XOOM

Proposed LMG Fix

370 posts in this topic

^^^^ sorry bud but this only proves to me that they dont use it as much and the K/D REFLECTS  only a .74 difference, so it shows there not much of a difference, 24,000 more deaths over 17 yrs, i say isnt to bad, what you want  zero axis deaths and zero allied? that would be IMPOSSIBLE, you will never achieve that

5 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

yes, the MAS38 has a not good animation
it needs fixing because it is not in harmony with the actual physics
You have to consult with Yoda when shooting, it is the sticky dot in center of screen poster child.

Infantry animations are difficult, so will take some doing to correct, Granny seems to be its own special art form.

While i can not claim that any given weapon is doing its best base scenario (keep in mind we dont bench shoot in game, we are in combat) small arms audit
will judge that, None of them are so baddly borked in their ballistics physics to be so totally unplausible to use. (ok maybe the webbley, but i think it was fixed?)
Even the MAS38, whose animation is of out of step with its reality, more so than possibly any infantry weapon in game, still has it's physics in the right ballpark.

But here is the MP40 as that is what you asked for, standing and prone

And since paper is boring, and paper never comes running toward you to kill you

Standing, crouching and prone, and running around like a nutter

Where is the un-usable part other than a jogging attack proves to be terribly ineffective.

Again, not saying that any of them are or are not hitting their optimal best shot grouping,
but where in this is the MP40 showing to be laughably hysterically ineffective?

MP40 running around like a retard (I make no claims about my ability to actually aim and hit anything)

Feel free to show me what i am missing, the horribly hysterical unusable part

There are aimed shots in there with the sights right on the target yet you miss the trooper all together.  Yet you are extremely close up.  How about we go to actual ballistics if want to run with the realism flag.  What's going on now is a forced dispersion to keep smgs less accurate that rifles for game purposes.

10 hours ago, erasmo said:

Fighters terrible. (ok, exception 109e4/b seems working good) - e1 and e4 are very capable planes if used properly. Need to fix cannons, tho. Some pilots master the 190s and allies don't have a clear counterpart for them.

The P38 is the counter to the 190.  It's the Axis who have no counterpart to the Allied turn fighters outside of tier 1.  Do the game mechanics of fighting right above towns it's an absolute game breaker for the air game.  LW squads are for the most part dead.  Although this has nothing to do with LMGs.

1 hour ago, xcas said:

^^^^ sorry bud but this only proves to me that they dont use it as much and the K/D REFLECTS  only a .74 difference, so it shows there not much of a difference, 24,000 more deaths over 17 yrs, i say isnt to bad, what you want  zero axis deaths and zero allied? that would be IMPOSSIBLE, you will never achieve that

Again. They are proposing a change that would touch both axis and allied lmg's uniformly. So .... being that the Axis LMG is a superior weapon to the allied one by the numbers (as is historically accurate), the things that make the LMG superior are not going to be tinkered with. What makes the weapon superior is not how you can use it. It's not like the axis built a LMG that was so light and who's recoil was so negligible compared to it's counterparts. That wasn't why it was a great gun.

1 hour ago, xcas said:

Lol try closer to 2 million more kills ....it’s a crutch , admit it .

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

no... it has a 1m spread

So you are saying you can not do anything with it and stand nearly no chance of killing anything with it
even though i am running around even, hitting infantry targets with it, while moving even?
You are saying that the gun is  ineffective? :( 

You are not going to get bench fired shot groupings in the game, especially when i am simply standing and firing

19 hours ago, dragoz said:

The MP40 is a fscking fantastic weapon, you can easily snipe guys at 400m with it, 

LOL..... 400 meters hahahaha....

1 person likes this

This thread is getting to many pages, we all know it going to be put into effect, so just go ahead and do, doesnt matter what we axis player say or do, so just DO IT. IT IS ALREADY SET IN STONE,and crs can say whatever,thats is not or it is--- WE WILL SEE

I dont have any problem about the MG fix for both sides. I don use too much the LMG, and honestly I dont like too much the bullet spread lmg storm rifle thing. Many friends and players in BOTH sides doing it right now and it is legit while the game allow us to do it.

But, I also think that the axis needs a decent mp40. And that is the main reason many axis players uses the lmg as an CQB weapone cause our smgs, mp40 and mp34 are crap. God bless my italian smg....that is a nice smg.

