Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

XOOM

Help "Doc" fight lymphoma

Silky

Sorry to hear this Doc. Chin up, we're all behind you S!

DOC

We're hitting 9g, and the ground is looming large in the windshield ... but I swear I'll pull this thing up if I hafta rip the wings off and bail out in the recovery. Which is a little low but maybe I'll land in a snowbank.

• Like 6

DOC

First of probably a number of procedures yesterday went very well. So we pulled out of the dive. The wings held. Hope it doesn't stall.

• Like 10

sorella

Use everything  you've got Doc - you gotta lot of wingmen pulling for you S! 

Image result for spitfire flying gif

• Like 1

DOC

Ok gang. Today was beyond belief. After 3 months of fighting this thing without medical intervention (because the chemo/radiation nearly killed me and they didn't dare continue it) ... today the results of my requested "last scan" were given to me. Mind you I have been fighting it on my own using some fairly contentious (to established medicine) routines. When I was last scanned (after treatment was suspended because it was killing me) I had a 1.5 cm tumor. This is down from the 8 cm it was when I was first diagnosed a year ago (stage 4) but to be honest their expectations were not super positive. The last scan I insisted on was done a week ago to assess what had occurred in my 4 months outside of treatment since they suspended the program because it might kill me.

0% cancer present in scan. Nada. Nothing. My surgeon and oncologist were both quite candid in stating that they could not explain it, but today I am cancer free. It's all gone. You can find me later if I'm still sober, over on cloud 9. There is no way in hell, heaven or any other place you could care to name, that I can fully explain how I feel right now. It's been a ride.

God bless you all for helping me when I couldn't help myself.

PS: today marks the anniversary (12 months) since I was first diagnosed. Fitting eh !

Edited by DOC
  • Like 12

dfire
4 minutes ago, DOC said:

Ok gang. Today was beyond belief. After 3 months of fighting this thing without medical intervention (because the chemo/radiation nearly killed me and they didn't dare continue it) ... today the results of my requested "last scan" were given to me. Mind you I have been fighting it on my own using some fairly contentious (to established medicine) routines. When I was last scanned (after treatment was suspended because it was killing me) I had a 1.5 cm tumor. This is down from the 8 cm it was when I was first diagnosed a year ago (stage 4) but to be honest their expectations were not super positive. The last scan I insisted on was done a week ago to assess what had occurred in my 4 months outside of treatment since they suspended the program because it might kill me.

0% cancer present in scan. Nada. Nothing. My surgeon and oncologist were both quite candid in stating that they could not explain it, but today I am cancer free. It's all gone. You can find me later if I'm still sober, over on cloud 9. There is no way in hell, heaven or any other place you could care to name, that I can fully explain how I feel right now. It's been a ride.

God bless you all for helping me when I couldn't help myself.

ultimate WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!! Congrats! 

Edited by dfire

aef

Fantastic news doc happy holidays to you !

jwilly
2 hours ago, DOC said:

Good news. 

S!

dustyhc

Wonderful, wonderful news Doc. So very happy for your and all your family.

dropbear

Awesome  news @DOC...and way to go in reminding the doctors that they CAN'T  explain everything.  Time to invest in lotto );

DOC

I'm copying a piece here that I wrote to another person whose brother is suffering a stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I hope it helps anyone who might find it helpful.

Quote:

Let me say this : the best of luck to your brother Dave … and that your mindset is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL in beating this [censored]. You have to be so stubbornly married to a positive outcome … like actually the conviction of that outcome not just saying it to yourself but living as if it’s already true … that it’s almost like adopting a state of delusional denial. You’re not denying you have it but you are denying that you won’t kill it. You’re going to kill it with will power because in your mind, you already have. If that makes any sense.

When my chemo/radiation was suspended because the team thought it was going to kill me at the end there, the rest of the team were adamant that the only way to rid myself of the remaining tumors subsequently was to have them surgically removed. It was going to be a risky surgery. 100% certainty that this would have to be done no matter what I wanted to believe.

I said not yet. Schedule a new series of scans (which would take 2 months due to workload) and we’ll see what it looks like at that point, which would be 4 months post treatment by the time it rolled around. Then depending what we find, I’ll decide if I get surgery or not. Further chemo/radiation was out of the question.

I had already undertaken a dietary and meditation resonant frequency plan of action I devised from my research into such things health/cancer related … and ramped it up and stuck to it like glue for that entire period. I’d actually begun this while still in treatment but afterwards, with the threat of the grand surgery … and no “conventional” treatment available; I got super serious.

All this time I was doing my utmost to live as if I’d already beaten it. In my mind, delusional or not, I was already fully healed. (of course in reality I was not but that’s the point) … what I mean is when the scans came around I would be fully healed by then. In the meantime, act like I was. Stay with the “alternative” approach but believe in the fact that I had it beaten already. Not tell myself, that’s just words … but living it.

Yeah, I get that this appears delusional to many. I however believe if you want something to change in your life, if it’s really important … you have to live like it already has changed in order to make room for that change to exist. You create that change in part by being it.

Today my medical team called me the “exception” and encouraged me to continue doing whatever the hell I’d been doing … to keep being that “exception” … because in their exact words what had happened was not normal … was completely unexpected … and that my blood and organs were reflecting a state of recovery that they said they would be very optimistic to expect even as far out as 1 and a half to 2 more years from now. If at all. “Normally” … they said ...  “what you have done just doesn’t happen. We can’t explain it. You’re extraordinarily lucky.” Hell in my bone tests just last week the exposed bone (jaw) not only behaved much more like healthy bone than irradiated bone (which in medical terms NEVER RECOVERS, EVER … their words not mine) but this was after the highest chemo/radiation dose program they have ever given anyone, again … they told me this. All because I was already stage 4 before the cancer was even discovered.

