Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Bridges.

29 posts in this topic

Outside of bridge AOs which I agree should be a thing of the past, the overall bridge mechanic right now can be improved but is ok for now until there is more developer time.

I'll just give a personal example from defending Essen in the past week. In my He111 I was able to drop 7 bridges by my lonesome, and then flew back 2-3 more times to drop the main road bridge. The only bridge the Allies were able to rebuild was the main road bridge because they had a FMS set up right next to it and we were so out-trooped that they could spawn Engineers at will to get it rebuilt. Even then I managed to take out a few Morris trucks before they got the FMS set up and then a few AA guns and infantry that were trying to rebuild. In any other situation with more Axis players logged in, it would be pretty much impossible to repair that bridge. Set up a few PPOs and spawn mortars and no engineer will be getting within 25 meters of that bridge. So I don't think it is too easy to repair a bridge if there is a organized defense.

One reason bridges have AO's is
Player Delems decides to be a p@nis, and starts dropping OUR bridges
and we can not push out of the town now to get at the ENEMY'S FB
Really? Seriously? Why did the game allow him to do this CRS?!??!?!!

We can't stop him, no way to just go TK happy on his arse

We can report him i suppose, but that's a hard call for the GM to make, and the GM cant run around repairing bridges

SO that means everyone has to stop, go get engineers, go fix the bridges, because someone on your own side was being an absolute twit.
No one wants to stop participating in the battle to go mop up after the antics of an idiot on your own side.

It's not the same if the enemy is downing the bridge, we can shoot him.

No AO's on bridges, they will all be down in a day, most of them by people on your own side

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0