• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
ZEBBEEE

Poll of the day: your weapon selection criteria

If you could decide between different mission types with any supply (multiple choices)   17 members have voted

1. 1. Poll of the day: What are the strength(s) of your preferred weapons?

• Caliber/round size
    • Armor protection
    • Load-out (variety)
    • Load-out (quantity)
    • Movement speed
    • Firing range
    • Dispersion magnitude (Recoil stabilization)
    • Rate of fire (incl. reloading)
    • Versatility (firing options)
    • It always depends on the mission type

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Infantry weapons only?  Or other weapons included?

Edited by GrAnit

How about versatility? My absolute favorite is the BAR because it's a little of everything: decent at close range, greag at long distance, very accurate in semiautomatic fire even without being deployed, and almost as good as an LMG in the anti-personnel/light anti-materiel role. It's not #1 at everything, but certainly gives the user many options and lots of firepower.

Same with the Hurricane IIC. It's not the best fighter or bomber, but it's the best fighter-bomber.

Choice of weapon is dependent on what I need to do, and what is available to spawn.... impossible to answer your "poll of the day"

41 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Infantry weapons only?  Or other weapons included?

Any weapon, considering that choosing armor is probably because you like higher fire power for example. Plane because of movement speed. Ships because of caliber and fire distance. No?

40 minutes ago, rodsantos said:

How about versatility? My absolute favorite is the BAR because it's a little of everything: decent at close range, greag at long distance, very accurate in semiautomatic fire even without being deployed, and almost as good as an LMG in the anti-personnel/light anti-materiel role. It's not #1 at everything, but certainly gives the user many options and lots of firepower.

Same with the Hurricane IIC. It's not the best fighter or bomber, but it's the best fighter-bomber.

Added! Thanks

31 minutes ago, ian77 said:

Choice of weapon is dependent on what I need to do, and what is available to spawn.... impossible to answer your "poll of the day"

You are perfectly right. But if you could decide between different mission types with any supply?

I don't think most people consider many of these items when choosing a weapon. (Perhaps we should).

I would think most people go by the "right tool for the job" criteria.  An smg for street fighting, a rifle or LMG for the country side.  Other weapons choices will be based on the task at hand and your own personal strengths and weaknesses. 

However, using your list, i would say firing range and speed of movement are the two most important factors.  Rate of fire would be my next most important consideration.  I think you can apply this criteria to infantry/armour/guns/aircraft equally.

12 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Please provide your opinion and don't hesitate to develop further bellow!

I have to agree about not being able to properly answer the survey

It is going to vary a lot with what i intend to attempt to do, who i am playing with and what they are going to be trying to do
and what the available choices in the spawn pool are.

12 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Please provide your opinion and don't hesitate to develop further bellow!

intended mission

Kar98k 99% of the time. Best all around choice. Simple.

If I anticipate multiple moving targets at distance, then I go for MG34.

If I anticipate trucks, ATR.

MP40 or M38 for depot-spawn-"FLOOD"-style warpy headless chicken gameplay.

1 hour ago, xanthus said:

Kar98k 99% of the time. Best all around choice. Simple.

If I anticipate multiple moving targets at distance, then I go for MG34.

If I anticipate trucks, ATR.

MP40 or M38 for depot-spawn-"FLOOD"-style warpy headless chicken gameplay.

This!

4 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I have to agree about not being able to properly answer the survey

It is going to vary a lot with what i intend to attempt to do, who i am playing with and what they are going to be trying to do
and what the available choices in the spawn pool are.

I want to be able to give a « community love weight » to these parameters , as to make a ranking of all weapons accordingly, so that it can help with some priority decisions.

I re-formulate the question to make this list universally relevant and added the option «it always depends on the mission type »

The survey is crippled from the beginning.

Example, if I had an absolute fave piece of equipment, it's an ATG or a high caliber TD like the M10 or StuG.

But these all take very specific battle environment situations that rarely obtain nowadays, as you have to have enemy armor advancing on a position, you already there ahead or on the flanks for an ambush, and there isn't an inf already on the way with a sap or RPAT to blow you out before the first shot.

In this case developing new armor/TD units means VERY little, it's more the battlefield mechanics and player density that affects this sort of play.

Yes theoretically 1.36 will generate more interdiction opportunities, but again, density, how many interdictors are going to sit out there for hours not seeing anyone driving because everyone is against the wall getting attack or defense working or the enemy does overstock but not on your TZ, and give up?

Get us more players, and a lot of poblems go away.

43 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

The survey is crippled from the beginning.

Example, if I had an absolute fave piece of equipment, it's an ATG or a high caliber TD like the M10 or StuG.

But these all take very specific battle environment situations that rarely obtain nowadays, as you have to have enemy armor advancing on a position, you already there ahead or on the flanks for an ambush, and there isn't an inf already on the way with a sap or RPAT to blow you out before the first shot.

In this case developing new armor/TD units means VERY little, it's more the battlefield mechanics and player density that affects this sort of play.

Yes theoretically 1.36 will generate more interdiction opportunities, but again, density, how many interdictors are going to sit out there for hours not seeing anyone driving because everyone is against the wall getting attack or defense working or the enemy does overstock but not on your TZ, and give up?

Get us more players, and a lot of poblems go away.

Well that precisely answers the question, hence I know that *if* the game offers more opportunities to use big guns, whatever units they are mounted on, you will be happy :)

15 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Well that precisely answers the question, hence I know that *if* the game offers more opportunities to use big guns, whatever units they are mounted on, you will be happy :)

Well sort of, note I don't say I like Tiger/Church/S76 battles, but TD/gun ambush play.  The sort of thing where they are defeated before I fire the first shot, so more smart maneuver and patience/burning reward.

But that means more hulls out there to shoot, which is not a model problem, it's a gameplay/density problem.

Also, if you look at my stats I'm rifle 95% of the time.  A lot of times when I do indulge in ATG/tank play, I know I'm not in there doing my cap/recap/AI kill/scout/FMS kill/comms thing, and on lower pop situations that lack of a vet doing scut work shows up.  So I choose winning and don't indulge.  Get me more players and I am not on the AO/timer rack cause there is enough to go around and I can blow two hours messing around without harm to the team.