• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
imded

Here is what happened in the last 11 camps.

88 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, imded said:

have you ever shot the bar. it is a scatter gun.

No hip firing accuracy. only prone.

Have you ever shot for example the MP40 or the MP34?

This is the usual ridiculous debate since the game exists. We have good weapons and you have good weapons. To say categorically that we have this or that is ridiculous because I can say the same about some allied specific weapons. What I'm not going to do is open a thread where indirectly it seems that those of us who play axis are the culprits of your failure, I'm fed up and it's enough. It's unfair and it's ridiculous.

And I do not have to play as an ally. I, like all of you here, pay my fee and I play on the side I want and my loyalty is 100% on the axis side because that is where I have my friends. If in the future, my friends decide to play on the other side, I will play as an ally as for example the WHIPS do. But honestly, seeing the attacks on my side, the ridiculous accusations, I lose the desire to play as an ally.

GL this map, as I said i hope you can win this one.

imdead's the perfect example of the populations stance on pop neutrality.

they will not log in on the other side.

axis side loyalist's are just logging in more. when allies were on a roll their side loyalists were logging in more.

I don't even need to check the history, I'll make this statement:

Ehis exact thread was brought up when allies were rolling maps

58 minutes ago, imded said:

have you ever shot the bar. it is a scatter gun.

No hip firing accuracy. only prone.

You ever fire the LMG from the hip?

I'm 50 / 50 with it , died plenty of times to a Rifle cause my rounds went all around the guy but not into him , that's why they call it Spray and Pray.

I had no issues with the BAR last campaign shot hunnybunny while she/he was at full sprint at 400 +meters.

The German LMG was a feared weapon in WWII that whole platoons did not advance till an LMG nest was 1st disposed off.

I think the biggest side bias cries come from players that never ever switched sides.  I fall victim to that talk once in a while too when I stay on one side to long. But as just recently it showed again the Axis and Allies all butch about the same things.

ATG not dying ( hence why we need a visual dmg model for AAA and ATG)   to soldiers jumping from a CP land and take that accurate one shot and kill you ( yup happened to me as an Allied INF just as it does on Axis just the killers name is different. And so it goes on.

Best example I have is from yesterday and it involved a RAT. 

I was 38t it gets killed by a Panhard, I know about where the Panny is and come back as P2 well aware that my chances are prop 20 % of succeeding .

I get shot at, Panny directly in front of me behind berm so he gets the 1st shot off, I let my 20mm auto cannon go as soon as that is empty I fire my MG then switch back to Auto cannon to not give the Panny a chance to get its sight picture back.  He fires 2 more shots or 3 and kills my driver , all while he is getting pounded by me in intervals of 20mm and MG . 3 Belts later of each the Panny despawns and I get a 

MESSAGE, Bastage how did you not die .

I informed him driver dead he went Ahhhh great battle , my response yup.

That RAT was no other then my former Squad mate @XOOM

No call of accusations of me cheating or anything else , I was just lucky that my tactic worked vs a far superior gun .

What we see in game and all the side bias talk , in my opinion results of :

How long a player has been in game without a restart. 

PC speed.

Connection to server.

Internet connection.

Prop time of day and how much traffic is funneled at any given time in your neighborhood via your Internet provider..

Sheer luck in game 

Skill of player. 

Patience of player 

Again both sides [censored] and moan about the same exact things if you don't believe me shed your side bias I only play Axis or Allied and do just 1 campaign on the icky side ( you will survive trust me and it's actually a lot of fun seeing your squad mates on your kill list and the revenge they seek and try to hunt you down whenever they can)

And then when that little side bias monster comes back ( and it will trust me I know ) do another campaign just to remind yourself we all sit in the same boat , just different equipment and different color uniform.

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, major0noob said:

axis side loyalist's are just logging in more. when allies were on a roll their side loyalists were logging in more.

I don't even need to check the history, I'll make this statement:

Ehis exact thread was brought up when allies were rolling maps

Exactly. Ebb and flow of HC/Squad leadership and experience (they are often one and the same).

It is good to see squads play the other side for a map. Why someone would keep themselves from playing the other 2/3 of the games content is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, Blacknoone said:

Exactly. Ebb and flow of HC/Squad leadership and experience (they are often one and the same).

It is good to see squads play the other side for a map. Why someone would keep themselves from playing the other 2/3 of the games content is beyond me.

Leaving aside what I just said, and speaking objectively, it would be fine. But put yourself in my place, I am Spanish and I do not speak English very well because i dont use it daily i speak spanish or basque. I feel uncomfortable and helpless not being able to say what I feel. The language barrier for Spanish players has always been a problem. Imagine that I am going to play ally, there I do not have friends, I do not know English ... Well, what I do is to stay with my squad who speak Spanish and we understand each other. If I knew how to speak English I would have been encouraged to play as an ally for a map or 2 etc. mainly because I have respect for many allied players that I would like to know and play with them. Especially with the AEF the lancers and the pathfinders .....and some ither legends.

