• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

73 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I am at the part where the crazy chick takes her bike on a boat
then work interrupted

Hey it's a good read, you're going pretty slow. Stop working so hard. Leave a review when you're done and while you're at it, make it 5 star. You'll have to close the TE every 30 minutes anyway.

1 hour ago, DOC said:

Hey it's a good read, you're going pretty slow. Stop working so hard. Leave a review when you're done and while you're at it, make it 5 star. You'll have to close the TE every 30 minutes anyway.

Unfortunately real life work wants to eat all the rest of my time and interrupt my reading

Hey @DOC, I have Kindle Unlimited and have your books in my list...was wondering how/if you get paid when someone uses Kindle Unlimited to read your books...? 

And whats up, @tbomber, glad to see you back! Even for a little bit :P

2 people like this

Good question Moz. I *think* that Kindle assumes the extra "coverage" of all the free downloads will get the author  more notoriety thus leading to greater chance of viral "exposure" and that this warrants the reduced royalty the author receives. In truth I just write and hope like hell it goes somewhere. Bit like WWIIOL really.

w00t !

PS: there is a "world wide fund" that Kindle divides up amongst authors to pay them for Kindle Unlimited downloads. I still don't quite get how it's algorithm works even though they periodically re-explain it to us.

Edited by DOC
2 people like this

1 minute ago, aismov said:

We just hit the goal today. Thanks to all that donated!

S!

Stretch goal!!!!
Reward for meeting it
A full size poster of Doc

In a G-String!

1 person likes this

There are no words to describe your awesomeness, all of you. I will never be able to say thanks enough. First surgery tomorrow. Instead of a G string how about a hospital gown ?

6 people like this

1 hour ago, DOC said:

There are no words to describe your awesomeness, all of you. I will never be able to say thanks enough. First surgery tomorrow. Instead of a G string how about a hospital gown ?

snapshots of your nurses will be fine.

Image result for sexy hospital gown

2 people like this

2 hours ago, DOC said:

Instead of a G string how about a hospital gown ?

Every time ive worn one of those, I felt like my arse was swinging in the breeze

9 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Every time ive worn one of those, I felt like my arse was swinging in the breeze

It's not a bug, it's a feature

15 hours ago, DOC said:

First surgery tomorrow.

Waiting for good news. One step at a time.

8 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Waiting for good news. One step at a time.

jea  and we are all with you  ... and we are many here

Well just got out. First procedure seemed pretty minor to me. We know a little more. Not nearly enough. Another visit in 5 days. So far, 2 of 5 nodes are abnormal. One of them very much so. It's grown quite a bit. That's all I got for now. In closing, yeah ... I would have thought in the last 50 years they'd have invented a better hospital frock.

Lymphoma. So far all we know is it's in the lymph nodes of my neck. The complete disappearance of all the fatty tissue from those nodes is a concern. We'll know more soon.

Wouldn't be right if I didn't say "soon" now would it ?

;)

16 minutes ago, DOC said:

Lymphoma. So far all we know is it's in the lymph nodes of my neck. The complete disappearance of all the fatty tissue from those nodes is a concern. We'll know more soon.

Wouldn't be right if I didn't say "soon" now would it ?

;)

DOC.....my dad had B-Cell Lymphoma.....not sure of your type as I'm sure you have been going thru you testing phase at the moment, but I wish you well. 

Fight the good fight and hopefully "soon" you can get this in check.

S!

I had a biopsy for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about forty years ago. Persistently swollen neck nodes, and all the doctors involved were pretty sure I had it. They kept me draped while they did the pathology on the biopsy samples because they expected to do further surgery in the same procedure. But, the biopsy came back negative.

On 13/12/2018 at 4:07 AM, DOC said:

First surgery tomorrow.

Hope all goes well today (Friday).

MV5BZWFiN2FmMGMtMzcwNS00MmExLTkyZGMtZGRj

6 hours ago, jwilly said:

I had a biopsy for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma about forty years ago. Persistently swollen neck nodes, and all the doctors involved were pretty sure I had it. They kept me draped while they did the pathology on the biopsy samples because they expected to do further surgery in the same procedure. But, the biopsy came back negative.

had the same , they cut it wide out made the biopsy and it was the [censored] cancer.

had to do 8 chemos 2015 - 2016.the first chemo was ok ,all the rest was ,lets say ,not so good.

but i dont want to scare you doc,i had people on my reha that said they had no problems with the chemo.

after the chemo i had to go for bloodcheck every 3 month,now im up to all 6 month and the doc says its all ok and he dont thinks its coming back.

i wish you the best doc and gl , my doc said to me : we have to fight now ,life is not over!

Doc, I am sure you will win this fight. It won' be easy but as bersi said, life is not over.

How can I contribute to the GoFundme thing without a credit card? Either I am to stupid or there is no alternative payment method.  If everything else fails, I will paypal you my share directly.

On 2018-12-14 at 4:20 AM, rote7 said:

Doc, I am sure you will win this fight. It won' be easy but as bersi said, life is not over.

How can I contribute to the GoFundme thing without a credit card? Either I am to stupid or there is no alternative payment method.  If everything else fails, I will paypal you my share directly.

you can do paypal with GoFundMe.

S!

Its been many years since I played this game but I remember Doc as being very helpful and a gentleman. My wife went thru a Lymphoma scare in '87 and after 14 mos of me almost worrying to death she is doing well and showing clean scans and tests. Theres a lot of hope for full recovery's from Lymphoma, even after a re occurrence. Its a very survivable cancer.

I wish Doc the best and bet anything he makes a full recovery and always treat each day like the blessing it is.

Quick update on hospital exit first exploratory surgery. They changed it from the super major version they had planned for reasons I won't explain because it's kind of complicated. I probably get THAT surgery in 2 weeks. Unfortunately while I am stage 3 they can't find the primary (yet) but results from this surgery might pin point it when the lab gets all the results back next week. We're hoping. Good news : it isn't lung cancer and my lungs came back as all clear. OS 100% which is as good as the numbers go. It doesn't make sense to me as a long term smoker but there ya go, I'm a freak or something. Now we have to do one super expensive scan that they only do when the other 3 or 4 types fail to find the primary. Then the (they warned me) high risk neck dissection. Followed by 5 days a week chemo for 4 months. Oh this will be fun. But still not decided. That's the plan if the primary turns out to be the lymphatic nodes which is so rare that in both their surgical careers I would be the 5th patient ever to have that condition. So highly unlikely although they think a best case for me if it does. So for 2 more weeks I'm back at square one. Can only plan and prepare options no decisions to be made yet. As far as everything "normal" like living and stuff outside of the medical side of all this, how it's going to finish up I have no idea. I have to take a road trip while I still can, down to Houston to fix up my Oz citizenship stuff so that option can be pursued depending on what lies ahead. I have to be ready to not work again for at least half a year. That's daunting. Never mind, the universe will have a way. It always did before. Peace and love everyone, we're all we got so stick together. 

The huge support and critical (at this point) assistance you great people have provided so far have made it possible for me to get this far. I will never be able to thank you enough. You're all in my thoughts every day. I apologize if details seem a little vague but it seems to change with every procedure/visit/test/surgery so really good detail appears to be a hindsight thing rather than a predictable one. Provided I make the next 3 or 4 steps (and I will!) then maybe it will clear up some more. Ok I gotta go and dodge some more bullets now.

!S!

PS: when you're walking through the flames don't forget to ask for a cold beer.

Edited by DOC
1 person likes this