So good luck to your brother. Make it happen Dave. It’s not impossible. [censored] difficult, but not impossible. Today marks the one year anniversary of this madness and it's been a long year.

• Like 5

GrAnit

Just curious, Doc, what self determined treatment did you do that appearently worked?

DOC

Diet for starters. I eliminated as much sugar as possible from my diet. Complete elimination of introduced sugars is impossible in today's developed world food supply unless you grow your own food and process it yourself. So I just eliminated as much as I could. Cancer cells starve to death if they cannot access introduced sugar that you consume. It's a big part of the increase in cancer as well as diabetes in the current situation we find ourselves. Too much introduced sugar.

I consumed a lot of micro-nutrient "super food" things that you come across in health food stores ... things that assist in anti-inflammatory strength and immune system response. At a cellular level today I'm probably healthier than I have ever been in my life, and the combination of radiation 5 days a week for nearly 4 months straight, with 8 hour chemo infusion every 10 days during that 14 week period was nothing if not destroying my cellular integrity.

The second weapon was ... as hokey as it sounds ... the power of positive thinking; however this was harnessed through meditation while undergoing resonant frequency "bombardment". I have seen a demonstration of cancer cells destroyed through resonant frequency bombardment where adjacent non cancer cells were unharmed. So I followed a research trail that led me to employ a resonant frequency program on my computer that I meditated to on a daily basis, and also used as a sleep therapy approach as well. The power of our subconscious minds is amazing.

Finally, I guess I just lived as if the thing had already happened. A bit delusional I understand for many folks, but it's important to believe what you want to be to such a degree than it's no longer a wish, or just positive sounding spiel that you tell yourself ... but that it becomes your reality. That is probably the definition of delusional in a some respect, but it's part of how you make what isn't, what is. I know that sounds silly, but it's not. every cancer survivor I have listened to, read about, or encountered shares this same positive "will it to be so" mindset. It's not a coincidence.

In closing I must add, I am extraordinarily lucky to be here writing this down. Whether it be god or the universe (for me god IS the universe) I shall always remain thankful and will never claim that I performed this magic. I might have helped channel it but it wasn't me that held the gift.

Edited by DOC
  • Like 5

jwilly

So in part a sweet accomplishment, eh?

• Like 1

MikeAZ

wonderful news!!!

PITTPETE

Great News!!!!

sorella

go DOC. bless  you and all who channeled in your universe. 

DOC

You guys were a big part of this make no mistake ....

• Like 2

gridiron

Kinda was God Doc...I saw when my father was on his death bed and I prayed and prayed for him and one day I brought a little portrait with a prayer on it and put it above his bed at the hospital and his heart went into rhythm after months of being out after heart surgery so something is there we can't see or explain.

• Like 2

DOC

Yeah I agree that there's a huge something else that did this.

• Like 1

kr0nik

Great news Doc

Memoi

That’s bloody marvellous news!  Have a very merry Christmas.

DOC
Posted (edited)

Ok gang. The 1 year anniversary of the start of the dark journey has just passed recently ... thought I'd drop you all a line about progress.

I'm still cancer free as far as I know, reviews are every 3 months and I have one coming up soon. I'm in reasonable shape physically and 55 pounds lighter than I started out at, my weight has stabilized at 170 pounds. That's a BMI of 23 or so and considered healthy. Bloodwork and physical assessments show a somewhat extraordinary recovery given we just hit the 6 months mark. There are some consequences still to be dealt with, but the financial aspect of this prevents any action at present. I'm working on this but it's going to take awhile. 

The treatment destroyed my teeth and this is probably the biggest hurdle after the simple day to day existence stuff, the dental options this demands are just an impossible money hurdle right now. It's tough to admit your failings or faults but there's also no point hiding from them either. My spirits are generally pretty high but almost dying and then surviving will tend to have a positive effect on your outlook, despite some rather daunting walls to climb staring you in the face daily. If nothing else one is forced to be creative and that keeps your brain healthy. ;)

Currently, most of my time is spent just making it from 1 week to the next ... I just scored a bunch of 2nd hand clothes from a good friend, that actually fit me as all my previous wardrobe is WAY too large for me now. For a time there I looked a bit of a clown in my XL clothes with an M body to drape them over. Just last night I drilled new holes in all my belts and did some trimming so that they are 3 or 4 inches shorter than they were. Pretty small potatoes I know but it struck me that this has a humorous side to it. I always loved comedy and cancer will sharpen your sense of satire that's for sure.

I'm planning what I'll do to earn an income now, something I haven't had in over a year. There's no money of course to invest in this side of things so that forces the creativity thing into action once again. It's not getting me down too much I just have to laugh at myself more. Like I'm doing right now. :D

The love and support you guys gave me really saved my life (that's not an exaggeration) and you should all be proud. I know I'm proud of you, and no thanks will ever be enough. S!

Many many many kudos to Xoom who started the whole support thing ... he's a special kind of person and we need more people like that in this world.

Edited by DOC
  • Like 7

Kidd27

DOC

Its good to know you are still with us. Youve been a pillar for this game and community.

I wish nothing but continued good heath and happiness.

<S>

Kidd27

sorella

DOC S! thanks for the entertaining update -  your story and the way you tell it gives everyone hope. 

Consider for the job front; establish an online psycho-therapy and weight-loss advisory service for addicted WWIIOL players. Subscription model of course.