Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caydel

So, I rage quit last night

29 posts in this topic

Just need to vent for a second.

Last night, I drove a Char up from the Gem-Jodo FB to the southern outskirts of Jodo. I found a good hull down position ~600M south of the AB, behind a berm where only my turret was exposed.

I tangled with a couple of tanks, though I didn't get the kills on them, along with a few infantry and Flak30s, so the enemy know where I was.

After a few minutes, I see an 88 rolling along, about 500M north. I start hosing him with my MG. While under MG fire, he rolls to position, and starts deploying. I keep pouring it on... he finishes deploying, I see the barrel sweep over towards me. Still firing, on my third belt now. *Boom*, my gunner and commander killed. He fired one round, no hunting for range or anything like that, instant effect.

When I despawn, I see I got the kill on the 88, must have (finally) hit the commander after he deployed.

I've played this game for a long time. I know how to range MG fire, it was tearing right through him. I put hundreds of rounds into his position... there is *no way* he should have been able to survive that.

I spent almost 30 minutes working my char up from the FB carefully. I worked hard to find a position where I had good frontal cover, and good visibility to the sides to prevent being flanked. I can understand losing an honest battle, but that was complete BS and killed the night for me.

The ATG damage model really, really needs to be revised!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree.  Also need an ATG/AAA visual damage model.

Edited by GrAnit
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Agree.  Also need an ATG/AAA visual damage model.

Been after this for years and years . 

And once we write the year 2019 I will post another one into the Forum. 

@caydel it's my biggest pet peeve in game. You don't want to know how often I have lost tanks to an ATG cause I thought he was dead or saw him deploy while I was pouring MG and HE into him just to have him fire 1 shot to kill me out right.  What ticks me of the most us the ATG that plays possum, you think you got him cause how can he survive 3 direct hits of HE and 3 MG belts just as you think yup time to pay attention to that Tank one hears , to get shot at by that same ATG.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fearny said:

Haha, I shouldn't laugh but this brought back some memories!

Yep... It's nothing new, but also not the type of memory I had in mind when I resubbed after a few years away.

That said, it's just one sortie. I'll be back to menace the axis again soon!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French tier0 coax MGs are pathetic, especially trying to hit something at 500m.  I seriously doubt an army would field a machine gun that had dispersion that bad. 

As for the 88, it's always been a bit wonky, just like the tier1 ATGs. When the gun has a crew animation movement when being deployed, it seems to F up the DM somehow.  And 500m for the 88 is a tiny adjustment, at that range, it's basically point and click. 

Next time start dropping HE rounds on him as well as the MG rain. HE works better than it used to.  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atgs have always bothered me.  any AP shell to the barrel, breech or recoil mechanism (basically any part of the body of the gun) should kill it.  I don't know if it has changed since i last played in 2012, but it seems like it hasn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

I seriously doubt an army would field a machine gun that had dispersion that bad. 

They might.
Not saying their dispersion is correct in game, small arms audit will catch those if they are not, but i can kind of see where they might take something like that.
Since the french envisioned all the tanks working in close infantry support rather than dedicated armor engagements, a good amount dispersion might be seen as
desirable? Covering lots of area and keeping heavy suppression going .

Again, i am not saying you are wrong, just that it would not surprise me to find out that they speced them for heavy dispersion.
These are the guys who mounted an immobile bow gun that is not terribly useful unless you are straddling trenches :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL @jokur

I've given up on delems , no point wasting good arguments on someone who is incapable of hearing them.

Although I'm not sure why he's so stressed that the CS tanks have all of 100 kills , game changing tho it may be :)

Oops wrong thread LOL

Edited by goreblimey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on this topic I'd agree with Mos.

600m is just a lottery with French coax, definitely needs tightening up. At 1000m it hits gets 30 - 40 % of the hits the axis coax does on the tank bullseye targets in offline mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 1 solution: reduce 88 to smoke only! Or better delete it from axis spawn list. Not acceptable that an axis gun kill a char in tier 0 !!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, normal2 said:

Only 1 solution: reduce 88 to smoke only! Or better delete it from axis spawn list. Not acceptable that an axis gun kill a char in tier 0 !!!

 

Or just get the damage model right on all atgs

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP rounds into gunner is my usual go too. I don't even bother unless I have a clear shot on the entire crew with MG, or mix it up, but i'm almost always thinking AP if I have some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, normal2 said:

Only 1 solution: reduce 88 to smoke only! Or better delete it from axis spawn list. Not acceptable that an axis gun kill a char in tier 0 !!!

