Mosizlak

Reducing auto supply...

124 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Capco said:

Word.  I don't disagree.  

 

It was aimed at minky's assertion about the past, not you bud.  

It doesn’t much matter does it. Most of the LW pilots are gone at this point. There are no more LW squads dedicated to CAS support. The damage has long since been done. I guess the discussion is rather pointless at this point. The game is what it is and it’s not changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Revisionist history at it's finest, Cap. :(

right? marshmellow guns. TOEs gutting any sort of meaningful interdiction and AWS piling on the issue. Absolutely broken FMs for literally a [censored] decade ...

yeah it was just the fishbowl and AWS ... nay. those two were the final coffin nails - the mass exit happened when the FMs were broken in the first place to ham handily FORCE an unrealistic turning advantage for the spitfire. the spit1 has ALWAYS out turned the 109 - it just didn't do so enough for some folks who at the time were fairly seriously out gunned with only the brick520 as support. the lack of cannon and the lack of a reasonable also ran in the D520 conspired to fan the flames of the notion that the 109s turned too well.

 

so we broke the 109s, lost a ton of players, and continued to add insult to injury over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Ok, we'll see how sanguine you are if we get Italian fighters, which should be better turn fighters, and then you get 190 guys squawking about their rides being cut in half, or Italian guys not happy their stuff runs out.

won't be the same issues - not even close. italians are grossly out gunned until tier ... well realistically really late tier 2. they'll be liked by some but by no means will be seen by the majority as 'better than' 109s or 190s ... well ... if the cannons don't get fixed then the italians too will shoot marshmellows since all their cannons are german - MG151/20 almost exclusively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, madrebel said:

right? marshmellow guns. TOEs gutting any sort of meaningful interdiction and AWS piling on the issue. Absolutely broken FMs for literally a [censored] decade ...

yeah it was just the fishbowl and AWS ... nay. those two were the final coffin nails - the mass exit happened when the FMs were broken in the first place to ham handily FORCE an unrealistic turning advantage for the spitfire. the spit1 has ALWAYS out turned the 109 - it just didn't do so enough for some folks who at the time were fairly seriously out gunned with only the brick520 as support. the lack of cannon and the lack of a reasonable also ran in the D520 conspired to fan the flames of the notion that the 109s turned too well.

 

so we broke the 109s, lost a ton of players, and continued to add insult to injury over the years.

Pretty much spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kilemall said:

Ok, again- what is your solution?

Given that my first post about this issue was in 2005 entitled “Give noobs 109s” hoping to rebuild the LW numbers, my solution at this point is to not subscribe until CRS fixes the issue. The issue has been beaten to death and solutions tossed CRS’ way for over a decade now. I can only assume at this point they don’t really care if the air game is competitive. And why should they?  The vast majority that this fix would please left the game long ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, minky said:

Given that my first post about this issue was in 2005 entitled “Give noobs 109s” hoping to rebuild the LW numbers, my solution at this point is to not subscribe until CRS fixes the issue. The issue has been beaten to death and solutions tossed CRS’ way for over a decade now. I can only assume at this point they don’t really care if the air game is competitive. And why should they?  The vast majority that this fix would please left the game long ago. 

Very hard to blame something from decades ago (since this is a new team in place) which just started in 2017 to be able to bring fixes, and new content back into the game in nearly five years. By choosing to not subscribe you do not support the efforts being made to get these fixes in. The flight model is in the queue to be worked on, and while the completion is only at 25% it is on the list of high priority items.

https://www.wwiionline.com/community-news#dev-roadmap

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

But you want noobs to have spitfires and D520's?

Hurricane isn't exactly a slouch. Also, noobs having access to spits just worsens the problem of never any spits around, doesn't it? Noobs in 520s though, sure why not. nobody else is using them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone here that has been here a long time got themselves into 109's and Spitfire's etc, by flying 110's and hawks and hurricanes and blens and stukas.

