the side with SD.

I guess I see it so often because 1/3 of my sorties are navy and I almost exclusively make CP missions.

If the persona Screen has a delay it means the whole side is over popped and is only a one time effect.  The other delay on this screen is the side lock timer to prevent side switch over and over. That is the 15 min timer

The 10 second spawn delay on the enter world button is caused by that side being over popped in the game world not sitting at the mission screen. 

The last campaign we removed the spawn delay for the whole map and to our surprise everyone one did not  like this and screamed to have the spawn delay turned back on but at a reduced amount of time. So we decided to try this campaign with 10 seconds. I do not see any reason why to change this delay.  

The 2min persona delay has been turned back to 30 seconds.  

For those who want it short:

- selecting a persona in the overpoping side: +30sec

- spawning in world for the overpoping side: +10sec

- changing persona (no conditions): 15min

- capture timer: varies according to unbalance %

On 11/25/2018 at 11:22 PM, malvoc said:

I am curious about the criteria of SD and it's refresh rate, if they have spread it out over several minutes as an average like I suspect you could have drastically different pop at spawn time from the average over the last 15 minutes.

Also, any of the pop things aren't going to distinguish between land and air/navy, an air squad could pop in your side and still leave you short on the ground.