 

Is that really your takeaway from my initial post?

Of course the 88 should be able to demolish a Char from 500m. It just should not be able to do it after being peppered with MG fire for probably a full solid minute before it got that shot off.

Edited by caydel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing better than the die while firing atg that keeps shooting you straight on while the player just hold the fire button to lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, ATG's. How i used to love spending an hour or 2 walking out from a town (or suffering the lag from running up my 2nd account in order to tow it...) only for a crazy lone rifleman to dance around me and kill me in one shot. There used to be (and by all accounts, still is) a lot wrong with the models, damage model, model interaction and the inability to defend yourself from single riflemen.

Oh, can you still run people over in them? Chasing sappers in a 2-pounder used to be a giggle!

Bring back the X bushes! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the effort going to 1.36

...meanwhile game elements that have been broken for years get ignored. CRS claims they have creator and according to them all the models inc the atgs have been done in creator. So why not fix the damage models before working on other things? 

You know..the issues that make paying customers unsub? Customers don't subscribe hoping a firefly is coming for xmas..but they DO UNSUBSCRIBE when a simple damage model cannot be looked at, or CQB  with rifles may as well be a Benny Hill comedy routine - running around for 30 secs firing at each other then finally pulling knives...or the fact that your OWN pet streamer openly promotes the pistol to be better than the rifle and shows himself drilling players 20+ meters away in full flight.

 

Ps ran over an ei camping my fms last night. Giggled with due diligence ;)

Edited by dropbear
Ps
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-11 at 7:53 AM, caydel said:

Just need to vent for a second.

Last night, I drove a Char up from the Gem-Jodo FB to the southern outskirts of Jodo. I found a good hull down position ~600M south of the AB, behind a berm where only my turret was exposed.

I tangled with a couple of tanks, though I didn't get the kills on them, along with a few infantry and Flak30s, so the enemy know where I was.

After a few minutes, I see an 88 rolling along, about 500M north. I start hosing him with my MG. While under MG fire, he rolls to position, and starts deploying. I keep pouring it on... he finishes deploying, I see the barrel sweep over towards me. Still firing, on my third belt now. *Boom*, my gunner and commander killed. He fired one round, no hunting for range or anything like that, instant effect.

When I despawn, I see I got the kill on the 88, must have (finally) hit the commander after he deployed.

I've played this game for a long time. I know how to range MG fire, it was tearing right through him. I put hundreds of rounds into his position... there is *no way* he should have been able to survive that.

I spent almost 30 minutes working my char up from the FB carefully. I worked hard to find a position where I had good frontal cover, and good visibility to the sides to prevent being flanked. I can understand losing an honest battle, but that was complete BS and killed the night for me.

The ATG damage model really, really needs to be revised!

Feel your pain for sure. That sucks no doubt.

S!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dropbear said:

...meanwhile game elements that have been broken for years get ignored. CRS claims they have creator and according to them all the models inc the atgs have been done in creator. So why not fix the damage models before working on other things? 

I am not working on 1.36, not much i could do to help with it directly

We have creator, it makes 3d objects.
It does not tell the game what to do with them though.
DM is a combination of things, only one of them taking part in creator.

I dont work in creator, i dont have the skill.
So i can't go do anything there, and the stuff i am working with, the only other person that understands it (because it is asininely confusing) is DOC
So no one can just go drop everything and come help do it.
It isn't a thing 20 people can help do anyways

So do i stop and sit on my thumbs?

Hatch, among 7000 other things, is working with the infantry and crew damage.
It's also not something where you can have 20 fingers in it and 20 different lines of thought.
The art people can not help with it, do they stop then?

It is not that cut and dried as to who is or isn't doing anything about something
or what "everyone" is doing.

Just because a present immediate goal might be A, it doesn't mean B and C are doing nothing
 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vis damage to at/aa crew is on the to-do list, along with upgraded art (6 pdr and pak 38 crew springs to mind). The to-do list is pretty long however and there are MANY pressing items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granted..the current Rat team has inherited a lot of suppressed anger. I truly hope 1.36 is a raging success, so we can get on with making it the game we all want.

In the short term we can all [censored] about {insert name of unit here} ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can deal with it :) We're pushing hard for a lot of changes but we ARE understaffed in all disciplines. For my part I try to plug the worst holes balance-wise (equipment disparity) while simultaneously upgrading old stuff to decent standard/fixing long standing bugs. Air-ground-navy all have their respective issues but I can only fix one thing at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.