XOOM

Proposed LMG Fix

370 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I would say options 2 and 3 Xoom for all the LMGs AND the autorifles when hip fired.  Bipods for LMGs and shoulder fire for autorifles should go to low dispersion.

If LMG were able to shoulder fire IRL, I would be okay with these suggestions

Fixing the DB7 flight and damage model is far more important than this.  

Lets see how that goes over with all you "Historical accuracy buffs"

:)

3 people like this

27 minutes ago, hondo said:

OMG cant believe that you said that ...:popcorn:

36 minutes ago, hondo said:

Damage models for all aircraft on on the list as well. Again different resources. 

13 hours ago, major0noob said:

dispersion does not excuse outliers

No those are an extra, i guess you'd say feature?
all the smg's have it, have not looked for it on LMGs, maybe they do also?
random round spits out into it's own world, i can only guess on the original idea behind it.
Probably not exactly an accurate thing, except perhaps maybe the M3 (mine would always come loose at the barrel connector no matter how much it was tightened, was a 40 year old POS)
I always took it as someone's quirky idea of graveyard humor

And i said several times, i am not claiming any of them are running perfect, true to battlefield form.
But to say it is useless is quite a stretch, i am putting more bullets than not into a meat sized area, even while moving.
There is no reason why i cant clear a building with it, aside from getting shot 1st

The only one that is terribly hard to make logical use of to me, would be the MAS38, not due to ballistics but due to animation causing utter confusion
about what you are actually doing with it

Ballistics wise, the one i would be the most disappointed in would be the MP34, even though i like it a lot.
It should shoot the pants off of the MP40, it is a much higher quality and expensive gun with precision machining.

But that is small arms audit, which is something separate, which is a separate human being(s) and separate set of resources than
curing rambo LMG

we really can't argue with a unit performing 77% better than it's counterparts.

if it were 20-50% i'd give credit to excellent weapon it's based on, but it has almost twice the kills to same number of deaths.

i think it's preferable to patch it in with the rest of the small arms audit though. CQB is not suited for riflemen, and the LMG's shoot me deployment hampers it's intended role too much.

6 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

If LMG were able to shoulder fire IRL, I would be okay with these suggestions

What part of have to get LMG on bipod to get low dispersion is not clear?

6 hours ago, hondo said:

Let's do it. I am an Allied player and I want to see everything work as realistic as possible. Makes a better wargame for all of us. Side bias, "nerfing and OP" have no place in this discussion. The aim should always be to have things work as authentically as possible.

but the air game has a lower accessibility than the rest of the game, everyone agrees:  KB&M is not for flying. it's utterly basic

working on the air game a huge amount of work for a small portion of the population

2 hours ago, Kilemall said:

What part of have to get LMG on bipod to get low dispersion is not clear?

sorry I misread your post!

44 minutes ago, major0noob said:

but the air game has a lower accessibility than the rest of the game, everyone agrees:  KB&M is not for flying. it's utterly basic

working on the air game a huge amount of work for a small portion of the population

The air game used to have excellent population with epic battles. Sadly over a decade of complete imbalance reduced the numbers to the minuscule number there is left. 

11 hours ago, hondo said:

5 hours ago, raptor34 said:

Let's do it. I am an Allied player and I want to see everything work as realistic as possible. Makes a better wargame for all of us. Side bias, "nerfing and OP" have no place in this discussion. The aim should always be to have things work as authentically as possible.

Agreed.  I play Allied only, and hell, I don't even fly anymore, but if stuff is wrong with the DB7, then please fix it.  Historical accuracy should be the goal whenever possible.

S!

1 hour ago, augetout said:

Agreed.  I play Allied only, and hell, I don't even fly anymore, but if stuff is wrong with the DB7, then please fix it.  Historical accuracy should be the goal whenever possible.

S!

So 60 remodelled DB7s in total available to France......

