• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

167 posts in this topic

gl doc

anytime ya ready to play music, eat and drink, can make way here in palm springs

if i wasn't playing wwii online, i'd be playing music :)

On 7/20/2019 at 2:46 AM, delems said:

gl doc

anytime ya ready to play music, eat and drink, can make way here in palm springs

if i wasn't playing wwii online, i'd be playing music :)

Not sure when I can make it up to Palm Springs from down here in Texas ... but the possibility got a huge boost yesterday. :D

So as you've come to expect, I'll be brief. Wait ... did I just say that ? I must be delirious. Well to tell the truth, after I finished crying, I probably have moved a little into the delirium territory. I went to my oncology review just this week, the big one ... post treatment and with all my tests and scans having been completed. 

ALL CLEAR

Best news ever eh !

It was an experience this year ... that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (well ok that's actually a good plan if I had any enemies) ... but now I can focus on getting the missing 80% of my health back. They almost killed me (in fact they cut the treatment short by one round because they didn't think I'd make it through) but I made it anyway. Thank you everyone for your help and support. You'll never know how much it means to me. I shall try to tell you but I will fail to convey how much it really meant. Most awesome community this side of the Milky Way.

S!

Edited by DOC
23 people like this

Great news Doc.. Rebuild that strength! 

1 person likes this

Knew you'd make it, Doc.  The Universe isn't done with you yet. 

!S

1 person likes this

Great news sir! Just don't let your guard down on it. Keep up with physician visits. 

Doc, this is some of the best news I’ve heard in awhile. Massive congrats and job well done. S! 

Buy this man a lap dance from mosizlak congrats

1 person likes this

I'm very glad to hear you are kicking cancer's [censored]!  Well done.  It couldn't have been an easy fight, and I'm glad you're winning.

S!

3 hours ago, Jsilec said:

Buy this man a lap dance from mosizlak congrats

I thought we wanted to encourage him to fight for life and health!

1 person likes this

That's bloody marvellous news!  I'm absolutely delighted for you.

BTW, I've downloaded your book and I'll give it a read in the coming days.

35 minutes ago, Memoi said:

That's bloody marvellous news!  I'm absolutely delighted for you.

BTW, I've downloaded your book and I'll give it a read in the coming days.

Awesome. Means heaps to me. If you like it, leave a review (they are hard to get) and if you don't ... well sorry :)

I'm trying to get book 3 done ... to finish the trilogy ... been kind of distracted LOL.

14 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Knew you'd make it, Doc.  The Universe isn't done with you yet. 

!S

I want to quote moz, DOC. YOU NEED TO KNOW, even your critics never held thier game vision personally against you. In the end this community, regardless respect you as you as a person. This game is not just a conglomeration of people but a community. Time, your willingness to be apart of this community at least to us vets, recognize you and the time you spent with us. We got to know a portion of you. Yah it's internetz, but when you spend... literally years chatting, bridges are formed. It is extraordinary and imho exclusive to our community. I prayed for you, and rejoice in this good news.  Stay around, get in game join AEF and help us kick Axis butt! When you are up to it.

2 people like this