Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atgman

FMS concpt neet to change

26 posts in this topic

Atm  FTP, but a wet sine 2011.

Was thinking, lets try out this Opel free truck.

I tried to set a couple FMS with less than 50% success rate.

Got killed by Ei and Et/ATG.

I did not think this would happen, but I agree with mj noobs broken record impression, the FMS need to go/change.

At the current pop level the FMS concept is flawed, not enough manpower to create a zone of control. And even with a zone of control it could still easily be blown by a singe player.

This is not providing content for the paying player, let alone for a FTP. 

Okay, what do you propose that does not involve autowin for either the defender or the attacker?

1 person likes this

We are evaluating how to get to the action quickly, several years ago, you had to all load up on said truck and drive to town. 

2 people like this

Here is some thoughts.

1. Put the bushes on it like the ATG bunker has and put  2-3 in front of the solid wall too.
  2. Cut the build time by 25%.
  3. Make the bunker 25% smaller with no door opening. Just an open end.
  4. Make the door opening instead of dead center of the wall, move it to one side. IE: Brit, French, USA to the right and Axis to the left. or other way around.
  5. Make it not as tall. Decrease height by 20% or more. You have to duck to get into it.
  6. Paint the back wall on the outside, forest cammo, And front door area.
  7. Ammo box on inside for resupply, for  decoration.
  8. Put a radio on the inside, for decoration. Maybe assign some purpose to it. Cant think of anything at the moment. Maybe some audio from it now and then. Low cause in hot zone..
  9. Maybe serve a hot meal. lol

ran out of ideas

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, imded said:

Here is some thoughts.

1. Put the bushes on it like the ATG bunker has and put  2-3 in front of the solid wall too.
  2. Cut the build time by 25%.
  3. Make the bunker 25% smaller with no door opening. Just an open end.
  4. Make the door opening instead of dead center of the wall, move it to one side. IE: Brit, French, USA to the right and Axis to the left. or other way around.
  5. Make it not as tall. Decrease height by 20% or more. You have to duck to get into it.
  6. Paint the back wall on the outside, forest cammo, And front door area.
  7. Ammo box on inside for resupply, for  decoration.
  8. Put a radio on the inside, for decoration. Maybe assign some purpose to it. Cant think of anything at the moment. Maybe some audio from it now and then. Low cause in hot zone..
  9. Maybe serve a hot meal. lol

ran out of ideas

Good ideas although most would require resources which are not directly available at the moment.

We did change build time down to 60 seconds which is very quick. 

Remove flag from exterior, place it inside ... so inf has to go inside and investigate it to see if it is ppo or fms. Make the ppo that inf can build visually look near identical to an fms.

1 person likes this

why not experiment in the beta server

can try all sorts of things there like instant spawns, indestructible spawns, or make them even harder to build. with no consequences to the main game

if it gets those "50 vs 50, for hours battles" then regardless of what the rats or players think, it's good for the game.

Bring back the infantry placed box fru and limit it to attacking side of town with a limited infantry only spawn list.  It would be nice if you could set one after spawning at an FMS but that would mean multiple spawn points for a single mission and that would take a lot more coding I'm sure.

5 hours ago, tribard said:

Bring back the infantry placed box fru and limit it to attacking side of town with a limited infantry only spawn list.  It would be nice if you could set one after spawning at an FMS but that would mean multiple spawn points for a single mission and that would take a lot more coding I'm sure.

We are looking into a HC officer class which would be able to build an FMS that only spawns limited infantry. Most likely just rifles. 

This would be a way to set a zoc for the truck places fms. (We have some other things coming in the pipe to help with trucks as well) 

Again its not just as easy as saying hey do this. But we are working very hard to increase ways to the battle. Which is one reason we allowed f2p to have trucks again 

4 people like this

SO ...like a forward recon squad setting up a secure FMS location? If the rifles had to STAY in the area and not go off capping etc I think its a great idea. If they can do what they like it will just be abused by both sides. They can of course respawn at the fms I suspect.

15 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

We are looking into a HC officer class which would be able to build an FMS that only spawns limited infantry. Most likely just rifles. 

This would be a way to set a zoc for the truck places fms. (We have some other things coming in the pipe to help with trucks as well) 

Again its not just as easy as saying hey do this. But we are working very hard to increase ways to the battle. Which is one reason we allowed f2p to have trucks 

I say no thank you, reasons I have explained in Zeebees thread . 

The M10 and Stug player will hate this FMS feature, we rely heavily on our commanders for SA , now take a town with a blown Bridge and as one of these Tank operators we feel somewhat safe cause we know no Truck made it over that bridge that we can actually set up and ambush incoming Tanks.

