XOOM

Proposed LMG Fix

370 posts in this topic

This Isnt a proposal just a change to the axis lmg. Its to change all lmg's. lets not forget that.  

They all can do it.  

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, eagle said:

well ive heard enough ! one of axis best guns nerfed ! go ahead nerf the LMG ! and after 16yrs of playing I will unsub ! how much more u gonna nerf axis side so CRS allies can win ? omg allies have the grease gun which is way to uber and doesn't even belong in game 1939 tier ! then they have tommy and bren which they can also shoot from hip! its all BS to nerf our LMG ! of coarse the allied players want in nerfed ! its ok for them to clear a cp with there uber guns . but axis cant have a good gun . and loading a gun while moving was done in real time just took a real man to doit ! my opinion which prolly means nothin here , leave it alone after all these yrs nerfing axis stuff now u gonna nerf our LMG ! DOIT AND I WILL UN SUB AND TAKE A FEW WITH ME I PROMISE U THAT !  another thing is I never play allied side cause they are overpowered ! I play axis cause we are underdogs always ! we adapt have better tactics !I am American and would love to play the American side but to easy for me ! axis players are the real warriors in this game !! EAGLE

Underdogs ROFL.

Everyone just calm down. My God. They are trying to get constructive feedback (which they did get a lot of) ... but the blackmail seems a little excessive.

I will resub to offset the loss of xcas. :P

4 people like this

Regarding "CRS only nerfs the Axis and buffs the Allies"...CRS is working away on development of a full class of HEAT RGs. AFAIK, all will be available in T0.

The historical British HEAT RG was fielded in 1940. It was effective. The historical French HEAT RG was available in 1940 and just being fielded when the Armistice was signed. Extensive later use showed it to be effective.

The historical German HEAT RG...well, their first one (the one that's being modeled) was first fielded during the Crete invasion (T1), and didn't work worth a damn. The second German HEAT RG wasn't fielded until 1942. It was more reliable, but still had craptastic penetration. The Germans didn't have a HEAT RG with penetration comparable to the T0 British and French weapons until very late 1942...almost T3. Yet CRS AFAIK is going to buff that level of performance forward to T0.

And, the Germans have the Tiger, and the Allies have what could charitably be described as less-exciting tanks to oppose it.

And, the Panther is coming. The Allies will get more less-exciting tanks to oppose it.

The point being: history treats each of the combatant nations differently. Just look at one issue, and you may be upset that your side is being nerfed. So, look at the big picture instead.

2 people like this

35 minutes ago, eagle said:

well ive heard enough ! one of axis best guns nerfed ! go ahead nerf the LMG ! and after 16yrs of playing I will unsub ! how much more u gonna nerf axis side so CRS allies can win ? omg allies have the grease gun which is way to uber and doesn't even belong in game 1939 tier ! then they have tommy and bren which they can also shoot from hip! its all BS to nerf our LMG ! of coarse the allied players want in nerfed ! its ok for them to clear a cp with there uber guns . but axis cant have a good gun . and loading a gun while moving was done in real time just took a real man to doit ! my opinion which prolly means nothin here , leave it alone after all these yrs nerfing axis stuff now u gonna nerf our LMG ! DOIT AND I WILL UN SUB AND TAKE A FEW WITH ME I PROMISE U THAT !  another thing is I never play allied side cause they are overpowered ! I play axis cause we are underdogs always ! we adapt have better tactics !I am American and would love to play the American side but to easy for me ! axis players are the real warriors in this game !! EAGLE

Eagle - THe Grease gun was removed from TIer 0 this map, again in testing for 1.36 TOEs, second this change would effect the Bren as well. Third this is a discussion with the playerbase not saying this is what is going to happen. Fourth if you have not played both sides your argument of what is overpowered is irrelevant and conjecture. BOTH sides have equipment that needs fixing, plain and simple. 

Again this is about discussion on what can fix something that should not be happening. It happens on both sides. 

4 people like this

oh I get it now u removed grease gun which is only right ! now allies want something in return like messing with our LMG ! also I have played allied side as well , and I didn't like the ease of which everything worked ! that's when I realized I would play for the underdogs the real warriors in this game ! I would rule playing allied side! but choose not to !

48 minutes ago, eagle said:

Top #5 ridiculous post of the year. Wow.

5 people like this

Well, you're basically removing the axis only descent weapon.

No more Grenadier, terrible now; can't kill anything.

88 wrong for years, zoom promised it would strike fear again... years ago... nothing.

Fighters terrible. (ok, exception 109e4/b seems working good)

Bombers slow - terrible.

Panzers, paper armor.

Tank destroyers, no MG on Stug IIIG or StuH. (think Stug IIIB didn't have em generally - so that prolly correct) 

CS tanks - every allied CS tank a monster with a MG- and get like 5x the number of them, KD over 4 this map already?

ATG, allied tier 0 spawns from MS and kills EVERY tier axis panzer; what does the axis tier 0 ATG that spawns from a MS kill?