21 minutes ago, xcas said:

BTW  fix the matty too well your at it,    it shouldn't have a 7.75 k/d against a p4d or a 7.33 k/d against a stug 3b  which is suppose to be the equivalent axis tank for balance

Not sure what the matilda has to do with LMG's
But you realize that those units are not able to easily penetrate the matilda? It is armored like a mini tiger even if it moves like a mini snail.
There really is no T0 equivalent to a Matilda, hence the Matilda existing in low numbers.

You can open a thread dedicated to that and list things you think are wrong with it
but for this one, can we stick to LMG discussion?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

So you are saying you can not do anything with it and stand nearly no chance of killing anything with it
even though i am running around even, hitting infantry targets with it, while moving even?

You are not going to get bench fired shot groupings in the game, especially when i am simply standing and firing

no, 1m dispersion at 20m (even standing) is insane. it would be rejected for service if proposed

i kid you not, snub nosed guns loading the wrong ammo have better dispersion than the auto's in-game.

with 1m, we're in flintlock pistol history

Edited by major0noob

4 minutes ago, major0noob said:

no, 1m dispersion at 20m (even standing) is insane. it would be rejected for service if proposed

Most shots are inside the 3rd ring in the grey, there is a few strays, and you could probably shoot better, but...
You do realize that is not a 1 meter circle in diameter or radius?
Just to give size comparison, our trooper is what? 17 or 19 inches across the shoulders? so about 45cm ?
Just about the diameter of the grey circle.
1 Meter is 100 Centimeters

And yes, i stuck his face in the target so you could see he was right up against it, i am sure he can still breathe 
ld7Hrw2.png

goddamn your condescending

there was no problem with your shooting, all shots were aimed at the innermost black circle... you can't martyr your skills for badly modeled dispersion

dispersion does not excuse outliers, those hits are legit, they are the dispersion spread. this is all in aimed single shots as well, even full auto should get better dispersion.

please let go of your fanboy rage, it's excusing bad work in the game.

.....and some people may wonder:

"Why do axis use the mg34 as a Smg?"

Because we axis do not have a Smg (appart from the Italian) that is worth it. If we would have a useful SMG we would be using it instead.

That said, I don't see realistic running and shooting the mg34 but:

- we really need the mp40 to be fixed at med range.

- we need suppression which was one of the most important roles of the mg34 

- and please, redesign the body exposure when I deploy the mg34 in a window. No need to stand showing all your mid upper body.

Edited by piska250
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, piska250 said:

- we really need the mp40 to be fixed at med range.

On the contrary, imho. In my experience, MP40 is weak on CQB, way more inefective than its allied counterparts. That's what I hate about MP40 when I play axis, and that's why axis love now the IT SMG, because it fills that role. 

MP40 is decent at medium range tho, I think. At least when you got the touch with it.

I don't see a problem with the MP-40 in comparison to the French smg -- not much difference- slow rate of fire, and takes a bit of practice to hit targets at longer ranges.  

The Thompson is certainly a bit more deadly at close quarters, with its high rate of fire, but I find that high rate of fire a disadvantage for hitting targets at longer ranges.  The Thompson pulls up to the right when firing, making it harder to aim accurately.

Now the grease gun, m3, is a bit too good at longer ranges. I call it the sniper smg.  Moving it to a later tier is more historically accurate and more fair to the axis side.

1 person likes this

Just the other day, I saw an axis lmg leap from a depot to a vehicle spawn shooting while in the air (with an lmg), killing two allies on the veh spawn who were shooting at him (the lmg). The EI (lmg) continued to shoot mid air, with pinpoint accuracy...killed allied infantry. Landed on the veh spawn and continued the sprint, as an lmg and killed another allied infantry-before taking a full clip and then 'dying.'

A day or so later, I was tracking an EI (lmg) who didn't know where I was at. Lots of bushes around. Could have been anywhere. I moved to track him (the lmg) and his path. I saw him and started to shoot at him as he came out of bushes, into the open. As he quickly disappears behind more bushes he raises his lmg, shoots me with pinpoint accuracy, while not knowing my exact location (also halfway behind bushes) other than the direction I was shooting him from. 

Nevermind the deploying of the lmg without using ledges of a cp or a hill...

Or the LMG who sprints, and all in one motion lays himself to the ground, deploys and shoots-all in one motion with pinpoint accuracy. 

If not being allowed to do that as an LMG causes people to become upset...

pity. 

