• Announcements

• HEAVY265

TOS Change regarding the Forums   11/23/2018

Rule 23 is in discussions.  The official change will come out soon.  It will go effect Jan 1st. As it stands from this point.  Political and religious posts are allowed in off topic.  Be mindful to be respectful to each other.   That is all for now. Thank you for your continued support and patience.
XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

36 posts in this topic

Today we have learned that one of our long-time friends and fellow RAT, Geof "Docdoom" Evans, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma (cancer). This news is difficult to bare and we want to do what ever is possible to help Doc in this trying time.

If you know Doc, you know he's not the kind of guy who asks for help. CRS, both present and retired RATS, have all come together in recognition that we need to not only make sure people know about this, but are provided with an opportunity to help mitigate the burden now placed on our friend, and brother in arms, Doc.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-doc-fight-lymphoma

35154968_1544139062836241_r.jpeg

2 people like this

It is very nice to see all of the people opening up their pocket book for a guy who has meant so much to the game! About 80% funded after 1 day, great job all!

1 person likes this

Terribly saddened by this news..

All the best, do what needs to be done to get well...

Take care..

<S!>

Cheers Monty..

1 person likes this

Hey everyone. Just a quick "omg I don't believe it" drop by to say thanks for helping steel me for what lies ahead. It means more than I can ever put into words. This place was an enormous chunk of my life (as it is yours) and I could not be more grateful. If you're a reader of stories (I might go as far as to say good stories) you can help me a lot by going to the link below and generating some attention there. Other than that, thanks for everything and let the fight begin !

http://amazon.com/author/geof.rey.evans?fbclid=IwAR0lKmMI2Hr1W__F_6Kh9T1U13Cb9UpMESonFONFYdcqC_Yau04x0BXqS6M

Oh and the Axis stuff is totally too uber. ;)

No it's not.

Yes it is.

Yo momma.

Up yours gitface.

Soon.

Edited by DOC
6 people like this

9 minutes ago, DOC said:

Soon.

OMG, you did not just say SooN™
or did you say SooN©2001
Them thar is fightin words

Is there any chance you could get Air to Air gunfighter up on Amazon or some place, and Butcherbird's guide to a free lunch?
I'd love new copies of those that are not falling apart

24 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

OMG, you did not just say SooN™
or did you say SooN©2001
Them thar is fightin words

Is there any chance you could get Air to Air gunfighter up on Amazon or some place, and Butcherbird's guide to a free lunch?
I'd love new copies of those that are not falling apart

I have to locate copies in good condition. I don't have any. If I can get a hold of copies in good condition I can put them into print again.

I'm just off to bed but I really wanted to say thank you all again. The CRS GFM campaign has been hugely humbling. In the immediate sense it is of enormous assistance.  I also just got an email with my Kindle report (amazon) and your rallying around my books has pushed one of them (book 1) from the 2 million mark in ranking to 50,000 in rank. The other one (book 2) from 3 million up to 63,000. This isn't how many were sold  of course, just where they sit on the amazon "visibility" list. This is huge for me and helps push me into a more sustainable place in the market. Eventually maybe something more long term which is ... as I go into this weeks biopsy visit; something that lifts my spirits to a degree you cannot imagine. God willing I'll get book 3 done soon and finish the series. Your support in this small enterprise might become something that long term changes my entire life. It's not exactly "going viral" but your difference is making a huge difference to me.

Just want you all to know how thankful I am, and how happy that this seemingly small thing you've done on amazon makes me.

<S!> ... all of you. Now stop making me cry. :D

http://amazon.com/author/geof.rey.evans?fbclid=IwAR0lKmMI2Hr1W__F_6Kh9T1U13Cb9UpMESonFONFYdcqC_Yau04x0BXqS6M

23 hours ago, DOC said:

If I can get ahold of copies in good condition I can put them into print again.

Is it possible for the Fort Worth area library to do an interlibrary loan with one of the Australian libraries that holds a copy?

been a while :)  Get well soon Doc!  It warms my heart to see this community you built, and familiar names still going strong! (sup Mo! ;) )