Armored cars, allied tier 0 AC kills EVERY tier panzer, how many tanks does the 232 kill?  Not to mention 5x quieter than 232.

MP34 terrible, are you kidding me?  Grease gun was fixed with emergency patch 2 years ago- nada on the mp34 this entire time.

Bolt rifles even, like to know the cycle rates, cause I hear brit and french and they sound way faster - what are the specs?

I won't mention the silent coasting trucks, ok, maybe I will.

Name one thing left?

Hmmm, LMG - now you going to change that, and on top of it, give allies more power by allowing them to shoulder theirs.

Oh, that's right, the 15  FG-42 we get in tier 3 will balance it all out....  and in my perspective, whoopdi do... navy don't get any.

Maybe before we fix the 1 "incorrect" axis weapon, we look at a few of the glaring discrepancies above?  How many years we see supersonic UFO allied bombers?  Unkillable spits? etc.

Edited by delems
4 people like this

1 hour ago, xcas said:

^^^^ well said^^^  doesnt change the fact  --- like i said watch and see----- my opinion and your allied opinion

Then be a leader, and make sure those who would be falsely inclined to see this as an anti-german 'nerf' are made aware of accurate facts.  Please be aware that I practice what I 'preach', and can be seen ingame most any day making sure that the Allies who are [censored]ing about how the game is tilted against them are not left unchallenged by facts, and that I mean no offense in asking you to step up and do your part to ensure this en masse unsub you predict does not occur.  

In the end, I need germans to shoot at in order to make this game fun for me, and you need Allied soldiers to shoot at in order to make it fun, for you.  Anything that gets in the way of providing more german/italians ingame, and/or more Allied soldiers ingame, hurts us all.  False hysteria regarding the fix of a problem we ALL know to be significant falls securely under that umbrella.

S!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, eagle said:

1 hour ago, xcas said:

^^^^ augetout^^^  case in point

That is ridiculous, Eagle.  Fixing a game flaw (please re-read what Xoom posted) on ALL LMGs is NOT 'nerfing' the german side.

The MG34 is, and should be, an awesome weapon----------even if used properly.  Nobody credible is arguing for a 'nerf' to your precious LMG.  I can appreciate your concerns, and greatly enjoy you believing the axis 'are underdogs always!'----I can point you in the direction of plenty of Allied players who believe the exact opposite, especially when tier 3 arrives (nothing seems to take the joy of getting to play as Americans out quicker than a Tiger appearing, lol).  Your espirit de corp is high, and that is great to see, (even from an Allied only player).

The fix will effect all LMGs, not just the mg34.  I realize that some Allied soldiers clear rooms with rambo-LMGs also----that will end if the flaw if fixed.

Your opinion means as much as mine does, Eagle.  Please know that.  My hope is that everyone can take a breath and see this PROPOSED fix for what it is:  Another effort by CRS to make the gameplay a bit better, and a bit more realistic, for ALL of us.

S!

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, delems said:

Well, you're basically removing the axis only descent weapon. LOL. No comments.

No more Grenadier, terrible now; can't kill anything.  It's a good antiinf weapon if you now how to use it. Yesterday someone cleared a CP with that crap, with Xo and me in so... With inf dm revisited will be even better.

88 wrong for years, zoom promised it would strike fear again... years ago... nothing. 88s are devastating if well used. Hard to, tho. Need a shield. Most of vets agree on this.

Fighters terrible. (ok, exception 109e4/b seems working good) - e1 and e4 are very capable planes if used properly. Need to fix cannons, tho. Some pilots master the 190s and allies don't have a clear counterpart for them.

Bombers slow - terrible. True.

Panzers, paper armor. Some of them (stugs are tough enough, not to mention tiger). 95% of brit tanks are paper, real paper, not pzs, until tier 2, excepting Mattys, which are severy low in numbers on purpose. French tanks perfectly destroyable.

Tank destroyers, no MG on Stug IIIG or StuH. (think Stug IIIB didn't have em generally - so that prolly correct). MG on stugs would do basically nothing, like M10 MG. One "plink" and done.

CS tanks - every allied CS tank a monster with a MG- and get like 5x the number of them, KD over 4 this map already? Monsters :-D

ATG, allied tier 0 spawns from MS and kills EVERY tier axis panzer; was does the axis tier 0 ATG that spawns from a MS kill? Baby Pak is more than capable. I kill all kind of tanks with it, except matty.

Armored cars, allied tier 0 AC kills EVERY tier panzer, how many tanks does the 232 kill?  Not to mention 5x quieter than 232. Your typical fake news about Panny killing tiger frontaly and bla bla bla. Go try it yourself and tell us. Plus, 232s and DAC/Panny are not comparable. Differente categories.

MP34 terrible, are you kidding me?  Grease gun was fixed with emergency patch 2 years ago- nada on the mp34 this entire time. I agree on this.

Bolt rifles even, like to know the cycle rates, cause I hear brit and french and they sound way faster - what are the specs? You hear?

