XOOM

1.36.0 Open Beta Q1-2019

13 posts in this topic

As we're getting closer here to Christmas and realizing the weight and value of 1.36 and getting it done correctly, we won't be making it in time for this Christmas.

That being said, we will have a Christmas patch with lots of goodies in it, including some stuff we haven't talked about that is going to transform the battlefield play space in many areas.

1.36 is slated for a couple more fixes based on our feedback and discussions here, and we want to get 1.36 in an Open Beta type setup to iron things out even more so that we get things refined and great.

Don't be bummed out, we're actually making good time / momentum now and we're going to keep the pedal to the metal here by talking, sharing and getting you involved. It's essential we get this right and battle tested before a live release. Good progress has been made and core functionality is in tact.

High Command meanwhile is getting reorganized right now, with their structures being condensed, and HC participation is getting incentivized for both HC officers and soon to be "Squads" for participating with HC as well.

All of these movements are in formation for a solid 1.36 release. At this stage I suspect strongly we'll be in Open BETA right around the turn of the year. This will get you in there, play testing, taking notes and learning and helping us figure out how we're doing and how we can improve.

8 people like this

:o

Oh well............getting it right is more important than pushing it out.

1 person likes this

Maybe we will get the DM fixed for Christmas, but I doubt it. :(

1 hour ago, bmw said:

:o

Oh well............getting it right is more important than pushing it out.

Exactly, that takes priority. 

49 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Damage Model fixed? For infantry we do have something coming down the pipeline.

56 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

What part of the DM are we referring to specifically?

The infantry damage model so it will work correctly with the new HE/KE implementation. 

Overpressure effects would be awesome, too, but I don't expect those until Christmas 2021!

Edited by GrAnit

1 hour ago, GrAnit said:

The infantry damage model so it will work correctly with the new HE/KE implementation. 

Well hopefully you'll be in for a pleasant surprise S!

2 people like this

Yes!  The next few months will be epic for WWII Online, I think.

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

9 hours ago, HATCH said:

Well hopefully you'll be in for a pleasant surprise S!

Oooooooh I cant believe it!!! 

GO GO GO!!!!!

Take the needed time to make 1.36 working properly!

You’re doing the right thing by waiting until 1.36 is finished, tested and ready for release. There’s nothing worse than releasing something half arsed just to make some arbitrary deadline. 

4 people like this

Quality work CRS! Will you be announcing the open beta to the steam community as well? The more the merrier I'd say.