ZEBBEEE

Future roadmaps: [2nd step] survey draft

[This topic validates how to ask the questions as the list of answers. It has been modified multiple times so do NOT conclude anything based on these figures]   31 members have voted

1. 1. Select the 3 production items you wish to see improved sooner than others?

• New ground equipment
    • New air equipment
    • New navy equipment
    • Existing weapon models update
    • Infantry movements & animations (1st person)
    • Infantry movements & animations (3rd person)
    • Textures resolution
    • Lighting effects
    • Sound effects
    • Special effects (smoke, director tracers, dust...)
    • Buildings models
    • Player-placed objects
    • World Environment (vegetation, roads, rivers, ponds, bridges, fences...)
    • Towns' territorial layout
    • Theater expansion/addition
    • Simulation (statics, dynamics, ammo, ballistic, damages computation)(added to poll after 16 participants)
    • Visual damages (added to poll after 16 participants)
  2. 2. Select the 3 gameplay items you wish to see improved sooner than others?

• Tiers and supplies rules (equipment availability)
    • AO mechanism (active battle area)
    • Fixed/mobile Spawn points options and rules
    • Rank scoring conditions
    • Rank access/advantages
    • Mission leader roles & tools
    • HC roles & tools
    • Squad roles & tools
    • Side or battle balance mechanisms
    • Town victory conditions
    • In-game communications
  3. 3. What sacrifice(s) would you accept to get WWII Online to a modern game engine? (These would be corrected after initial release)

• Playing with lower performance
    • Dividing the playerbase between different servers (max 100 players per server)
    • Drastically decreasing the total size of the map
    • Limited amount of capturable towns
    • No armored vehicles
    • No aircraft
    • No ships
    • Limited gameplay features (scoring, victory conditions, spawning options…)
    • No squad-related features
    • No realistic town layout/objects
    • Paying higher subscriptions
    • No day/night cycle
    • Limited view distances
    • Limiting the accuracy of damage model simulation for vehicles

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

From the 1st step of the brainstorming (link right bellow), from 45 answers we could conclude that:

• 37.77% (summed up) thinks that HATCH's production department alone can do wonders
  • 24.44% thinks new gameplay can bring some renewed succes
  • 24.44% wants efforts to be focused on a 2.0 feasibility study

1544808421-poll-brainstorm.png

For step 2, I went into higher details for these 3 paths only.

NOTE: it doesn't mean other options should no longer be taken into account (and most of these were fused within the production part). It's just a brainstorming trial here.

NOTE2: nothing to be concluded/expected from Results, nor to be expected in 2019. Questions and answers will be edited as feedbacks are provided. DO NOT TAKE THESE FIGURES TO CONCLUDE ANYTHING.

Please take your votes and you're welcome to further comment bellow. Please, share your thoughts about the offered poll options.

Please stay constructive regarding opinions you don't agree with, you all have great ideas we need to find a compromise for.

Please.

- Add at least a few Crossroads and bridges to the strategic layout. With a few military grade buildings like bunkers and trenches (above terrain) and a Small garrison.

- Make Railroad station destroyable. Towns with a direct link to a rail road or even adjacent, with all the railroads Up could get faster pool tickets. (Recover pool faster). This ways Railroad  becomes a strategic target both for ground or air forces. And if there could be trains....

S!

This poll is not defining priorities for CRS nor is it asking for such detailed design ideas/expectations.

The purpose is just to validate a list of answers to these complex questions, and see if it can somehow help CRS and the community better organizing their future discussions or contributions.

Looks like world environment is winning! We have enough toys for now. What we need is improving the environment and the buildings!!! 

I actually added 

- Simulation (statics, dynamics, ammo, ballistic, damages computation)

- visual damages 

And it appears that 83% of voters since then have selected at least one of these.

So global results are falsified and the poll should be restarted from the start. Which at some point will be through an official survey that may follow someday. 

I don't like this poll as I feel it's construction creates a lot of false results.

In particular I don't want any of the consequences listed for a move to UE4, but the poll won't show how many of us don't want to go to a limited game world.

40 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I don't like this poll as I feel it's construction creates a lot of false results.

In particular I don't want any of the consequences listed for a move to UE4, but the poll won't show how many of us don't want to go to a limited game world.

From what I read, so far 77% of voters would like to keep a large game world, since 23% said it wouldn't matter if it was limited. 

That being said, I wouldn't take ANY conclusion from this poll, aside that we all have different opinions and expectations to be taken into account 

Don't add new toys. Fix and improve what we already have!!!! A new church and a couple more rural buildings to support the blown up farm house would be a good start!!

Edited by gervleth

I personally voted for world environment and building improvements. Small things like fences, benches in cities, etc. bring character and make the game works feel so alive. The new buildings and terrain shown in the roadmap are a great start.

as far as UE4 I think the most important thing is to have the large zone less map. That is what separates WWIIOL from every  other game out there.

For the second one I voted for more squad tools/communications. I agree with the sentiment that we should work on what we have now vs. introducing more units. Things like completion of HE audit, the ever elusive ordnance server, small arms etc. would be at the top of my list.

1 person likes this

imo its a bad poll to see the players most valued game aspects

great poll to see their least concerns though.

surprised squad and voip aren't dominating the list with like 80% each

30 minutes ago, major0noob said:

imo its a bad poll to see the players most valued game aspects

great poll to see their least concerns though.