The people who can spank your arse and send you home to mommy in a 109, can slap the snot out of you in a 110.
They flew them, they died, they learned, they got good, they moved up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not strictly true merlin, there used to be a loop hole. 10 defense missions as infantry attached to rear line airfields allowed you to bypass the 110.

Did that on a few alt accounts and did it the 'right way' on this account. It wasnt a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Personally, i have fun with the 110
But you want noobs to have spitfires and D520's?

Killer responded, because he actually recognized that one side with 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 in sorties for the game is a problem. That’s when the policy of noobs only being 1 RDP tier behind came into effect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the issue in that thread has been brought up a lot lately with little recognition. Possibly hatch’s post comparing the old cylinder to the new bubble is the closest we have gotten in terms of acknowledgement. 

 

Planes essentially have visual conditions that irl would ground air wings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

capco plays allies, he knows the complaints from the forums, but the sheer scale of BS the LW put up with is lost on most allies.

 

i wanna emphasize "sheer scale". it's like the thinking the Denver skyscrapers are really big and tall, then looking at the mountains

denver-skyline.jpg?w968h681

 

dedicated allies have no idea what the LW has to go through... the only fun is when the FAF is on, win or loss the FAF is fair play and friendly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LETS TRY TO KEEP ALL THIS WHINING ON THE FORUMS IT GETTING OLD SEEING IT ON CHAT INGAME EVERYTIME A NEW WHINER LOGS IN CANT SEE ANYTHING ELSE BUT WHINING OVER AND OVER AND OVER, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHEN PPL MAY NEED HELP OR WHAT NEEDS DONE, NOT A BUNCH OF BULL[censored]!!!!!!!!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, madrebel said:

Not strictly true merlin, there used to be a loop hole. 10 defense missions as infantry attached to rear line airfields allowed you to bypass the 110.

Did that on a few alt accounts and did it the 'right way' on this account. It wasnt a lot of fun.

Not at first, or at least i did not know of it anyways until later, getting rank for a infantry defensive mission (or doing rounds of truck drops).
If you look at my game stats, you will see that i am not very good in the air, i die lots when i fly, and i dont have much rank.
But the rank i do have, i got from playing with the hawks and 110s, and blen MK I's and to be honest, my skill does not really justify me using anything much else.
For me to be not a just a waste of a good plane, i'd need to get gudder, lots gudder.

Considering that you are one of the people that i would consider more than capable of waxing some goofball in some high tier plane with rank 0 rides
Why did you find it unfun?

With out simply handing out a free plane, what could make it more fun?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first started in 2007 I quite enjoyed the tier 0 setup of Hurricanes, Hawks, D520s and 110s. I always felt that is simulated that very early 1940s set up the best. I'd like to see a return of that if tiers get updated/split into more tiers. Of course, it would be Hurricane Mk 1s, D520s, Hawks, 110s and a small number of 109E-1s. In fact, one of the major reasons I play WW2OL is because it attempts to simulate the Battle of France, hence tier 0 is my favourite time. Personally, I'd like to see a 1940/41 campaign only (where RDP never goes past that) and then other campaign setups that are fictional that start at other tiers. Always feels like we just rush through the early war to sit at an unfinished tier 3 +.  It would be nice to flesh out the early war but I'm sure everyone has an opinion on that. Still waiting on the Fairey Battle S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Not at first, or at least i did not know of it anyways until later, getting rank for a infantry defensive mission (or doing rounds of truck drops).
If you look at my game stats, you will see that i am not very good in the air, i die lots when i fly, and i dont have much rank.
But the rank i do have, i got from playing with the hawks and 110s, and blen MK I's and to be honest, my skill does not really justify me using anything much else.
For me to be not a just a waste of a good plane, i'd need to get gudder, lots gudder.

Considering that you are one of the people that i would consider more than capable of waxing some goofball in some high tier plane with rank 0 rides
Why did you find it unfun?

With out simply handing out a free plane, what could make it more fun?
 

