• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Garrison Overstocking - Working & Easy

51 posts in this topic

Overstocking with the brigade system has been quite painful for years, leading to the decay in this sort of thing happening.

Happy to report we've been able to simplify overstocking by enabling users to simply create a mission from any garrison and be able to despawn and drop that supply into the garrison of your choosing.

2 people like this

Great now i will never have engineers lol

OK sure i will i'll just take them back while someone else is stealing them from brig i'm in

S!

Edited by flong139
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, flong139 said:

Great now i will never have engineers lol

S!

What ya mean? They can be moved to. Don't forget about interdiction!

Now if only you cant set a fms TO THE TOWN YOU ARE OVERSUPPLYING, would be great

Fantastic news. Will help new guys get some rank too and make it worthwhile endeavor for the guy hunting for more rank.

Better start keeping an eye out for the Stuart's and Stugs hiding in the bushes!

<brainstorming>

What if we created squad missions limited to ressuply type ?

The created Overstock would then be reserved to all squad members only.

19 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

<brainstorming>

What if we created squad missions limited to ressuply type ?

The created Overstock would then be reserved to all squad members only.

Would this not be restricting equipment to others as only that squad has access to the equipment?

2 hours ago, coila said:

Would this not be restricting equipment to others as only that squad has access to the equipment?

Of course it would, to reward squad-Based initiatives and let them run their battle with their own (overstocked) equipment, unlocked on any mission taking its supplies from the squad-overstocked town. 

You could still create non-squad resupply missions where overstock would be available to anyone.

Would you feel abused as a non-squad player by this?

I would like that option. Naturally there would have to be realistic max resupply caps per town, so that 15 squads can't each resupply 5 Tigers and create an unstoppable juggernaut.

Question is how would it work? Would you be notified that target town is at 97% resupply capacity?

15 minutes ago, aismov said:

I would like that option. Naturally there would have to be realistic max resupply caps per town, so that 15 squads can't each resupply 5 Tigers and create an unstoppable juggernaut.

Question is how would it work? Would you be notified that target town is at 97% resupply capacity?

I don't think there'd be a notification, the supply just wouldn't take. The math is easy though, just double the number and there you go.

1 hour ago, aismov said:

For the idea of squad-overstocking, remind that rear tows have limited supplies so you can't have 15 squads doing so.

Agreed. But would the supply last there indefinitely? You could otherwise stockpile every resupply cycle and over a period of days build up a silly attack force. Just saying that this should be accounted for since its a loophole players would use in a heartbeat.

HQ to Brigade currently only allows 100% overstock.. So if they allow 4 DACs then you can only move 4 in, otherwise they get sent back to the HQ after 15 minutes

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, XOOM said:

Overstocking with the brigade system has been quite painful for years, leading to the decay in this sort of thing happening.

Happy to report we've been able to simplify overstocking by enabling users to simply create a mission from any garrison and be able to despawn and drop that supply into the garrison of your choosing.

Love it in spades, its exactly what needed done.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Of course it would, to reward squad-Based initiatives and let them run their battle with their own (overstocked) equipment, unlocked on any mission taking its supplies from the squad-overstocked town. 

You could still create non-squad resupply missions where overstock would be available to anyone.

Would you feel abused as a non-squad player by this?

Ok, lets play this out - squad spends an hour overstocking a town and empties the garrisons in the area of all tanks leaving a supply hole in the lines.. They want to comeback the next day and do it again and log out. That supply is now locked out to the ppl currently on the map and a massive attack happens at that town.  LO - the garrisions around the town are depleted on a six hour timer for tickets and the town gets taken.. Two things happen. The squad supply is wiped out because the town is lost, the ppl defending the town have no recourse but to let that area be rolled until the tickets are filled. I don't think it abuses non-squad members, however it does deny other squads any real ability to stop an assault.. remember, the links are limited to one town deep and adjacent towns. There is no way to go any further to manual resupply that rear town to slow the roll.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, aismov said:

Agreed. But would the supply last there indefinitely? You could otherwise stockpile every resupply cycle and over a period of days build up a silly attack force. Just saying that this should be accounted for since its a loophole players would use in a heartbeat.

We did stock pile huge amounts of material back then and there where crazy battles.. but overstock is not side specific, it happened all over the place and at times you thought you where going to roll through only to hit a town that also had crazy supply. Xoom mentioned interdiction - well there was a reason why interdiction was so important and oh so much fun. The 88 was the king of interdiction, air assets where the queen.

