• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
shagher

Stay AWAY please!

10 posts in this topic

Dear Rats,

You guys do such a GREAT job YET hurt the game so much at the same time...

• Please stay away from the natural flow of the game with the Spawn delays and Capture timers.... There will be 1 winner. 1 loser at the end... Let It happen naturally. 

It only upset players... Pleases no one.

• Sending a Rat to lure his Squad into playing with the other side is only creating internal squad issues and departures when you actually try to get STRONGER squads... A non-sense!!!!

We all love your work in keeping the game clean... Addressing bug issues and such... Keep it up... And PLEASE!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! STAY AWAY from micro managing the natural flow of the game!!!

S!

shagher.png

1 person likes this

Ya.   No on SD/CT removal.  Damn Skippy it's needed, just needs to be adjusted.

There is nothing natural or happy about being beat to death when you're outnumbered 2:1 all over the map for weeks or months on end.  It's not even the losing maps or towns, but never being able to drive a tank or get out of a spawn because you're cut down immediately.  Happens, part of the game?  Sure, Happens every hour of every night you're in?  Then it's not a game.

Edited by Kilemall
3 people like this

Nothing you cant stop with a good squad on D making early DFMS.

When I am camped I am EITHER content to play the Davy Crockett in the Alamo or guilty of bad/ too late defense. I have no excuses.

I shall not look at an artificial tool to protect my sorry butt. 

My view.

3 hours ago, shagher said:
  • Sending a Rat to lure his Squad into playing with the other side is only creating internal squad issues and departures when you actually try to get STRONGER squads... A non-sense!!!!

S!

shagher.png

WHIPS has gone over every once in a while to play Allied so what makes this time any different except for the fact that Dwalin ( I assume thats who your refering to) happens to be RAT status now.

Edited by bmw

It was done on a 1 in 10 Campain schedule I believe  to add spice and non routine for those who wanted it. Cool and FUN even for me who doesnt switch.

This time it happened in a very different way and at the last minute.. And we have now internal issues. 

I am not here to provide reasons or explanations. I am here doing my part to protect the integrity of our Squad and others that might fall into this backdoor game.

DWALIN IS A FRIEND. But this is wrong.

Not recognizing it is hurting our community alltogether. Facto... Not an opinion.

I saw it today. 

9 minutes ago, shagher said:

It was done on a 1 in 10 Campain schedule I believe  to add spice and non routine for those who wanted it. Cool and FUN even for me who doesnt switch.

This time it happened in a very different way and at the last minute.. And we have now internal issues. 

I am not here to provide reasons or explanations. I am here doing my part to protect the integrity of our Squad and others that might fall into this backdoor game.

DWALIN IS A FRIEND. But this is wrong.

Not recognizing it is hurting our community alltogether. Facto... Not an opinion.

I saw it today. 

Fair enough.  I was just wondering why the hostility towards it.  Hope it works out for you guys.  I was in WHIPSfor a bit, good guys.  

No problem.

If I do not communicate it will continue and Squads wont improve.

We re trying to get squads stronger and I agree that it would be great to see it happen.

S!

OK @shagher, I'm going to address this rather than have a mod hide the thread (because I believe we need to nip this).  I'm actually pretty upset that you called me out in public like this rather than talk to me about it.  I'll take each one point by point

• No one "sent" me to lure *anyone* to play one side or the other.  And the fact that you think this is true, frankly, is very wrong and insulting to me and the belief I have in our squad.  I had every intention of playing Allied this campaign.  I did not in any way influence anyone in WHIPS to come Allied.  I wasn't even going to open that opportunity until well after I'd heard a minimum of 6 other WHIPS say they were going Allied this campaign.  They said, very bluntly, they were tired of rolling through towns with no one to fight.  None of them had any idea I was going Allied at the time they said it.  The only person who may have had any inclination was Hastien, and that was only because he was taking over the squad as CO at the end of last campaign.
  • The RATS (myself or otherwise) had no influence on what people wanted to do this campaign.  This was an internal squad discussion.  As a matter of fact, here is the exact quote I put on our forums  

Salute everyone. We have been hearing more than a few members of WHIPS who have been talking about potentially playing Allied next campaign. As such, after discussion on Discord and in our leadership forum, we have decided to open next campaign up for whatever people want to play. There are a few caveats, however, in this. First, please try to stay the entire campaign wherever you decide to play. Second, if you want to play Allied, we will do exactly what we do as Axis.

If you read there, it was a decision made by squad leadership.  Not just me.  And my only comment during those discussions were that I was going, in no way was that meant to influence anyone in the squad leadership on whether to open that discussion up or not, it was only a comment on what I was doing and why I was stepping down as CO (among other reasons)

• There was no "backdoor games" being played here.  We had numerous other members of the squad involved in this discussion.  It was broached by senior leadership on November 22 and discussed both on forums and in Discord before being posted for all members on November 23.  

I'm really sorry you feel that I am trying to influence the squad to do one thing or the other.  I was looking out for WHIPS as a squad.  We were going to "lose" 5-8 regular players this campaign who had committed to going Allied.  Leadership decided to open this one up a little bit.  If you want to discuss this with me, then we discuss it in private.  You said this was creating internal issues, but you just made them external.  

1 person likes this

@shagher Appreciate your support, CRS is consistently listening and watching the movement on the ground. We're pretty happy at the moment with how spawn delay is and capture timers, so I don't suspect changes to be made in the interim. Things do change as population adjusts however so we need to be ready to handle WWII Online's needs and respond accordingly.

I want to respectfully address your Squad stuff, because I feel it is necessary to make sure Cornered Rat Software's position is clear on this.

CRS wants Squads to grow. WHIPS is one of our most valued Squads, among many others. I would personally never, nor have I, encouraged any direct or indirect intent or attempt to manipulate the direction of a Squad, to include what side they play on. Maintaining neutrality and avoid at all costs being biased is very essential to our ability to succeed and support our community in totality.

Please take my word for it, there's no conspiracy theory or intent to do harm. I was surprised by the decision for WHIPS to go Allied, but it has happened before, organically and naturally, as it appears this has as well. @Dwalinis probably one of the most unbiased guys within our organization and he is doing a damn fine job of supporting customers regardless of side. That's why I personally saw fit to make him our Support Team Lead, and trust him with the care of our customers. His response here above no doubt includes some frustration, but he is, as we all are, human and capable of having emotions, particularly when one's honor and reputation is being called into play.

I'm not sure of WHIPS Squads politics nor do I wish to be made aware of or apart of them beyond what the community is already being exposed to as part of this post. What I can say is... you have a new CO, you guys have a reputation for being organized and doing good things, and you guys need to handle this internally and please realize CRS is in no way involved with your guys Squad dynamics. We have a lot of stuff going on and are far too busy, and we also realize the destructiveness of such a thing.

S! 

2 people like this

Thanks @xoom and @Dwalin for clarifying your position on the subjects. S!

4 people like this