Get rid of most trucks in initial tier, horse drawn transport was the norm in 1939/40. Restrict off road movement of trucks, add 1000,s of miles of fencing and hedges that trucks cant drive through....

This is a game not a simulator. Die in game you can respawn a few seconds later. Historical accuracy is good but cannot be the absolute.

S! Ian 

54 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Get rid of most trucks in initial tier, horse drawn transport was the norm in 1939/40.

Yes please. Then there might be possible to set an FMS without spooking the whole enemy army in the town.

But I bet, CRS wold make the horse fart so loud that the benefit is lost.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, erasmo said:

Always said LMGs should not be allowed to fire when running. At most, when walking. Use zooka/shreck model of perfomance (allow them to sprint only with pistol too). And yes, dispersion should be terrible from the hip.

That been said, If I were CRS, I would wait to make these changes happen. This has been wrong for such a long time that wait a bit longer cannot harm. Let's have the full small arms audit ready and the new support weapons prepared to be added and then I'd implement the changes all in one patch. For me, that would have more sense than acting now only in the lmgs (which it will effect more drastically on the axis lmg, because it plays a role than the allied counterparts don't do at all).

YES

LMG needs to be "fixed" but should only be done as part of an overall package of fixes.

1 person likes this

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, jwilly said:

Regarding "CRS only nerfs the Axis and buffs the Allies"...CRS is working away on development of a full class of HEAT RGs. AFAIK, all will be available in T0.

The point being: history treats each of the combatant nations differently. Just look at one issue, and you may be upset that your side is being nerfed. So, look at the big picture instead.

Agree, but all some players see is a single "fix" that impacts one side more than the other. It has to be part of a larger package of changes. If "no shooting while moving"  had been implemented 15 years ago, there would be no complaints of "nerfing axis". Now, one side sees a favourite weapon being changed, and other changes for the other side "promised" or "in development".

Lets fix the LMG Rambo when the other fixes are ready, and avoid the bias complaints.

S! Ian 

1 hour ago, atgman said:

Yes please. Then there might be possible to set an FMS without spooking the whole enemy army in the town.

But I bet, CRS wold make the horse fart so loud that the benefit is lost.

How about instead of "driving" a FMS you were just allowed to "plop" it down within the same parameters and rules we have know?  With a maximum of 3-4 allowed per AO and only once every 15 min? Would this be a better alternative?

3 hours ago, ian77 said:

So 60 remodelled DB7s in total available to France......

Get rid of most trucks in initial tier, horse drawn transport was the norm in 1939/40. Restrict off road movement of trucks, add 1000,s of miles of fencing and hedges that trucks cant drive through....

This is a game not a simulator. Die in game you can respawn a few seconds later. Historical accuracy is good but cannot be the absolute.

S! Ian 

Horse drawn transport was the norm in the german army and they used horses throughout the war, Brit army was mechanized not so sure about the French I think they used truck transport as well.

cf4411af9e2a3c2d03dfeb3bc86a0d19.png like i said this just proves the axis used it more, EVEN back when we HAD THOUSANDS of players back in the day, ALLIES mainly used the smg, SO yes AFTER 17 years yes the numbers reflect 1,7 million more kills--- back in the day when we had THOUSANDS PLAYING ALL SPREAD OUT over the map,  so multi those thousands back then playing with the lmg and you will see why thats a big number , BUT really it isnt

Take 1000 guys, they go out kill lets say 2 guys, thats 2000 guys they killed that day, over 10 days thats 20,000, over a month thats 60,000, over a year thats 720,000,,, ^^^^^^ so in this case thats only 3 years to get that many kills roughly.

15 minutes ago, hondo said:

Would the German horses be able to glide silently through the fields ?    :)

Nay!   :) 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, gagsy said:

Horse drawn transport was the norm in the german army and they used horses throughout the war, Brit army was mechanized not so sure about the French I think they used truck transport as well.

I always understood our divisions to be the cutting edge mechanized ones, not the follow-up ones.