• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
SCKING

12 days of WWIIOL

99 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, choad said:

Hehe. The graphic goes by so fast my limited brain has trouble digesting each day.

You could always pause the video then move the slider.  :D

On 16/12/2018 at 6:15 PM, dre21 said:

Now gun shield for the 88 , and we are golden.

@dre21Santa heard your my friend. You are definitely going to like the 6th day :)

1545077286-bb759b36-5281-4ff9-a5db-e454c

German-88mm-Flak-Gun_1.jpg?m=1414030205

11 minutes ago, odin67 said:

So is this stuff coming for Christmas or an old men tease?

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

I hope those wood and barbed wire PPOs are also able to be blown up to remove them.  I'd say wire cutters on the barbed wire, but they aren't ingame, so blowing them up would be a substitute.  If a grenade can take down an AI sentry tower, it should be able to handle a much smaller obstacle.

You can blow them up, no wire cutters though.
Keep in mind, it may be a bit difficult.

Oh not because barbed wire is sturdy, but because throwing grenades at a barbed wire fence tends to result in lots of grenades rolling off into the pasture :)

You can not run through the fence, but you can shoot through it just fine.
Keep that in mind when trying to run up and plop down a grenade by the fence post or what not, someone might be waiting for just that event and PEW PEW PEW

22 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

You can blow them up, no wire cutters though.
Keep in mind, it may be a bit difficult.

Oh not because barbed wire is sturdy, but because throwing grenades at a barbed wire fence tends to result in lots of grenades rolling off into the pasture :)

You can not run through the fence, but you can shoot through it just fine.
Keep that in mind when trying to run up and plop down a grenade by the fence post or what not, someone might be waiting for just that event and PEW PEW PEW

If a grenade can sever the wire, presumably any HE shell with at least as much HE-filer-weight as a grenade can do at least as much...?

So a 75mm HE shell has 30 times the wire-severing effect...?

42 minutes ago, jwilly said:

If a grenade can sever the wire, presumably any HE shell with at least as much HE-filer-weight as a grenade can do at least as much...?

So a 75mm HE shell has 30 times the wire-severing effect...?

Works like this
Min joules to accept as damage (anything below this is just ignored)
Max joules taken before breaking (any combo of damaging adding up to or exceeding this amount breaks object)

59 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Is this the new anti tank object? How is it  used compared to our current x-cross objects? 

Im not sure i'd call it an anti tank object, ive not gotten to test what ever the final values are for damage etc,, but i am pretty sure it wont have the staying power
of an iron hedgehog or a sand bag.
Id expect a tank would just light it up and that's the end of it.
It's only anti tank in that we do not presently have impact derived damage, or ramming it with a tank would crush it.

wire is for interfering with infantry ingress/egress, but doesn't make for any permanent blockade if you used it in a set and forget manner.
If you set up wire to stop people, you should have someone keep watch on it and shoot them while they are hindered, lest they take down your wire.
And again, bullets go right through the wire, so dont hide behind it.

Sure hope we can place next to bldgs - this not allowing PPOs to be placed close to other objects is hindering.

PPOs should be placeable nearly anywhere - even if clipping or in other terrain;  part of the defensive build up.

Right now way to much space between PPOs and other objects - need to cut the distance.

Let the players build great fortifications with closely set PPOs.

Personally , I think PPOs should be allowed in bldgs too.  And abutted adjacent too.

Edited by delems

Wire is used to stop enemy troops, to delay enemy troops, and to channel enemy troops to where you want them to go (usually preferable to where they wish to go).

I am excited for the defensive options this opens up.

Some/most of the veteran/good players are going to have to rethink a lot of things in days to come, as with increasing defensive options comes increasing chances of dying before reaching the objective.  It is, imho, going to increase the need for teamplay, as opposed to some of the stuff I see happening on attacks these days.

On another note:  Gunshields on 88s!  I'm not going to say I'm looking forward to a return of the line of 88s shelling a given town the Allies are attempting to hold, because they wreak havoc, but in all reality I am really looking forward to seeing a line of 88s shelling the town the Allies are attempting to hold, despite being an Allied only player.  In the early days, it was one of the truly 'holy sheet' moments provided by this game, and I look forward to its return.

S!

Edited by augetout

I would personally also support the idea to try a zero separation distance between barbered wire and other objects. But then everyone should carry some tools to remove it.

5 hours ago, delems said:

Personally , I think PPOs should be allowed in bldgs too.  And abutted adjacent too.

gets a bit weird when you go to enter a building and find a gun bunker stuck inside it
or you are trying to exit it (like spawning at a depot)

Edited by Merlin51

Day 7 of WWII Online

A22 Churchill MK VIII CS Featuring the QF 95mm Howitzer with HE, HEAT, and SMOKE rounds

2 people like this

*** or you are trying to exit it (like spawning at a depot)

Simple enough, spawn rifle and place HE at door - bye bye PPO.

Hoping our Sd Kfz 7/2 gets a facelift..... be nice to see the Flak 36/37 gun artwork on that face, not an ugly bofors.

Maybe Flak 38 soon?

Edited by delems

39 minutes ago, delems said:

Simple enough, spawn rifle and place HE at door - bye bye PPO.

Except no HE if you just spawned a truck, or LMG, or MLE 1934, etc, and find some nitwit on your own side named JimJones has just sealed you in your own spawn.
People are going to get mad, very mad.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, Zebbeee said:

HCs are free to organize an international summit on neutral territory and define formal rules of engagement with these HC-placed FRUs.

Lol that will last about a second.

1 person likes this

cool stuff - a slightly longer linger per slide might be nice ... but likely doesn't line up with the song too so i get it. just saying they fly by.

1 person likes this

Thank you Rats.

Appreciate all the effort and anything new to the game is more than welcome.

A doubt   regarding Panzer III ausf L

Which tier is it coming to play?

1 person likes this