I won't mention the silent coasting trucks, ok, maybe I will. Opel always been, and is, the best truck in all kind of terrain. No need to claim anything. Bedford is a POS and had a blackout bug for a decade and a half.

Name one thing left?

Hmmm, LMG - now you going to change that, and on top of it, give allies more power by allowing them to shoulder theirs. More power.... :-D

Oh, that's right, the 15  FG-42 we get in tier 3 will balance it all out....  and in my perspective, whoopdi do... navy don't get any. FG42, that's a monster for real.

*** That is ridiculous, Eagle.  Fixing a game flaw (please re-read what Xoom posted) on ALL LMGs is NOT 'nerfing' the german side.

Except only the allied MGs get to be shoulder fired now.  So the axis LMG gets weaker and allied stronger.

Edited by delems

3 minutes ago, delems said:

*** That is ridiculous, Eagle.  Fixing a game flaw (please re-read what Xoom posted) on ALL LMGs is NOT 'nerfing' the german side.

Except only the allied MGs get to be shoulder fired now.

Best as I know only the BAR will be shoulder fired, as it is now.

8 minutes ago, delems said:

Except only the allied MGs get to be shoulder fired now.  So the axis LMG gets weaker and allied stronger.

More fake news.

It's being said that it will effect the 3 proper LMGs ingame.

Edited by erasmo
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, spacecam said:

You lot make me laugh threatening to unsub because a silly gun is being altered, go ahead do it really helpful cheers. The way that gun operates has costs CRS many subs over the years it's the most complained about gun around...it's beyond comedy watching a guy run the 100 metres in 8 seconds up a flight of stairs and clearing a whole CP while firing from the hip...it's pathetic 

This is a great change and will generate more resubs than it costs 

Well done CRS this game is all about key gameplay balancing.

Then balance the Morris/Laffy as well vs. the Opel w regards to  coasting ability

Take the Stuka-like flight / dive-bomb characteristics away from the DB7/Havoc

Increase the dispersion of the Thompson Rail Gun to that of the MG34 as is now fired from hip and shoulder considering same ROF, lighter and .45 round

Increase the size of the Matty / Sherman / Churchill gun barrels hitboxes to that of the 4g/Tiger instead of the current "needle dlck" hitbox vs. trump tower sized one

Put an Antenna on top of the Dac & Panny obscuring view from commander pos every 60deg, esp using binocs, also make them LOUDER, like 232

...key gameplay balancing right there - all for it im sure, huh?

Fix?

There are loads of respected books and documents that give the specs of most all of these weapons, dispersion, range, effectiveness etc..

That should be the sole resource for any of the adjustments or in game performance of the weapons..

If it works the way it worked that will resolve most arguments..

All of the LMGs can be fired from the hip with varying results in RL. 

In some of the issued manuals there are instructions for doing so.

If the allied guns need the point of aim adjusted when not shouldered that should be done..

Full run and fire, not practical...

I 100% support correcting any gear for any side that is not working as it should..

The MG gunner for Lt. Beidermann a PAK commander on the E front, cleared a fortified position and trench supported by two rifle men while on the move, eliminating eleven or so enemy.. It was done there are similar documented accounts with the BAR, Bren and others...

From an in game view I have not seen too many CPs cleared of multi EI with the Axi LMG, I have seen five or often more Axi cleared by a single allied player everyday..

I don't see what the beef is..

It seems valuable effort being put where there is little issue, there are other pressing matters that perhaps the limited resources should be devoted..

Get ROF, dispersion, accuracy etc as per historical and go from there..

Cheers Monty..

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, eagle said:

You have not paid in a year , so how are you going to unsub?

7 people like this

3 hours ago, minky said:

Perhaps if you also decided to look at the craptastic dispersion on the MP40 and MP 34 in conjunction with this fix there would be a certain subset of players that would be more amenable to the solution.

We really Seriously need to stop this myth nonsense.
"Ours cant hit a truck at 7 feet, theirs can headshot you at 200m, his does this but mine does that, his is a laser at 600m, mine is a shot gun""
Except no one will actually take the time to go look and find out that hmm, it isn't actually that way, like the other wonderful myth perpetuating in game among allies that the axis MG34 can deploy while the guy is standing and moving.

Merlin...the axis LMG can deploy on thin air...I have seen it and have evidence I have been even shown by a 250 member how to do it... So please 

3 hours ago, jwilly said:

I don't know of any historical basis for there being a significant difference between the various nations' SMG dispersion or lethality.

Over the years it's been suggested a number of times that dispersion was utilized by the designers as a game balancing mechanism. There doesn't seem to be another explanation for some of the intra-weapon-class dispersion differences.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for a commitment, as resources allow, to move away from dispersion differences within a given weapon class except with a physics basis.

Actually there is a difference. .45 cal smgs tend to have a real issue with muzzle rise. Even to this day most smgs are chambered in 9mm. Even modern smgs chambered in .45  cal like the Kriss Vector get knocks against them for muzzle rise based more on the cartridge than anything. 

Edited by minky