XOOM

Proposed LMG Fix

370 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

I hope the impression is not that we just blow things off.

the bigger issue is you guys refuse to see something as a problem, especially if it involved dev work

the FMS's 3min for 10 months, to 1min, then refusal to look at it further.

the spits...

the new ToE.

now, the complete removal of hip-fire. it's a problem, but instead of doing something with less controversy you guys stick to the original idea regardless of criticism.

37 minutes ago, major0noob said:

the bigger issue is you guys refuse to see something as a problem, especially if it involved dev work

the spits...

the new ToE.

now, the complete removal of hip-fire. it's a problem, but instead of doing something with less controversy you guys stick to the original idea regardless of criticism.

You were talking about it maybe for several months but that doesn't mean we decided to intentionally ignore it for that period of time. We were still collecting and analyzing data to make sure it's what we wanted. We made the changes accordingly.

What's wrong with the Spitfires?

The new Tables of Equipment modifications are pretty favorable according to the in-game survey's we're doing, feedback directly from the game interface for those who are logging in and experiencing it.

I will announce the LMG changes soon. I think it's conservative and fair, standby for more momentarily.

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

I don’t know. You tell me. 

4 hours ago, david06 said:

Yes it's not about being a twitch shooter and I game with plenty of others that are more than willing to spend several minutes setting a game or match up. I just logged on and there were just a few Luftwaffe pilots on in total. Didn't even spawn in I might as well just go join a BoS or DCS server as there are bigger air battles in less time. 

ifqdfr.jpg

This directly impacts the sub value. No point in paying a monthly sub to fly the better aircraft when the air war is inactive. It was a steep price back in I think 2010 when Doc raised it from $15 to $18 a month, but now? Very difficult to justify; maybe if there were Vliss/Knokke scrambles 24/7. I haven't even seen one of the notorious "conga lines" in years.

3 hours ago, XOOM said:

uug... this obliviousness is why i unsubbed

i still think there's 1 year left till you guys see AO's without spawns as a problem

4 hours ago, major0noob said:

now, the complete removal of hip-fire.

? Only place i am hearing that is from you, or are you asking to have this ?

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

uug... this obliviousness is why i unsubbed

i still think there's 1 year left till you guys see AO's without spawns as a problem

When someone asks a question with the intent to learn, and you shut it down as obliviousness, that is completely unproductive. My guys probably know what you're referring to, but I cannot keep up with every little detail around here. I try, but it's a lot from my vantage point.

5 hours ago, major0noob said:

the spits...

the new ToE.

Honestly noob, at times I wonder if you live in an alternate reality.

The FMS has been changed. You've beaten this dead horse down to the bone, and pulvarized the bones too. The Spitfire has been the same plan as it has since it was modeled. The new TOE has gotten a ton of developer feedback and player input, both ingame and in the forums. There have been several ratchats about it too. And removal of hip-fire? Nobody has every said anything like that.

11 hours ago, nc0gnet0 said:

The problem is it is being used in a role that is not consistent with WW2. Why? because the battle was not fought by "capping depots". Ignoring this is ignoring the elephant in the room. 

I see the point you’re trying to make about  building capture butvits kind of irrelevant. The problem with LMG isn’t the capture mechanic, it’s that in close quarters combat, players rush into a building and hose down opponents like they have a flamethrower or a Ghostbusters positron collider, sprinting round corners and upstairs hosing everything away. 

Whatever the capture mechanic, close quarters would be the problem 

what about:

LMG: you run with LMG ... you start shooting .. the player slows down and stops. done

SMG: you run with SMG ... you start shooting ... the player slows down to walking speed. done

for all kind of weapons you shouldnt be allowed to run while you reload the weapon. just walk or stop

for LMGs it should force you to prone down and not being able to move in the meantime

Edited by undercova
2 people like this

6 hours ago, undercova said:

what about:

LMG: you run with LMG ... you start shooting .. the player slows down and stops. done

SMG: you run with SMG ... you start shooting ... the player slows down to walking speed. done

for all kind of weapons you shouldnt be allowed to run while you reload the weapon. just walk or stop

for LMGs it should force you to prone down and not being able to move in the meantime

I hope that’s what they shoot for.

