• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
    • CHIMM

18th Anniversary Event Awards!   06/23/2019

This year we are giving out trophies and awards for the top players during the "Kill a RAT" event! We need the following players to contact @CHIMM at chimm@corneredrats.com with your physical address to mail these out.   @mook2  @dasei88  @c00per  @kardehk  @chau90  @kdped02  @Simcha  @pulfer  @bus0    
themouse

sorry if this has been discussed before BUT i dont have the time to check

30 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Kilemall said:

ScouseMouse, the thing to do IMO is Task Forces, whether squad, long standing brigade/divisional association, or adhoc grouping formed up by a leader.

Decouple from the brigade AND town paradigm, and organize on the AO/DO principle with multiple spawn sources.  The key is the channel and a certain place for the player new or committed to go that are certain action orgs players can go to.

My model for this was the 110th brigade, a multi-squad org that was absolutely killer, because for a time brigade/mission channels were mapwide, people would just know to sign on and get self-organized, dominating a region. Channels changed, hissy fits ensued, and it was never the same, which sunk in to me the lesson of the power of the channel.

An earlier example was of course Channel 94 or the 94th.  I've read about similar divisional orgs on the Axis side built on the same principle.

Hi Kile

That happens pretty naturally in the Tz I mostly play these days  gone ore the days when I played in all the timezones  and  I rarely do weekends  I usually finished playing around 3pm GMT due to family commitments  most of the time I log in between 9-11 am GMT and  just join the channel  everybody else  is on (if any) or wait for people to log on and join me...most if not all of the  people who play at the time I play do the same thing...there just isn't enough of us to do anything else,  latter in the day people may drift off to their own channels when population gets bigger but for the most part all the squads at my time of day (the ones on (discord) hang round together. that dosn't mean  they dont have their own squad Identity/loyalty it's a matter of necessity there isn't the numbers for that luxury  

but In that time,  and this is why i started the post   I'll be plying Brit french american and its not dictated by what I want to play  but were the battle is.. what services I'm in Isn't  really dictated by choice.   The first  choice when logging in is  AO or DO and  that is to a large extent dictated by how over pop or under pop  you are,  then  what brigades are actually usable at that AO/DO  and then, how Much equipment they have in them.....If I had a choice Id be Playing Brit All the time ;) but that just dosn't happen...for days at at a time...and It's not just me who has preferences  others do to...Its not unusual to hear comments like oww f**** its only (insert county name)  kit  or theirs no (insert country name) .   being able to consistently play the country of your choice  while playing with friends  is a pull...that IMHO is missed 

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, Merlin51 said:

Regarding a totally open AO-less front, which no mechanism for focus action
i would like to offer this pictorial reason (which was for another purpose, but it shall do)

FfaqNJg.png

If a ten year old presented this in Maths/Geometry it would be an immediate F. God I hope we don't try and use this to get people to play, it is just so very wrong. Worst of all, anyone who has played WWIIOL has just been shown that Guild Wars has almost the same playable area as WWIIOL and The Elder Scrolls far exceeds it - or do you really believe action takes place in such locations as the Irish Sea or Northern Adriatic?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:30 AM, ian77 said:

If a ten year old presented this in Maths/Geometry it would be an immediate F. God I hope we don't try and use this to get people to play, it is just so very wrong. Worst of all, anyone who has played WWIIOL has just been shown that Guild Wars has almost the same playable area as WWIIOL and The Elder Scrolls far exceeds it - or do you really believe action takes place in such locations as the Irish Sea or Northern Adriatic?

The difference is that WWIIOL renders that entire space. It's not filled in, but it's there. You can travel to and walk there. The engine can, and does, handle it. All that's missing is populating the space.

That's very different from how other MMOs are set up.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 0:41 PM, stankyus said:

Regiment Official divisional names where introduced with TO&E.

Back in the day flags had no distinction as to a division.  The AOs where occupied by Squads.  The Anzacs for instances IIRC held the N from Wilhelm to Antwerp. The 23rd Pz that became the 23rd Armored on the allied side held the S. S central area. They where assigned those areas for defensive responsibilities.. IE Namur comes under attack and the 23rd where supposed to be the squads obligation to be the first defenders spawning in.  That way other squads to attack without moving over to defense etc... unless a 911 was alerted by HC. 

Anyway the point being is that the AO and brigade names came from the squads - There was a squad called the 3rd PZ and a squad called the 27th ID. The 23rd Armored as just a part of 3rd Corps. We had an Airwing, a infantry division, and flak corp, spec ops team, and later a parachute regiment.  Yes the 23rd armored had about 175 active members at its height on the Allied side. The 23rd has ONE hold out to preserve the name - Dirbs is the only 23rd squad member today.

Great video

On 11/28/2018 at 11:41 AM, stankyus said:

Regiment Official divisional names where introduced with TO&E.

Back in the day flags had no distinction as to a division.  The AOs where occupied by Squads.  The Anzacs for instances IIRC held the N from Wilhelm to Antwerp. The 23rd Pz that became the 23rd Armored on the allied side held the S. S central area. They where assigned those areas for defensive responsibilities.. IE Namur comes under attack and the 23rd where supposed to be the squads obligation to be the first defenders spawning in.  That way other squads to attack without moving over to defense etc... unless a 911 was alerted by HC. 

Anyway the point being is that the AO and brigade names came from the squads - There was a squad called the 3rd PZ and a squad called the 27th ID. The 23rd Armored as just a part of 3rd Corps. We had an Airwing, a infantry division, and flak corp, spec ops team, and later a parachute regiment.  Yes the 23rd armored had about 175 active members at its height on the Allied side. The 23rd has ONE hold out to preserve the name - Dirbs is the only 23rd squad member today.

You know, when I was responding to the topic I didn't play this movie.  Damn that hurts.  It's probably Thndr21 not 12 they are quoting, one of the top ten smartest Allied guys ever.  Engine2 made that squad go, and of course Hathcock the guy I could ask to shut down half of an attack and he could just by sniping hell out of everything (think Agave only better), and KC23 my partner in DDOP crime.  Miss em a lot.