onearmed

WW2.exe - System Error - api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

18 posts in this topic

"The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

This is the error that pops up when I try to start the game (online or offline). I've tried uninstalling and redownloading vc_redist.x86.exe and similar files. I'm running Win7 on my gaming laptop.

Game worked fine until November patch, haven't been able to get in since then. sfc /scannow hasn't shown any errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I installed some windows updates, restarted, and now got it to work. My 2017 c++ library is a newer version than the link you provided, but thanks again for the response.

1 person likes this

I freshly installed windows on a new machine and installed WWII Online.

when I try to run the game it gives the same error message as onearmed got.

I tried downloading the x64 (got 64 bit OS) C++ library but it didn't help, I stil get the same error message when trying to launch the game. Please help I want to play tonight, it's my day off :(

just installed the 32 bit C++ library (x86) and still gives me "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Yes gives me the download. When I start it it asks which program should be used to install. There's only one option and it's "Windows Update Standalone Installer" when I open it with that program it just goes on an endless loops saying it's "Searching for updates on this computer". I cannot cancel it either, need to restart PC for it to stop.

Well scheisse... all the other games work fine on this machine but I wanted to play WWII Online especialy.

I don't know, my friend installed windows for me during the day because I had to attend some stuff. Key is Authentic though

You could try manually installing both the VC 2015 32bit i linked about, along with the VC 2017 32bit that i think you already installed

That might at least get you by for a bit.

If the install was from like an OEM 8.1 CD, it may have quite a bit of updates to thrash through

Game wise, it is simply saying you dont have one of them installed.

Long term though, if windows continues to have issues updating, you may pull a fresh ISO which will have most of the updates already in it, and rerun the install
At your convenience.

MS makes it easy, it makes a bootable USB flash drive
and its literally boot from it, click a few simple things, and walk away for an hour while it does the rest

Edited by Merlin51

I finally made it. I somehow managed to update the windows updater and installed over 150 updates. after that WWII Online would run just fine :)

thank you for your time!