• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
hillstorm

Intermission until Tuesday?

51 posts in this topic

Did I read that right? Just wondering why. I don't mind intermission, but five/six days seems extreme ... and we lose the whole weekend.

Edited by hillstorm
1 person likes this

That's correct. We've extended the intermission this time around basically just to let everyone take a bit of a breather while alpha testing on 1.36 continues behind the scenes. 

Would it be possible to get LW to Le Toupet as well then..considering Folkstone 50k across a large body of water "frontlines" it we cant move it in ourselves, obviously...

2 hours ago, gsc said:

Would it be possible to get LW to Le Toupet as well then..considering Folkstone 50k across a large body of water "frontlines" it we cant move it in ourselves, obviously...

Not something I'm able to do GSC, but I suggest contacting Ohm who should be able to do something for you. 

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

I smell a Xmas goose coming. 

PATCH TIME

I wouldn't mind seeing snow again! I know, I know, some people absolutely hated it. But I though it was great to have something different for a while. I'd actually like to see it cycle in and out in campaigns permanently - even if for just a few days per month or whatever. Or based on location, perhaps. 

2 people like this

Christmas trees were a nice touch as well, except for the doubled as tank traps.

The snow "glare" was hard on my eyes, but some suggested using sunglasses and that seemed to help.

As long as it wasn't for too long, or perhaps make the snow a bit more grey (?).

S!

2 people like this

36 minutes ago, Elfin said:

The snow "glare" was hard on my eyes, but some suggested using sunglasses and that seemed to help.

As long as it wasn't for too long, or perhaps make the snow a bit more grey (?).

S!

I wonder, and CRS may have already thought of/worked on this, but I wonder if there is a way to "soften" the effect ... perhaps with a dull gray, or more textured, rather than a solid bright white.

Plenty of other games, especially WW2 games, integrate winter weather ... so it should be doable (without having to wear shades!!).

Edited by hillstorm
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, hillstorm said:

I wouldn't mind seeing snow again! I know, I know, some people absolutely hated it. But I though it was great to have something different for a while. I'd actually like to see it cycle in and out in campaigns permanently - even if for just a few days per month or whatever. Or based on location, perhaps. 

I quite enjoyed the snow. It was an absolute pain trying to sneak into towns, but it wasn't half fun!

It's been talked about, but far as I'm aware there's nothing concrete yet. Wait and see :)

1 person likes this

a breather till tuesday?  Can't say i find this game all that exhausting, demanding or pressing that i need a breather.  But tuesday is fine.

1 hour ago, WESTY91 said:

I quite enjoyed the snow. It was an absolute pain trying to sneak into towns, but it wasn't half fun!

It's been talked about, but far as I'm aware there's nothing concrete yet. Wait and see :)

I really enjoyed it too. And let's be real - winter conditions were a huge part of the WW2 experience. That's something that is missing in this game. Obviously I wouldn't want it all the time, but for certain times/areas it would be appropriate. Maybe as the concept evolves in this game it can include snow camo for infantry and vehicles.

1 person likes this

***  let everyone take a bit of a breather while alpha testing on 1.36 continues behind the scenes

Seems way way too long, testing can still go on while we play.

Who needs a breather?  It's a game for goodness sake.  If they're tired, they can not log in, like I do and rest instead.

And nothing over the weekend?

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, delems said:

Who needs a breather?  It's a game for goodness sake.  If they're tired, they can not log in, like I do and rest instead.

And if THEY are HC?
Hard for everyone else to play if those are tired and do not log in.

Until 1.36 hits, before a campaign can begin, HC has to turn in their unit placements and such.

18 minutes ago, hillstorm said:

I really enjoyed it too. And let's be real - winter conditions were a huge part of the WW2 experience. That's something that is missing in this game. Obviously I wouldn't want it all the time, but for certain times/areas it would be appropriate. Maybe as the concept evolves in this game it can include snow camo for infantry and vehicles.

Well, the test last Xmas proved the concept, that we can change the game environment, so perhaps when less things are pressing
it can be looked into how feasible it might be to create seasons, and get all the graphics done top notch, and let the server cycle seasons.

Then try something brave.

Cut all supply of items with a motor in half; remove SD and cut capture timer to 1 min.

Then call it a test campaign to monitor the results. Maybe cut the FMS build time to 30 secs too.

Be sure to give FPA access to para for the test - since paras will be useful again.

Intermission for 5 days is terrible imo.

PS Friday night, 8 HC on, 2 AOs.... and we in intermission :(.

Seriously, we pay to play the game, not sit in intermission - should never be more than 36 hours before a new map.

Edited by delems
2 people like this

2 hours ago, delems said:

Cut all supply of items with a motor in half; remove SD and cut capture timer to 1 min.

Then call it a test campaign to monitor the results. Maybe cut the FMS build time to 30 secs too.

Be sure to give FPA access to para for the test - since paras will be useful again.

Seriously, we pay to play the game, not sit in intermission - should never be more than 36 hours before a new map.

^ This.

1 person likes this

Ok
Infantry TOE
100 Rifles
5 SMG
1 LMG
0 other infantry units

Armor TOE
8 PZIIC / R35 / VICKERS
1 Armored Car
0 other armored units

Trucks
20 opel/bedford/laffly
0 other units

ATGs
37 PAK36/ 40 MLE1934 /30 2PDR
40 Hotchkiss 25mm / Flak30 20mm
0 other units

Naval
100 Farmiles
0 other units

AIR
80 H75 / 75 Hurrican MKI / 95 BF110
20 BlenMK IV / 10 Blen MK I
30 JU87
0 other units

*this is probably why i am not allowed to play with such things :) 

Edited by Merlin51
1 person likes this

Both sides are spending this time to recover and reorganize in preparation for an outstanding Campaign launch upcoming. That's what we need. Last Campaign was about 2 months and it was pretty brutal so, a little recovery time is needed. S! 

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Ok
Infantry TOE
100 Rifles
5 SMG
1 LMG
0 other infantry units

Armor TOE
8 PZIIC / R35 / VICKERS
1 Armored Car
0 other armored units

Trucks
20 opel/bedford/laffly
0 other units

ATGs
37 PAK36/ 40 MLE1934 /30 2PDR
40 Hotchkiss 25mm / Flak30 20mm
0 other units

Naval
100 Farmiles
0 other units

AIR
80 H75 / 75 Hurrican MKI / 95 BF110
20 BlenMK IV / 10 Blen MK I
30 JU87
0 other units

*this is probably why i am not allowed to play with such things :) 

I would love to play a full campaign of tier 0 with a setup like this. Something much closer to simulating the real Battle of France. Alas since I never had the chance to play in 2002 I doubt I will ever see it. 

For Christmas, I want a brand new sniper rifle and for all Axis troops to wear Santa hats.  That is all.  :)

-Irish

So here we are, Saturday night. No campaign, and really a bummer to me that there won't be a new one until Tuesday. Just being honest. This is when I practice a little bit with different weapons and such; but ultimately, it's when I also go and play other games. That can't be a great thing (if other players are of the same mindset as me).

I hope with some of the changes, things will be adjusted so that HC isn't overworked or whatever and we don't need a 5/6 day "breather." Because the way this game is set up, it's only natural that many of us think of campaign as "game time" and intermission as, well, just practice. Not the real deal. That's just the dynamic of the game. 

3 people like this