1.Disable firing while moving under ANY conditions:

Not based in reality (see posted videos)

2. Increase non-aimed (hip fire) dispersion:

Based on what allied complaints? Better to use historical dispersion. The current dispersion from hip-fire is not realistic, don’t make it even gamier.

3. Increase hip fire muzzle climb:

Again based on what? How about simulating actual muzzle climb (unlike the mp40)

4. Make reloading a stationary task (only):

Fine

5. Firing LMG will reduce stamina some (does recover):

Gamey- pulling a trigger is that exhausting?

What I don't understand is why there is a "compromise" unless its to make everything even i.e. red/blue. Will a "compromise" be forthcoming for tanks? Will Axis get a nearly indestructible tank to equal the Matty?

It all just seems to be an appeasement to the Allies constant complaining. It seems the old axiom "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" is very much in play here. Maybe the Axis needs to be more vocal with their complaints.

14 minutes ago, gavalink said:

1.Disable firing while moving under ANY conditions:

Not based in reality (see posted videos)

You keep circling back to this video that does nothing to disprove shooting while moving. You did watch the video with the audio turned up didn't you? I am speaking of the video that reads from the German field manuals. Did you conveniently miss the part where they outfit the gun with a sling that goes around their neck in order to help tame the beast?

1 hour ago, choad said:

You keep circling back to this video that does nothing to disprove shooting while moving. You did watch the video with the audio turned up didn't you? I am speaking of the video that reads from the German field manuals. Did you conveniently miss the part where they outfit the gun with a sling that goes around their neck in order to help tame the beast?

I was just addressing each point directly. You have a valid point about the sling. Maybe treat "slinging" like a reload?

5 hours ago, choad said:

If we don’t have slings modeled, we can thus realistically say that no moving should be allowed while firing.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:03 PM, zippy said:

Watch it from 1:19

Seems pretty in control to me. 

Also, dunno if this has been posted before or not since I just started digging stuff up. 

If you look at 0:32 in the first video, the soldier is holding the mg34 with the sling on; it could be interpreted that the mg34 was normally carried with the sling on.

16 hours ago, aismov said:

Honestly noob, at times I wonder if you live in an alternate reality.

The FMS has been changed. You've beaten this dead horse down to the bone, and pulvarized the bones too. The Spitfire has been the same plan as it has since it was modeled. The new TOE has gotten a ton of developer feedback and player input, both ingame and in the forums. There have been several ratchats about it too. And removal of hip-fire? Nobody has every said anything like that.

we do, i play for fun. your a reenactor

me: fun > historical accuracy > realism

you: realism|historical accuracy

you also like to brush off the most controversial aspects of the game. i take a critical view. you just brushed off the ToE, spits, LMG's, and FMS...

16 hours ago, XOOM said:

When someone asks a question with the intent to learn, and you shut it down as obliviousness, that is completely unproductive. My guys probably know what you're referring to, but I cannot keep up with every little detail around here. I try, but it's a lot from my vantage point.

the spit has a damage model that's far too forgiving of getting shot, multiple times, consistently. the VB is downright bugged in the rear (it's invincible)

my very first sortie in it: i took 15sec of LMG, at least 20 E-4 20mm, several 40mm, and at least 3 sec of AAA AI (non-mg) over 20mm. never flying it vs LW again, it's just bad sport.

shooting it from the ground: it has 3 damage states. hit once with 40mm white smoke. no drop in peformance. a second, thicker white smoke or orange, medium drop in performance he can still RTB (with a KIA stat). a third black smoke, he can't outfly 09's any more, but can still easily RTB (into a false KIA)

(admittedly my air sorties are low) flying aganst it: they can and do soak up cannon's, unlike the LW and FAF which will get results after a 20mm hit.

there's the V-B... the invincible tail "fixed" by some control damage instead of structural damage. it still gets the KIA stat, but it usually flies back to the AF to get it, like the rest of the spits.

Edited by major0noob