Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

Kyotee

Doc, keep up the fight.  Never give up.

It is really hard to put into words what a battle with Cancer is like.  It is a 24/7 shadow hanging over your life.     S!

• Like 2

Tatonka

been 15 years since my 2 years to live verdict .  Eat right and no stress will do ya good :)  S! 

• Like 1

hardcase

Colon cancer was my best diet.  Hang bro, hang.

Hard

Memoi

It’s really good to know that you’re still free of cancer and that the recovery continues. I hope that we have many, many more of these updates. 

kareca

Go go DOC!!!!

tater

@DOCwithout getting too personal, if your financial state is such that Medicaid is an option, they actually pay for dental. A friend of mine is a prosthedontist, though he only does dentures, and the current meth crisis here has resulted in him treating many younger people on medicaid who lost all their teeth to that, which is how I know they actually pay for dental. A quick google also found this:

https://dentallifeline.org/the-need/

They have a state programs link, maybe there is something near you.

Keep up the good fight!

hardcase
Posted (edited)

Doc is an Aussie.

Hard

Edited by hrdcse

DOC
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tater said:

@DOCwithout getting too personal, if your financial state is such that Medicaid is an option, they actually pay for dental. A friend of mine is a prosthedontist, though he only does dentures, and the current meth crisis here has resulted in him treating many younger people on medicaid who lost all their teeth to that, which is how I know they actually pay for dental. A quick google also found this:

https://dentallifeline.org/the-need/

They have a state programs link, maybe there is something near you.

Keep up the good fight!

Thanks !

Ummmm .... I am without insurance and could never afford ANY program as things stand right now. I know I'm breaking the law but there is nothing within my current power that can change this. I am going to have to change this because for sure the authorities will catch up with me. I'm not that hard to find. ;)

It's one of those things that the sheer magnitude of the negative past experience keeps me from dealing with it because I don't have the means to suffer the consequences. My experience over the past year (when I was in dire need) as far as the health insurance thing goes (and getting any assistance of any kind from anybody in the business of assistance related programs, county, , hosp. scheme, whatever...) ... just prevents me from drawing any attention to myself (with over a year of "lawbreaking" lack of insurance) with the attempt to seek a solution that will almost certainly be denied, but at the cost of more vigilant interest in how I survived this long without a job and lot's of expenses.

It's a great way to start thinking like an outlaw. :rolleyes:

Come to think of it ... don't most outlaws come into being because of dire financial cirbodilyfluidstances ? At least, the old school variety ? :popcorn:

Edited by DOC

tater
3 minutes ago, DOC said:

It's a great way to start thinking like an outlaw. :rolleyes:

There might be outfits that just run clinics without paperwork. What State are you in? (I can ask my friend if he knows people all over)

DOC

I live in Fort Worth.

I don't believe there is any help I can get for dental, best option after a LOT of research is Mexico. Still out of reach but closer to being reality for me than the rest of the fantasy that it is in the USA.

• Like 1

Kilemall
1 hour ago, DOC said:

I live in Fort Worth.

I don't believe there is any help I can get for dental, best option after a LOT of research is Mexico. Still out of reach but closer to being reality for me than the rest of the fantasy that it is in the USA.

TAMU Dental College in Dallas, formerly Baylor, does a lot of work for cheap, if you don't mind students doing it. 

https://dentistry.tamhsc.edu/patients/index.html

Just a homeless teeth extraction clinic in Fort Worth, but some options in Arlington-

https://www.freedental.org/ci/tx-arlington

DOC

Getting teeth out is not an issue. Cancer (laser) treatment over 5 months destroyed them. It's getting replacements that is impossible. Nobody will do it cheap and insurance pays 0% (if you have insurance) so no, after a LOT of research there is yet to be an option found I can pursue. We're not talking 1 or 2 problem teeth here. It's all of them.

Tatonka

the radiation destroyed all my teeth , had them all pulled . and got dentures for 1500.00 . 

gavalink
1 hour ago, tatonka said:

the radiation destroyed all my teeth , had them all pulled . and got dentures for 1500.00 . 

1500!? is that in US dollars? One crown cost me $1470.

DOC

Dentures is the only viable solution under the present situation I am in. Now, if I could find $1500 after the survival side of my weekly agenda is done, I'd do it. I know where to get it done, that's not an issue.

• Like 1

Tatonka
8 hours ago, gavalink said:

1500!? is that in US dollars? One crown cost me $1470.

yes got them about 10 years ago

genobrst

S! DOC  I glad I met you in Dallas convention  Deaf Genobrst woke up early in hotel and saw xoom sleeping .. and decided walk around hotel looking for soda machine found it and bought pepsi  then walk back to room I saw doc was smoking and chatted with his friend outside and being drunk   good times   be strong  and fight!!  we love you!! S!