• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Bridges.

42 posts in this topic

Outside of bridge AOs which I agree should be a thing of the past, the overall bridge mechanic right now can be improved but is ok for now until there is more developer time.

I'll just give a personal example from defending Essen in the past week. In my He111 I was able to drop 7 bridges by my lonesome, and then flew back 2-3 more times to drop the main road bridge. The only bridge the Allies were able to rebuild was the main road bridge because they had a FMS set up right next to it and we were so out-trooped that they could spawn Engineers at will to get it rebuilt. Even then I managed to take out a few Morris trucks before they got the FMS set up and then a few AA guns and infantry that were trying to rebuild. In any other situation with more Axis players logged in, it would be pretty much impossible to repair that bridge. Set up a few PPOs and spawn mortars and no engineer will be getting within 25 meters of that bridge. So I don't think it is too easy to repair a bridge if there is a organized defense.

1 person likes this

One reason bridges have AO's is
Player Delems decides to be a p@nis, and starts dropping OUR bridges
and we can not push out of the town now to get at the ENEMY'S FB
Really? Seriously? Why did the game allow him to do this CRS?!??!?!!

We can't stop him, no way to just go TK happy on his arse

We can report him i suppose, but that's a hard call for the GM to make, and the GM cant run around repairing bridges

SO that means everyone has to stop, go get engineers, go fix the bridges, because someone on your own side was being an absolute twit.
No one wants to stop participating in the battle to go mop up after the antics of an idiot on your own side.

It's not the same if the enemy is downing the bridge, we can shoot him.

No AO's on bridges, they will all be down in a day, most of them by people on your own side

1 person likes this

I'm all for increasing Bridge AO numbers, and changing auto-repair to 48 hr timers (2x current 24hr).

1 person likes this

This should be an easy code change?  Just change the base number of bridge AOs from 4 to 8.

“aside from pulling front line engineers and boarding them on transport planes and flying them all over.”

transport planes resupply ? They should

1 person likes this

Well just logged out.

So tired of waiting 10 min for bridge AOs to clear so I can set them somewhere else.

How come there is a bridge timer?  Enemy can't see them to defend, should be be instant place and clear.

Kinda ironic, never logged due to atrocious capture timers (but did stop attacking); but the bridge timers finally pushed me out of game.

28 minutes ago, audimrfy said:

“aside from pulling front line engineers and boarding them on transport planes and flying them all over.”

transport planes resupply ? They should

Of course they do. The game doesn't care the method that an infantry went from town A to B to resupply. Walk. Truck. Plane.

I've done many a sapper resupply runs in the past by landing a Ju52 by one city and flying to the next one. Trick is finding a pilot that can reliably land the plane in tight quarters without clipping a tree and crashing :)

1 hour ago, delems said:

Enemy can't see them to defend

Hmm?
When you AO a bridge, it trips a DO on the other side they can see?

39 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Hmm?
When you AO a bridge, it trips a DO on the other side they can see?

No it doesn't

1 person likes this

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, aismov said:

Of course they do. The game doesn't care the method that an infantry went from town A to B to resupply. Walk. Truck. Plane.

I've done many a sapper resupply runs in the past by landing a Ju52 by one city and flying to the next one. Trick is finding a pilot that can reliably land the plane in tight quarters without clipping a tree and crashing :)

but the plane itself does not give the sapper new ammo.

Just now, imded said:

but the plane itself does not give the sapper new ammo.

No, but you load one of the infantry who can set the ammo box
and now you are set.

No AO or DO.

Just make it fixable and destroyable.

Like the AI.

No waiting, no timers, etc.

So the bridge can go up and down at will. And delem can fly all over the map and do his thing.

14 minutes ago, imded said:

No AO or DO.

Just make it fixable and destroyable.

Like the AI.

No waiting, no timers, etc.

So the bridge can go up and down at will. And delem can fly all over the map and do his thing.

Small problem.
How then do you then stop Delem's evil twin half brother from dropping the bridge his mission mates are actually trying to make use of?
It isn't a lot of fun to have your convoy fall into the water, and those units be attrited, because your own guy blew it up.

AI aren't a strategic part of the game world, and have little over all effect if alive or dead, Bridges are and do.

Edited by Merlin51

Just double the base number of bridge AOs available, and cut the clear/set time to like 60 seconds.

No reason to take 10 min to clear a bridge AO and 5 min to set one.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, delems said:

Just double the base number of bridge AOs available, and cut the clear/set time to like 60 seconds.

No reason to take 10 min to clear a bridge AO and 5 min to set one.

+1 This.  Other folks can argue about whether bridges should 'require' an AO or not.  We aren't asking for that.  We're simply asking for more Bridge AOs with faster clear timers.  All still set/cleared by HC. I agree wholeheartedly with Delems (*gulp*).

Edited by forrest

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0