3 people like this

I was going to stay out then I read this

I won't mention the silent coasting trucks, ok, maybe I will. Opel always been, and is, the best truck in all kind of terrain. No need to claim anything. Bedford is a POS and had a blackout bug for a decade and a half."

1. K. First off. Go drive every truck in this game. The allied trucks ALL coast farther! They do. Like much farther. You'll be LUCKY to go 200m with your engine off in an opel and you can literally coast for KM's in beddy morris and laffy, plus the noise levels are not consistent across both sides. Lastly to this point the MORRIS is the best truck across all Terrains and it aint even close. The fact taht you think the Opel is top [censored] is [censored] hilarious. the opel was nefed in what 2006 and has been a POS since. It flat out takes way more skill to set up an FMS on the axis side than the allied mainly due to how FAR/LONG allied trucks can coast for once the Engine goes off. The axis dont have an Engine coast off ability therefore many of the newer players do not anticipate looking for a FMS a KM closer to town/away from where they last heard the truck. 

If you dont believe what I just typed I dont care. Go test it before you respond back to me. In fact if someone is willing to take the time to video driving and then simply coasting words wont be needed cause it will be on FILM. 

19 minutes ago, redst0rm said:

I was going to stay out then I read this

I won't mention the silent coasting trucks, ok, maybe I will. Opel always been, and is, the best truck in all kind of terrain. No need to claim anything. Bedford is a POS and had a blackout bug for a decade and a half."

1. K. First off. Go drive every truck in this game. The allied trucks ALL coast farther! They do. Like much farther. You'll be LUCKY to go 200m with your engine off in an opel and you can literally coast for KM's in beddy morris and laffy, plus the noise levels are not consistent across both sides. Lastly to this point the MORRIS is the best truck across all Terrains and it aint even close. The fact taht you think the Opel is top [censored] is [censored] hilarious. the opel was nefed in what 2006 and has been a POS since. It flat out takes way more skill to set up an FMS on the axis side than the allied mainly due to how FAR/LONG allied trucks can coast for once the Engine goes off. The axis dont have an Engine coast off ability therefore many of the newer players do not anticipate looking for a FMS a KM closer to town/away from where they last heard the truck. 

If you dont believe what I just typed I dont care. Go test it before you respond back to me. In fact if someone is willing to take the time to video driving and then simply coasting words wont be needed cause it will be on FILM. 

We are looking at this as well

7 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I can get better results firing a glock 23 from the range you are shooting. You are simulating a shoulder fired weapon at short range and the weapon can’t get a decent group. It can’t even come close to a good pistol group. As I said, fantasy dispersion to keep the rifle in game relevant. It’s ironic that you will argue this fact given that one of the proposed fixes to the LMG is to simply add fantasy dispersion when it’s fired from the hip. Not adding a weight component to all small arms or adding in a lot more weapon sway while jogging. Nope. Let’s give the weapons themselves a different cone of fire depending on whether they are fired from the hip or deployed. I agree that the LMG needs a fix but some of the proposed fixes are just weak.

WWIIOL has a nasty habit of hiding behind  “well it’s a game” for some answers and “we’re a historic MIL SIM” for other answers. You talk out both sides of your mouths. Then you wonder why players get upset with you. You’ll time warp vehicles around for the sake of “gameplay” for one side yet offer no help whatsoever for the other side in the air because of  “historical accuracy”.  Here your willing add fantasy dispersion to a group of weapons because “gameplay”. If tomorrow I asked to make some planes turn a bit better to even up the air game I’ll here absolutely not because “historical accuracy”. 

8 hours ago, major0noob said:

please let go of your fanboy rage, it's excusing bad work in the game.

Pretty much. 

2 people like this

Well here go another complain from allied,, tsk tsk,, oh boy, go ahead , I am okay with it, just go with history  not balance , Now, where the list I ask yall to fix for us ? oh wait that was 15 yrs ago ,,

Got a Question ,, when are we gonna have inf jumping on truck and use weapon to fire while truck moving ? 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, goreblimey said:

while your changing dispersion axis tank LMG needs a serious look at as well

Whats wrong with it?

I'm famous for being perturbed with the CQB use of the Axis LMG.  However, having played on the Axis side solid for several months now, there are issues with the Axis SMGs.

I would say options 2 and 3 Xoom for all the LMGs AND the autorifles when hip fired.  Bipods for LMGs and shoulder fire for autorifles should go to low dispersion.