3 hours ago, major0noob said:

I just want to clarify that I coined the term pop neutrality and I don't want it associated with balance through hard side spawn limits, which to me is a Spawn Gate system.

And that I thoroughly am against any SG setup or SD that is beyond 30s, ever.  SD shouldn't have a goal of getting people to spawn on the other side through frustration.

Edited by Kilemall

5 minutes ago, kase250 said:

Leaving aside what I just said, and speaking objectively, it would be fine. But put yourself in my place, I am Spanish and I do not speak English very well because i dont use it daily i speak spanish or basque. I feel uncomfortable and helpless not being able to say what I feel. The language barrier for Spanish players has always been a problem. Imagine that I am going to play ally, there I do not have friends, I do not know English ... Well, what I do is to stay with my squad who speak Spanish and we understand each other. If I knew how to speak English I would have been encouraged to play as an ally for a map or 2 etc. mainly because I have respect for many allied players that I would like to know and play with them. Especially with the AEF the lancers and the pathfinders .....and some ither legends.

Fair enough. It's hard for me to imagine seeing 250 on allied side anyway, you guys are an Axis staple at this point!

7 minutes ago, Blacknoone said:

Fair enough. It's hard for me to imagine seeing 250 on allied side anyway, you guys are an Axis staple at this point!

Hehehe. Well, we have had some cases of 250 players going to allied side for one or two maps. Zipayo250 (A very good tanker) is the example I can remember right now. And his experience in the light side was very nice.

33 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I just want to clarify that I coined the term pop neutrality and I don't want it associated with balance through hard side spawn limits, which to me is a Spawn Gate system.

And that I thoroughly am against any SG setup or SD that is up to 30s in only extreme differences.  SD shouldn't have a goal of getting people to spawn on the other side through frustration.

Uh, sorry, but Al Gore just called and said HE created “pop neutrality” / nice try . . . 

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, Blacknoone said:

Hispania250 is pretty active Axis / can use separate discord channel for voice comms and squad channel for text, all in Spanish. Squad members can repost/relay English comms to other squad members.  Maybe join forces to creat more critical mass 

IMO and after 14 years around and I may be wrong:

problem is not side imbalance but overall numbers.

I mean. It is not the same to defend an DO 5vs20 than 20vs80.

Same ratio with possibly different fun and for sure different perception of been rolled.

Most people give up when they think they are alone.

------

About the players/Squads playing always same side, yeah it can be a pain in the [censored] when they are in the wining side but they are usually the only ones also to be shot at when they are in the losing side. 

-----

I'm my case, I can hardly play and when I do, I play axis (250H) but if I join the game and if my side is highly overpopulated, then I leave the game. I don't like easy mode and do not want to be part of the rolling side.

S! To everyone and hope numbers will be back someday.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Lafleur said:

Uh, sorry, but Al Gore just called and said HE created “pop neutrality” / nice try . . . 

Dammit, he's got his own internet and climate change gig, he can just butt out!

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

And that I thoroughly am against any SG setup or SD that is up to 30s in only extreme differences.  SD shouldn't have a goal of getting people to spawn on the other side through frustration.

need reasonable ideas to get the numbers even. something within the rats thin workload

19 minutes ago, major0noob said:

need reasonable ideas to get the numbers even. something within the rats thin workload

Well maybe and that's a big fat maybe , before a player starts the new campaign in game , there is an option screen.

3 options .

1 . Is Axis your preferred side

2. Is Allied your preferred side

3. Don't care.

With all 3 come a stipulation .

Once 3 is selected  ( and it gets hard logged with your profile) the system will place you automatically into the low pop or side that needs help.

If you answer 1 or 2 you still have your choice , but it be completely up to you on what side you spawn in at the beginning of the campaign but once you click Allied or Axis you will be side loyal for the whole campaign with no chance of switching mid way through just because your side is loosing.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

12 hours ago, major0noob said:

@XOOM how's the small arms audit going?

A better person to ask would be @HATCH about the Small Arms audit.

cool, do you plan on full historical recoil and dispersion?

if you think it's too OP, you can make bolts behave like this (Aim while cycling)

it's a little thing but it makes a HUGE improvement in bolt action gameplay. the gunplay flow is just soo much better

30 minutes ago, major0noob said:

cool, do you plan on full historical recoil and dispersion?

if you think it's too OP, you can make bolts behave like this (Aim while cycling)

Yes on recoil and dispersion from a working/operational perspective of the weapon, but that doesn't mean the graphical animations will in all cases follow suit. We need an animator that works with "Granny2" to be able to change the animations that we are already using. I'll be thankful if I can just speed them up or slow them down to more closely match what the "actual" gun is doing, ie: cycle time, reload time, rise, settling, etc. 

