• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

86 posts in this topic

Good luck Doc, sounds as though there is some good news to be found in all of that .... so i guess ya take whatever positives you get and move forward and build from there. Sounds like you are getting good care which is the most important thing.

9 minutes ago, DOC said:

when you're walking through the flames don't forget to ask for a cold beer.

Or bring it with you.

One day at a time S!

On 12/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, DOC said:

there ya go, I'm a freak or something.

Well heck, you didn't need to go through all this stuff just to find that out, any of us could have told you.

S!

Last update for a few weeks, unless a miracle happens.

We haven't made a lot of progress but we have eliminated some things. The big issue is they haven't found the primary even after all these bloody scans. Getting a PET soon maybe that will find it. I'm about to get a full neck dissection but how much they remove depends on what they find. The surgeon told me in all honesty a lot depends on what he can see with his own eyes once he cuts me open. Things are going slowly in some respects because of financial considerations so there is no way in all that eternity can provide, that I will ever be able to thank all of you great people enough for the help you have given me. Right now it's a toss up between lymphoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Not sure which is the better outcome. It could they say be something else if the primary is found. Level 3 malignant has been confirmed, hey that's better than level 4 or 5 right ? They have ruled out the throat and lungs as a result of testing and those are the two most common primaries in my case so again ... it could be worse. I won't go on too much until I know more, perhaps my next update can wait until after the surgery coming up. I am reminded of a line from a song I wrote that might help you understand I'm still in this fight.

"I crawl across the desert ...

Drag myself through cut glass

All because I don't know how to die."

4 people like this

Just finished reading the first book, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like your writing style. Now on to book 2 and I will be waiting impatiently for book 3.

Thanks for taking a chance on the books oh Weasel from the wild side. Can I ask you a huge favour since it's real hard to get people to do this ... and leave a review on the books amazon.com page where you bought it ? Something that maybe suggests that my writing style is a little different ? I think it's one of the books strengths but I can't really tout that myself. Thanks again for taking a chance on me.

https://www.amazon.com/Geof-Rey-Evans/e/B0181D1RBI?fbclid=IwAR0lKmMI2Hr1W__F_6Kh9T1U13Cb9UpMESonFONFYdcqC_Yau04x0BXqS6M

Edited by DOC
url link correction

Hey there WWIIOL fans. So here's an update on my progress. Went in for surgery on Monday ... they weren't sure exactly what would be removed as there was to be a spot pathology while I was under to determine the true extent of what showed up in my last scan. So a piece of my throat was taken at the base of where the tongue starts down in the throat. Well we found the primary folks, it's in my throat. So my lymphoma is being caused by a throat cancer. This meant the tumor in my neck was not removed as it will be treated by chemo on the primary in my throat. Now we are waiting for more pathology on the type of cancer I have in my throat/base of my tongue. This will determine what further surgery I have to undergo in addition to the precise nature of the chemo treatment. I've not been feeling all that great this week but that's to be expected, I should bounce back just in time to start chemo eh (sardonic grin) ... at the same time I'm making an effort to get my car fixed because I can't let that slide no matter how challenging it is to rectify that situation. For those not in the know I kind of sacrificed my front end to a concrete wall to help a dog to not have his very last dash across the road through traffic. It's going to be a busy week ahead that's for sure. Hope you're all well and don't take anything for granted. That's an order so pay attention.  S!

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, DOC said:

Hey there WWIIOL fans. So here's an update on my progress. Went in for surgery on Monday ... they weren't sure exactly what would be removed as there was to be a spot pathology while I was under to determine the true extent of what showed up in my last scan. So a piece of my throat was taken at the base of where the tongue starts down in the throat. Well we found the primary folks, it's in my throat. So my lymphoma is being caused by a throat cancer. This meant the tumor in my neck was not removed as it will be treated by chemo on the primary in my throat. Now we are waiting for more pathology on the type of cancer I have in my throat/base of my tongue. This will determine what further surgery I have to undergo in addition to the precise nature of the chemo treatment. I've not been feeling all that great this week but that's to be expected, I should bounce back just in time to start chemo eh (sardonic grin) ... at the same time I'm making an effort to get my car fixed because I can't let that slide no matter how challenging it is to rectify that situation. For those not in the know I kind of sacrificed my front end to a concrete wall to help a dog to not have his very last dash across the road through traffic. It's going to be a busy week ahead that's for sure. Hope you're all well and don't take anything for granted. That's an order so pay attention.  S!

Keep up the good fight @DOC! Thanks for the update  S! 

3 hours ago, DOC said:

Keep up the good fight and hope all goes well for you.

Hang in there Doc. We all love ya, even when we are fighting in the forums with ya lol. 

3 people like this

I need a time machine so I can go back and prevent any of this from even happening. ;) Here's the latest as of today. I will spare you the gory stuff but it's going to get ... nasty.

I thought there were those of you who deserved this in the same blunt open terms I took it. DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR ME IT IS FORBIDDEN. I had my final 3 hour briefing today before the health care professionals go all Manhatten Project on my arse. It begins on Thursday. Last night out Wednesday night but no getting drunky poo. I don't want to get into the gory details, and some of them gave me pause ... but I love irony so I'll say this. The cure will make me feel like I'm dying. It's actually going to kill parts of me. It's described as a "highly aggressive" treatment. The most aggressive they have, but in doing this my prospects for recovery are pretty good they tell me ... in the long term. First phase is a combined radiation and chemo therapy course 5 days a week for 3 months, then see how I handle it. Short term, there will be some challenges that, to be honest ... well it was deflating. However there is no avoiding it. Basically the way they make me better is microwaving away 25% of my health and well being and making parts of me uglier than I can contemplate (and I ain't no Brad Pitt to begin with) and some of it will never return to normal even after recovery; unless I am some kind of medical journal cover story freak. Which because I'm a big stubborn ox is what I'm shooting for. Anyway, I love you all but I'm going to be a bit of a hermit for a bit. It's just something I have to do. Don't take my absence to imagine anything bad. I'm going to be doing fine. Come at me bro. Take yer best shot.