Can you develop please? What would you have done differently?

weighed vote isn't available, and its only good for large sample sizes. its all i can think of.

honestly, the forum population has a disconnect with the in-game players... i know first hand from my talks to both about 3min build times: near unanimous, opposite opinions, from each group.

it's not just my pet peeve the FMS either, both groups are oblivious to each others gaming realities. my favorite example is the SPAA, the guys in the forums saw them as overpowered anti-inf, whereas in-game people laughed at crs for finally making a unit but making it soo inept. not lol's, i was on TS and they were laughing at crs

soo... best to go in-game and take a survey of at least 100. i'd do it myself just to stick it to the forum pop... i think i will if battles return, heh

17 hours ago, Kilemall said:

I do not like it either, aside from not really wanting to personally accept any of the UE4 limitations listed, i can say the what do you want hatch's team to do
creates a totally inaccurate expectation.

[X] I want hatch's team to go make all new farm houses

Well, HATCH, is not a 3d modeler, though i am pretty sure he knows the mechanics of it, just dont know about the artistic part.
I dont think Hatch is a texture artist either.
We really can not apply Hatch's expertise in physics and aeronautics and mechanical systems etc to a farm house, unless it's going to turn into Optimus Prime.

I damned well cant make a 3d model to save my arse, even my damaged states would be bad.
I may have some texture skills, but nothing good enough for buildings, i can paint mud

So there is 2 people right off the bat, who are of no use in the making of said farm houses, and we arent going to sit around with our thumbs in our butts
So something is going to get done other than farm houses, and it might be done faster and doubtful it gets shelved until unrelated farm houses are done.
So here comes a patch with something other than farm houses, which doesn't meet the expectation created.
All resources capable of working on the farm houses are working on them, but resources that cant help with them might finish something else 1st.
Now it lookes like "We asked for farm houses but you just went and did X instead"

We do different things, sometimes we overlap in some areas, and others we dont.
Some things we can help each other with, some things we can only lend moral support.

And i am sure the same thing exists in part on the coding side.
Host and client are 2 different worlds, 2 entirely different systems to understand.
And each of those has systems inside of systems.

6 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

unless it's going to turn into Optimus Prime.

why are you giving out pre-A data for wwiiOL 5.0 ?

@Merlin51 interesting to hear. Asking to select 3 things to work on seemed less extreme than a single-choice survey.

Surveymonkey allows to rank answers but when the list gets so long it becomes almost impossible to answer. 

The alternative is asking an expectation note out of 10 for every line. But then I expect some to answer "I want everything asap"

Q-3 was the most annoying one for me tbh == " to be honest", what attract me in this game was how much it can take at one time, I mean what's the point of "Dividing the playerbase between different servers (max 100 players per server)", if this happen I will just play COD or Battlefield 5, this game is special because of its main idea or the concept of it, you will never find a game like this that can combine air, land and naval at one go and enjoy playing it. I'm not one of the legends who have been around the game since it began or 5<or more but the idea of moving to UE4 and reduce it's world size and number of players it will kill the game "in my opinion".

49 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

@Merlin51 interesting to hear. Asking to select 3 things to work on seemed less extreme than a single-choice survey.

The wording and presentation seems to set expectations.

It's like if you have a plumber, and electrician, and HVAC guy, a concrete guy, a roofer and a carpenter
and then ask which do you want the contractors to specifically do next.

• ROOF
  • FOUNDATION
  • CENTRAL AIR
  • PLUMBING
  • WIRING
  • FRAMING

You can pick any of those, but your expectation probably wont turn out as you may have been made to feel, because
the plumber and electrician and HVAC guy and the concrete guy will be of no real use in putting up the roof, only the roofer and some help from the carpenter.
Meanwhile the concrete guy already installed the driveway and poured the pad for the central AC, and the plumber trenched in the main plumbing, and the carpenter is still setting the trusses so they can be sheeted so the roofer can roof it, and it rained 3 days delaying that.

So you wanted a roof, you got a driveway and main plumbing and an AC pad.
You are disappointed because you specifically said roof, did no one listen to you?

19 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

From what I read, so far 77% of voters would like to keep a large game world, since 23% said it wouldn't matter if it was limited. 

That being said, I wouldn't take ANY conclusion from this poll, aside that we all have different opinions and expectations to be taken into account 

The poll wouldn't let me close out because I didn't answer any of the third question options.

1 hour ago, ghost43 said:

Q-3 was the most annoying one for me tbh == " to be honest", what attract me in this game was how much it can take at one time, I mean what's the point of "Dividing the playerbase between different servers (max 100 players per server)", if this happen I will just play COD or Battlefield 5, this game is special because of its main idea or the concept of it, you will never find a game like this that can combine air, land and naval at one go and enjoy playing it. I'm not one of the legends who have been around the game since it began or 5<or more but the idea of moving to UE4 and reduce it's world size and number of players it will kill the game "in my opinion".

Agreed 100%. I think WWIIOL needs to be careful about this the most out of anything. Right now there is only one game with a massive map that simulates theater-wide battle. A lot of other games over 100-player battles with better graphics and essentially indistinguishable damage models (even if the underlying physics are completely different).

Thank you very much for the feedbacks, these are very relevant. I adapted the questions for new feedbacks.

Please don't take the figures of this poll as baseline to conclude anything , as said in the original topic , it's just about validating the question and answers , not taking the figures.