Now you get the super stealth Ninja HC officer that sets a FMS and all if a sudden you got Rifle infantry all over the place.

Let trucks set 2 FMS , let Engineers build fake FMS flags inside the FMS to make it harder to ID , cut build time down to 45 seconds maybe even 30 , a minute can be a long time especially when a EI already caught audio of you.  

Before you come to a stop and try to set the EI is usually on your butt or close enough that he can shoot you . 

Well for one I do like the F2P use of the truck to setup FMS. I have been doing lots of them since it was introduced also to do FB busting mission with or without setting up a FMS. I do agree that the FMS stands out like a sore thumb and is easy to spot. Needs to be smaller for sure with more camo to blend in.

Make  the FMS more like a Forward base where you can spawn and smoke your way out without being spawn camped..  Right now anyone can sit and camp it for days till the enemy pulls it.  It needs to be more defensible.  THE PPOS help but are hardly used,  Sandbag wall 6 feet high would be good too. The 4 foot wall is good but should be able to double it.

Bushes as a PPO too!

1 person likes this

I feel that no matter what is built it will be camped.........even if it a hole in the ground.  The moment you see infantry pouring out from a lump it pretty obvious where it is.  Spys?....... Well that happens too so even a well placed and "hidden" FMS gets camped.  As of now the only way to prevent it is to protect it.

Im all for ideas but it just seems to err is human but to camp is devine.

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

I say no thank you, reasons I have explained in Zeebees thread . 

The M10 and Stug player will hate this FMS feature, we rely heavily on our commanders for SA , now take a town with a blown Bridge and as one of these Tank operators we feel somewhat safe cause we know no Truck made it over that bridge that we can actually set up and ambush incoming Tanks.

Now you get the super stealth Ninja HC officer that sets a FMS and all if a sudden you got Rifle infantry all over the place.

Let trucks set 2 FMS , let Engineers build fake FMS flags inside the FMS to make it harder to ID , cut build time down to 45 seconds maybe even 30 , a minute can be a long time especially when a EI already caught audio of you.  

Before you come to a stop and try to set the EI is usually on your butt or close enough that he can shoot you . 

One of the ways we are looking to address this concern will be limited supply on this particular FMS (think of the CP vs AB supply)

1 person likes this

Plz don't go back to the infantry placed FMS of any type..

The truck FMS saved the game for gunners and tankers also made ZOC tactics possible.

If you want to get 10 or 15 troops to flank or get behind the enemy you need to work for it.

Not just auto-walk a NCO whilst you chat on side, make coffee/tea then poof instant spy nest, no gunner or commander will be safe and we are back to square zero...

Try n get your truck out of town early or drive from a linked town and set DFMS like we used to do..

FMS does not need to be 600m out of town, who really thinks no-one sees or hears you, unless you are early... Get a cap and move the FMS up....

The trucks have issues but they will get sorted..

Any town with def out 1k+ is going to be hard as it should be, timing and set up is everything.. Set FMSs out of town on a good terrain feature bring guns and armour set a ZOC and fight your way in if your really want the town or move on and set up better..

Trying to get instant action here is counterintuitive to everything this game is about.

I get it, you have 15-20 min to log in between getting home from work and going to pick up the kids.. You want to play.. If you get lucky and log at the right moment there is something to do. If not you repair some AI, watch a FB for a few, drive an Opel in etc.. Not super exciting but helpful...

Our pop is slowly expanding, many of these annoyances will be resolved with a little more growth, in this particular case we need to plan for what we want in the near future not necessarily what we have right now..

IMO time, energy and money spent on infantry placed FMS is wasted and very counter productive.....

Cheers Monty

2 people like this

On 12/12/2018 at 8:17 PM, BLKHWK8 said:

Again its not just as easy as saying hey do this. But we are working very hard to increase ways to the battle. Which is one reason we allowed f2p to have trucks again 

do anything to bring back huge fights for hours, please.

17 hours ago, montyuno said:

Plz don't go back to the infantry placed FMS of any type..

The truck FMS saved the game for gunners and tankers also made ZOC tactics possible.

If you want to get 10 or 15 troops to flank or get behind the enemy you need to work for it.

Not just auto-walk a NCO whilst you chat on side, make coffee/tea then poof instant spy nest, no gunner or commander will be safe and we are back to square zero...

Try n get your truck out of town early or drive from a linked town and set DFMS like we used to do..

FMS does not need to be 600m out of town, who really thinks no-one sees or hears you, unless you are early... Get a cap and move the FMS up....

The trucks have issues but they will get sorted..

Any town with def out 1k+ is going to be hard as it should be, timing and set up is everything.. Set FMSs out of town on a good terrain feature bring guns and armour set a ZOC and fight your way in if your really want the town or move on and set up better..