34 minutes ago, stankyus said:

We did stock pile huge amounts of material back then and there where crazy battles.. but overstock is not side specific, it happened all over the place and at times you thought you where going to roll through only to hit a town that also had crazy supply. Xoom mentioned interdiction - well there was a reason why interdiction was so important and oh so much fun. The 88 was the king of interdiction, air assets where the queen.

And the air-recon to spot the tank convoys that were being overstocked were worth their weight in gold... 

1 person likes this

Glad to see the potential of interdiction game play being realized... 1.36 brings with it back so many of the great previous game play opportunities that have been crushed and forgotten with the Brigade system that we currently have. The best of both worlds is our aim. S! 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, B2K said:

And the air-recon to spot the tank convoys that were being overstocked were worth their weight in gold... 

Yup.

We never left base without making sure that JG31 was scouting ahead of us in a 3-town radius. I remember many a Stuka missions where all I would do was fly around checking on FB statuses and logging enemy activity. It was almost like a living being. You got a feeling for what was going on just by seeing the activity that was around a FB.

Lone truck or two? Probably a moling mission or diversion.

Couple AA guns and infantry? Pretty safe; they are just defending the FB from being blown.

Couple tanks or panhards milling around? Don't worry, probably just some scouts or blue tags fooling around.

A hornets nest of AA guns and Allied air flying hardcore CAP above an FB? There is a big attack IMMINENT.

And the greatest feeling of all. Flying over a behind the lines backroad and seeing the holy grail... an enemy armored column in full force and on the move. Making that "RED ALERT/911 enemy armored column!" call over chat. The tanks scattering like roaches into the trees to hide their numbers. The EA diving down on your tail. You would literally be shaking from the adrenaline. And you felt like a million dollars having finally found the needle in the haystack that made all those prior sorties where you stared at empty fields worth every minute of effort.

4 people like this

5 hours ago, stankyus said:

Ok, lets play this out - squad spends an hour overstocking a town and empties the garrisons in the area of all tanks leaving a supply hole in the lines.. They want to comeback the next day and do it again and log out. That supply is now locked out to the ppl currently on the map and a massive attack happens at that town.  LO - the garrisions around the town are depleted on a six hour timer for tickets and the town gets taken.. Two things happen. The squad supply is wiped out because the town is lost, the ppl defending the town have no recourse but to let that area be rolled until the tickets are filled. I don't think it abuses non-squad members, however it does deny other squads any real ability to stop an assault.. remember, the links are limited to one town deep and adjacent towns. There is no way to go any further to manual resupply that rear town to slow the roll.

Good point indeed...

I remember once patrolling around in an R35
RAF had reported seeing HT's towing, and an R35 was good for getting behind them,
They are small and dont present a lot of target area, but have plenty of ammo to spray down an ATG of any kind, and can lob it's HE fairly good, and no one pays much attention to them.
You can hide behind most anything.

So i am out looking and listening, and moving from one cover to another, now back in these days we had Grass.
Not little clumps of bahia scrub, but grass, some of it off decent height.

Anyways, i am wading through a field of grass towards a group of trees, and it is tall grass, so i can not see over it.
(also back then R35 did not yet have a fully functioning cupola view)
and i did not find the 88s that were reported, but i found the 15 or 20 panzers that were not reported.
Just on the other side of the trees.
PZII's started spraying me, and the trees were a bit in the way.
I hit reverse and started going as fast as i could, which is about crouching speed LOL.

I think i hurt 1 PZII, mostly out of luck because the R35 fires 37mm at about the rate of speed as a fly in winter, but the grass would not save me, as 38Ts and PZIIIs began to fan out around the trees and my goose was cooked.

They had not come from the town directly in the attack, but were coming to overstock it.
They got an R35 as a bonus.

There was some great fighting out in the country side, trying to get needed supply to aid the town, and trying to stop that supply
and rolling solo on either aspect of that was severely fatal.

Edited by Merlin51
wtf bumped send

Well the problem now is that the axis 88  got dethroned and became the court jester.

If we overstock one garrison, the town lost the AB in a later attack, but its recaped and flag is activated again, overstock remains (if everything is not wasted on defense of course)?

Same question for losing the town completely but recovered later ?

I supose just the resuply missions Will make the resuply work, and that those missions CANT set fms, right? (OR maybe the infantery resuply % is so low number that it is not unreasonable to make these fms work and, if done, assume that most garrisons' infantery % might be always at 200% of capacity)

Great to have the possibility of the overstock usefull again!