30 minutes ago, major0noob said:

it's a little thing but it makes a HUGE improvement in bolt action gameplay. the gunplay flow is just soo much better

Looks really cool, but don't see any additions or modifications to current animations without some experienced animation help joining the team, and/or a new animation routine implementation altogether.

Population imbalances move the map and yes most players would rather quit than switch, for reasons that ehm are mostly not unknown at all. The problem is that one side dominates for over a year, and it includes pity wins, giving allieds head starts and toying with them generally. Remember allied couldn't take Koln in a week and got pushed back half map during one win and WHIPS help. I only say that one side shouldn't dominate and outright manipulate the game for THAT long, it's a no brainer, and most people who agree, are surprise surprise long gone. Have experienced the same in the only other online game i played, and i just cannot go back, i rather not point out why.

2 hours ago, ebert101 said:

Population imbalances move the map and yes most players would rather quit than switch, for reasons that ehm are mostly not unknown at all. The problem is that one side dominates for over a year, and it includes pity wins, giving allieds head starts and toying with them generally. Remember allied couldn't take Koln in a week and got pushed back half map during one win and WHIPS help. I only say that one side shouldn't dominate and outright manipulate the game for THAT long, it's a no brainer, and most people who agree, are surprise surprise long gone. Have experienced the same in the only other online game i played, and i just cannot go back, i rather not point out why.

Call me stupid but games are supposed to be fun.....If you go out and play a tennis match and lose it was still fun, if you play a golf match and lose you still have fun.  I get that some people are steadfast in not switching and thats fine and their right to do so and there is nothing wrong with that, but to quit over it I will just never understand that. 

For me..........I have played both sides, have been HC on both sides, met great guys/gals on both sides.  Its fun. Its competitive fun........but in the end at the end of the workday I come here to let off the stress of the day which is NOT fun and play a game I have played since 2003 and unwind.

This is a special community that you will NOT see in any other game on the market.  It is small, a lot of us have been here since the inception and we have regular interaction with the Devs, some on a personal basis and some have made lifelong friends.

I get people are frustrated or get frustrated over certain things, its human nature but in the end things ARE being addressed that in previous years were not, actual development on the game is being done now under XOOM and company so lets enjoy what we have and look forward to what will come.  There is no "perfect" balance but be glad we are all still here 17 yrs later.

S!

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, bmw said:

Call me stupid

Your stupid. Don't shoot the messenger. You asked for it.

CRS  How much of systems resources come into play outside of the normal playing area? Someone posted showing the how big our map really is. basically more than double. Does this extra not really usable area take up resources?  If it does, I recommend getting rid of it and only add just a little to our playing area.

3 minutes ago, imded said:

Your stupid. Don't shoot the messenger. You asked for it.

Image result for funsucker

1 hour ago, bmw said:

Call me stupid but games are supposed to be fun.....If you go out and play a tennis match and lose it was still fun, if you play a golf match and lose you still have fun.  I get that some people are steadfast in not switching and thats fine and their right to do so and there is nothing wrong with that, but to quit over it I will just never understand that. 

For me..........I have played both sides, have been HC on both sides, met great guys/gals on both sides.  Its fun. Its competitive fun........but in the end at the end of the workday I come here to let off the stress of the day which is NOT fun and play a game I have played since 2003 and unwind.

Good post. I generally agree with you ... it is supposed to be fun. Afterall it's just a game!

I think what you are seeing though, is that for a number of people, it has stopped being fun. I don't think that you can talk a person into changing their mind about what constitutes fun. Each person is a little different in this regard of course. 

For one person, it isn't fun to play on "the other" side. I suppose if the game had no comms, no squads, and was simply a shooter game where each player existed in a vacuum ..... players would be much more likely to swap. 

We hear all of the time that squads are the backbone of the game. Players are encouraged to join a squad, get on discord, form up. Well i hate to tell you this .... but ALMOST all squads are side loyal. Hell in many cases, it is obvious by reading the name of the squad which side they are loyal to. Play with a squad long enough and you form friendships ... and voila ... you tend to become loyal to the side where you're friends are!

Lastly, with your sports analogy. How long would a pickup basketball game be fun if it was 2 vs. 5? Or, if in your tennis match your opponent was playing doubles, and you were playing singles .... with a badminton racket. 

Edited by choad

4 minutes ago, choad said:

Lastly, with your sports analogy. How long would a pickup basketball game be fun if it was 2 vs. 5? Or, if in your tennis match your opponent was playing doubles, and you were playing singles .... with a badminton racket. 

I see your point.

My analogy was games = Fun, not so much a population analogy. 

Yes side population is/can be an issue for some but its been an issue for a long time.  I personally try to overlook it and just have fun with what Im up against.

15 hours ago, HATCH said:

It will be picked up again after the first of the year.

Thanks for all your hard work.

S!

1 person likes this