Let’s not delude ourselves in some fantasy that pilots in the early days had to grind their way to higher rank through kills. In the first three or so years of the game’s existence spawning in and sitting on the runway for 10 minutes and then despawning got you 10 points towards rank. A lot folks never took off and earned their way to the top ride.  Same thing in tanks by the way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, minky said:

Let’s not delude ourselves in some fantasy that pilots in the early days had to grind their way to higher rank through kills. In the first three or so years of the game’s existence spawning in and sitting on the runway for 10 minutes and then despawning got you 10 points towards rank. A lot folks never took off and earned their way to the top ride.  Same thing in tanks by the way. 

So thats why I saw a lot of planes sitting in airfields doing nothing.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, minky said:

Let’s not delude ourselves in some fantasy that pilots in the early days had to grind their way to higher rank through kills. In the first three or so years of the game’s existence spawning in and sitting on the runway for 10 minutes and then despawning got you 10 points towards rank. A lot folks never took off and earned their way to the top ride.  Same thing in tanks by the way. 

I did, feel free to go look. My rank sucks, but it's all mine.
And i dont remember us having the TOM points until later, like 2002 / 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I did, feel free to go look. My rank sucks, but it's all mine.
And i dont remember us having the TOM points until later, like 2002 / 2003

I earned mine on the other account by bombing with Stukas. You know... back when their were Axis CAS pilots and dedicated CAS squads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Considering that you are one of the people that i would consider more than capable of waxing some goofball in some high tier plane with rank 0 rides
Why did you find it unfun?

With out simply handing out a free plane, what could make it more fun?
 

the 110 is NOT capable of 'waxing goofballs' in higher tier planes. It just isn't, not in my hands anyway. Meaning, co-alt co-e we both see each other there is NOTHING the 110 can do. not true of the H75 and hurricane. in those I can cross up 109s with ease if they decide to press the attack.

110s HAVE to have significant energy advantages and HAVE to stick to an extremely disciplined flight envelope or they're just dead. 

 

That said, there have been 110 pilots significantly better than I've ever been in that thing who could make it dance a bit better. even those guys though were meat when some of the better allied pilots were around. it just can't turn the tables well at all.

 

further, historically, the battle of france i honestly have been looking a little trying to find reports of what exactly the 110 did or did not do participation wise and can find very little. Just over 800 109Es were committed to the BoF and I can't find any numbers for the 110s. meaning, someone mentioned 'history' as it relates to german plane tiers in this game ... they're a laughable departure from history for two reasons.

1) at no time did the 110s number ever get near the number of 109s - and im having trouble finding anything relating to the BoF

2) at no point were average pilots ever chosen for the zestroyer squadrons.

 

The BoB showed the 110s just werent cut out for air superiority. after the BoB the 110s were exclusively CAS, recce, night fighters, or heavy fighters for daylight anti bomber roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

110's are wingmen, consider you'll only kill one EA at best.

they have centerline guns and a lot of ammo, use em at a distance (start of red square) and use their ammo reserves generously.

use the distance to dive (hard) to friendlies when there's a red circle on your 4-8, lock the zoom then switch to tail gunner to... try

 

after the zoom it's a dodo, anything in the red square can take it out

 

110's are not ace friendly. they're soldering planes: gonna die a lot with a single kill.

they're fun for people who've developed a skill for AAA before jumping into one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 9:42 PM, minky said:

Given that my first post about this issue was in 2005 entitled “Give noobs 109s” hoping to rebuild the LW numbers, my solution at this point is to not subscribe until CRS fixes the issue. The issue has been beaten to death and solutions tossed CRS’ way for over a decade now. I can only assume at this point they don’t really care if the air game is competitive. And why should they?  The vast majority that this fix would please left the game long ago. 

So just drive-by beeching?  Boy that's useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kilemall said:

So just drive-by beeching?  Boy that's useful.

DDZ had a pretty good night last night. It was a tough fight. I thought we had lost it when Katonka went down. Then MJD threw the “grenade of destiny”. Boom... chicken dinner just like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.