Trying to get instant action here is counterintuitive to everything this game is about.

I get it, you have 15-20 min to log in between getting home from work and going to pick up the kids.. You want to play.. If you get lucky and log at the right moment there is something to do. If not you repair some AI, watch a FB for a few, drive an Opel in etc.. Not super exciting but helpful...

Our pop is slowly expanding, many of these annoyances will be resolved with a little more growth, in this particular case we need to plan for what we want in the near future not necessarily what we have right now..

IMO time, energy and money spent on infantry placed FMS is wasted and very counter productive.....

Cheers Monty

Well said Monty, well said .

S!

11 hours ago, major0noob said:

do anything to bring back huge fights for hours, please.

At  what cost? Don't get me wrong huge fights are fun , but the last FRU killed almost the tanking game, sure Blkhwk is talking Rifle units only , but him as a ATGunner,  I wonder how often he will try to get out of town just to get killed by some lone rifle guy that came out of the HC placed FRU.

What needs to improve is the FMS itself ( maybe Inf FMS and a separate ATG/AAA FMS ) so 2 FMS set by the same Truck but each has a specific role.

The expansion of the PPOs,  add to the options of buildable PPOs, and maybe have Engineers be able to set clusters of Sandbag walls and antitank barricades instead of the 1 and then you need to wait till you can build another.

A HC build Ninja FRU with Rifle only popping up behind the lines will only disgruntle the AAA and ATG players.

11 hours ago, major0noob said:

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Well said Monty, well said .

S!

At  what cost? Don't get me wrong huge fights are fun , but the last FRU killed almost the tanking game, sure Blkhwk is talking Rifle units only , but him as a ATGunner,  I wonder how often he will try to get out of town just to get killed by some lone rifle guy that came out of the HC placed FRU.

What needs to improve is the FMS itself ( maybe Inf FMS and a separate ATG/AAA FMS ) so 2 FMS set by the same Truck but each has a specific role.

The expansion of the PPOs,  add to the options of buildable PPOs, and maybe have Engineers be able to set clusters of Sandbag walls and antitank barricades instead of the 1 and then you need to wait till you can build another.

A HC build Ninja FRU with Rifle only popping up behind the lines will only disgruntle the AAA and ATG players.

naw it did kill the tanking game, as well as the ATG game.

i was a dedicated tanker, one of the few left that could use out of tier stuff on par with modern stuff. i'm a filthy [my mom] for supporting the FRU, but what's the point of the game as a whole if battles don't last, or grow

there's already ninja-ing going on in the defenders corner, it's always the attackers fault though. there are dozens of excuses for a failed or lousy AO, but the defenders rambo killing trucks is excused

I'll argure monty's statement

18 hours ago, montyuno said:

nobody's talking about flanking, just getting a fight going.

the defenders don't need any skill, teamwork, or leadership to deny spawns. this isn't a case for flanking, but a lack of gameplay.

"working for it" should win or at least come close, not get a battle going. the regular state of the game should be a battle, currently we abandon AO's early and often due to a lack of spawns or spawns soo far the defenders recap in the walking time.

we're not putting in work and efforts to win, but just to play the game, to get it going beyond a skirmish 1km from town.

hell, there are softcaps with full flags in prime time... gotta draw a line somewhere, this should not exist. out lasting the other sides boredom is not winning.

Like I said , the FMS and it's concept needs to be refined and not go back to a already proven FRU that has cost this game dearly, no matter if all INF spawn from it or Rifle only.

Edited by dre21

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Like I said , the FMS and it's concept needs to be refined and not go back to a already proven FRU that has cost this game dearly, no matter if all INF spawn from it or Rifle only.

This is quite different as it will only be available to HC members (incentive to join) and limited to bolt action rifle man (which will be set to a small number to spawn) 

One thing to remember is the game is about working as a team together, so if you have concerns for your armor roll with a team and have them cover you. 

The other difference is Rifleman only have an HE satchel which won't kill the heavy tanks. If we had sappers or atgs spawning I would be hesitent as well. 

Your point about the bridges is valid but again the supply at which can set this are low which would make such a swim in a defended area very risky. 

1 person likes this

Said all along the FMS should be vulnerable only from the rear and should provide sniper slits to prevent inf camping 

if armour if camping your FMS, should’ve brought ATG company 

Truck-only FMS would be nice as a new tactical ZOC component. Using the FB vehicle Spawn model.

Something like 1km out of any enemy Facility, set by Truck.

From there you can start real regrouping, hotdrops tactics, and planned ZOC progression.

I speak as it being something separated from the existing FMS as no inf should Spawn from it. Eventually it could spawn at and AA as well, so that the FMS becomes inf-only and can have its model audited as a real rural fortification 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0