SCKING

12 days of WWIIOL

99 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

Not unless it can fly.  Remember, Xoom said "WWII Online is about to get a big Christmas present this year, which will include several new vehicles both on the ground and in the air..."  So far, none of the tanks in the 12 Days can fly, so that leaves only Day 12 for the  "in the air" part.

HANS-HEMMERT-59.jpg?resize=236,151

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to acknowledge: This will be the single biggest Christmas patch in many, many years.

Thanks CRS.

S!

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, xanthus said:

Just want to acknowledge: This will be the single biggest Christmas patch in many, many years.

Thanks CRS.

S!

ever as i recall. do note the amount of stuff dropping in this patch. we've never had this much in one go round - not even close. 

 

one question that was never answered, because i don't think it was asked. the 190a3 - it was fairly standard for bomb laden 190s to only have 2 cannon in the wings. later with the G mark they dropped the nose MGs too having just the 2 x mg151/20s. what do we have? the full normal 190 gun loadout or 2 x mg17 and 2 x mg151/20 in the wing roots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question reference the 190a3 jabo, will find out tomorrow. 

Edited by raptor34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, madrebel said:

ever as i recall. do note the amount of stuff dropping in this patch. we've never had this much in one go round - not even close. 

 

one question that was never answered, because i don't think it was asked. the 190a3 - it was fairly standard for bomb laden 190s to only have 2 cannon in the wings. later with the G mark they dropped the nose MGs too having just the 2 x mg151/20s. what do we have? the full normal 190 gun loadout or 2 x mg17 and 2 x mg151/20 in the wing roots?

 

2x20mm MGFF, 2x20mm MG151, and 2x7.9mm MG17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, madrebel said:

ever as i recall. do note the amount of stuff dropping in this patch. we've never had this much in one go round - not even close. 

 

one question that was never answered, because i don't think it was asked. the 190a3 - it was fairly standard for bomb laden 190s to only have 2 cannon in the wings. later with the G mark they dropped the nose MGs too having just the 2 x mg151/20s. what do we have? the full normal 190 gun loadout or 2 x mg17 and 2 x mg151/20 in the wing roots?

I dont know that answer perhaps @HATCH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SCKING said:

 

2x20mm MGFF, 2x20mm MG151, and 2x7.9mm MG17

gunna be a rough tier2 for the RaF without the tiffy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early returns are starting to come in on the new patch.

I think it is a significant leap forward for the game, and my thanks go to CRS for popping a bunch of stuff into the game simultaneously.

 

Fellow players:  Geez, we need to lighten up just a tick.  A, it's Christmas.  B, we just got a lot of stuff, and of course it's going to take us awhile to get a handle on how the new stuff/changes are going to effect gameplay.

 

This new CRS might end up making some huge errors, who knows?  One thing is for sure though:  The errors won't be born of standing pat and hoping for the best.  They are actively seeking ways of attracting more players, and invigorating us 'old' players.  The patience we used to be asked to give, well, I hate to say it but we should probably have some patience now.  Maybe back in the day that patience was wasted, but I think 2018 shows that things are different now.  If mistakes are made, my bet is they will be quick to seek better solutions.  I'm looking forward to 2019, to see what else they come up with.

 

In the meantime you'll see me attempting to kill germans in between OCD building sessions as an engineer.

 

S! and Merry Christmas

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, augetout said:

In the meantime you'll see me attempting to kill germans in between OCD building sessions as an engineer.

Yes, thanks very much for the bullets as i was almost home free to the bunker in Mendig

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

Yes, thanks very much for the bullets as i was almost home free to the bunker in Mendig

Serves you right for turning to the darkside after all the times we have held bunkers together.  ;)

 

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, augetout said:

If mistakes are made, my bet is they will be quick to seek better solutions.

we absolutely must criticize them...

we'd still have the 3min FMS build times, 20 RPATS, glass FB's, and first pass grease gun if not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, major0noob said:

we absolutely must criticize them...

 first pass grease gun

 

FG42 is by far the most sexy god damn weapon in game, I wanna go back Axis just for this weapon and stealing Dandare's kills, so why cry about the grease.

Tommy gun is way better then the grease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bus0 said:

 

FG42 is by far the most sexy god damn weapon in game, I wanna go back Axis just for this weapon and stealing Dandare's kills, so why cry about the grease.

Tommy gun is way better then the grease.

it's not side bias, both sides agreed the grease gun was awful, and it's not about crying as well: the quality of the weapons should not be as low as the first pass grease gun. i think you forgot just how bad it was.

if we did not complain, it'd still be that bad, and the standards of new weapons would have followed it's example.

 

the rats are making progress, but don't dismiss our criticisms. it is helping them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even in its current state I'm not a big 'Grease' fanboy...

at the intro of the grease it became apparent from the get go it sucked balls, even the slowest at CRS became aware of the discrepancy pretty quickly, jab, I still prefer the ol'french smg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't a grease gun thread but ..... Grease gun and Sten are the best SMG's the Allies have. Not much of a debate on that in my mind.

The French SMG can't even hold the grease gun's jock strap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, madrebel said:

gunna be a rough tier2 for the RaF without the tiffy. 

RAF barely flies in T2 anyway.  It's not as bad as T0 but the F4 trumps any T2 ride already.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, major0noob said:

we absolutely must criticize them...

we'd still have the 3min FMS build times, 20 RPATS, glass FB's, and first pass grease gun if not.

I am not saying folks shouldn't criticize, just noticing that the tenor of said criticism tends to be way too negative way too quickly.  Case in point being the new truck noises----they sucked and we all said they sucked back in 2001.  CRS fixes them with authentic audio, and immediately people are blowing gaskets about 'why change the truck noises?', etc.  Another case in point:  LMG rambo fix IDEA thread results in multiple threats to unsubscribe if CRS fixes what we all know to be an issue, i.e. LMGs running around like SMGs.

 

I was just asking for the tone to be dialed down significantly, as it is clear that this new CRS is far more aggressive in seeking changes to improve things, which will undoubtedly result in some booboos along the way.

 

Having left the game when the downward slide picked up pace (circa 2007ish, and due to wife issues, not the game), and having comeback full force in the last year (i popped into the game here and there in the interim years), it is clear that things have changed for the better.

 

S!

Edited by augetout
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.