• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      Hells Gate   03/24/2019

      Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
OHM

Tier changes and other stuff

231 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, stankyus said:

You misread me, I fear the jpz4/l70 more than the panther.

Oh, yea those will be sneaky little bastages i am sure.
Their downside being the lack of turret, which will hang the same people that try to engage the stug like it's a tank and get wacked in the side.

For someone who wants to play it like the thing it is, a hunter, it ought to wack a few things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jwilly said:

I thought the E through G all had 25mm bolted on the glacis?

I think maybe he meant the panther?
The pz38(t) ausf G is bolt on plates of additional frontal armor, but no change to the rest i dont think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jwilly said:

I thought the E through G all had 25mm bolted on the glacis?

Yes, they did but the overall effectiveness is about 47mm. That puts in in the range of vulnerability frontally at about 650-600 to the s35 if I am remembering correctly. The 37mm on the 38t can punch through the S35 at about 550-500m lower front hull. That's a vast improvement for frontal engagement. Again I'm going off what iirc to penetration data but I think I'm well in the infield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XOOM said:

Who said anything about "demanding" anything, let alone purely positive commentary? Criticism is criticism, it is lacking an important and productive component: constructiveness. 

I surround myself in our organization and in my life around people who will speak their mind and stand up for what they believe in. Without it, everyone will tell you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear to make better choices. That's called leadership, and I don't think you know me well enough as an individual to make an assertion like that as you did here, in fact it kind of pisses me off because it's 100% counter intuitive to who I am.

Like or not, CRS does not have a good reputation when it comes to taking criticism.   It's a perception that is very old and fair or not still exists.  http://mmofallout.com/wwii-online-removed-from-mmorpg-com-by-cornered-rat-software/  Example:  Not so very long ago I thought my original squad was going to come back to the game.  They were planning to for nostalgia purposes and had not played since about 2005.  I had hounded them for more than a decade to do so and the excuse was always that they had moved on to WOW and didn't want to pay two subscriptions.  They approached me about coming back a few months ago.  What stopped them was a singular player ban.  When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism.  The 10 of them re-subscribed to WOW.  Fair or not, the perception still exists.  You may not like negativity on the forums but at this point attacking players for negativity only reinforces the belief that CRS as a whole still doesn't take criticism well.  It's actually been a running joke with last squad I ran with and pretty much has it's own dedicated discord text channel.  It may [censored] you off and it may not be fair but the perception is still there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Oh, yea those will be sneaky little bastages i am sure.
Their downside being the lack of turret, which will hang the same people that try to engage the stug like it's a tank and get wacked in the side.

For someone who wants to play it like the thing it is, a hunter, it ought to wack a few things.

lol that's what I said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

I think maybe he meant the panther?
The pz38(t) ausf G is bolt on plates of additional frontal armor, but no change to the rest i dont think?

Two different posts.

First, not too worried about the panther with 17pder apcbc ammo, fear more the jpz4 L/70.

 

second post was about being surprised the 38t ausfG was not done which was a easy upgrade the could improve the Axis t0 tanking.. something it needs rather ... 17 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, minky said:

Like or not, CRS does not have a good reputation when it comes to taking criticism.   It's a perception that is very old and fair or not still exists.  http://mmofallout.com/wwii-online-removed-from-mmorpg-com-by-cornered-rat-software/  Example:  Not so very long ago I thought my original squad was going to come back to the game.  They were planning to for nostalgia purposes and had not played since about 2005.  I had hounded them for more than a decade to do so and the excuse was always that they had moved on to WOW and didn't want to pay two subscriptions.  They approached me about coming back a few months ago.  What stopped them was a singular player ban.  When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism.  The 10 of them re-subscribed to WOW.  Fair or not, the perception still exists.  You may not like negativity on the forums but at this point attacking players for negativity only reinforces the belief that CRS as a whole still doesn't take criticism well.  It's actually been a running joke with last squad I ran with and pretty much has it's own dedicated discord text channel.  It may [censored] you off and it may not be fair but the perception is still there.  

Before I fall into your trap, I'm going to go back to what I do: Deliver, not talk.

S! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Just FYI, I'm surprised to not see the 38t ausfG was not a part, it certainly would close the distance in t0 and further improve the Axis tanking in T0. I think it's only a armor change.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it would close the distance between the S35 to about 600m, where the s35 starts to become vulnerable to the 37mm on the 38t... which is about 500m.. I think. Going off the top of my head.

The G is in the can - up to crs to decide when they drop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, minky said:

When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism

Saronin, curious which player are you talking about?

I'm asking for a friend:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, minky said:

Like or not, CRS does not have a good reputation when it comes to taking criticism.   It's a perception that is very old and fair or not still exists.  http://mmofallout.com/wwii-online-removed-from-mmorpg-com-by-cornered-rat-software/  Example:  Not so very long ago I thought my original squad was going to come back to the game.  They were planning to for nostalgia purposes and had not played since about 2005.  I had hounded them for more than a decade to do so and the excuse was always that they had moved on to WOW and didn't want to pay two subscriptions.  They approached me about coming back a few months ago.  What stopped them was a singular player ban.  When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism.  The 10 of them re-subscribed to WOW.  Fair or not, the perception still exists.  You may not like negativity on the forums but at this point attacking players for negativity only reinforces the belief that CRS as a whole still doesn't take criticism well.  It's actually been a running joke with last squad I ran with and pretty much has it's own dedicated discord text channel.  It may [censored] you off and it may not be fair but the perception is still there.  

Any organization has to be able to take heat - even more importantly it has to be able to be honest with itself. Anything less and it ultimately will fail.

where you draw the lines is up to each individual...it's ok to have decisions go against you. It comes with business. More frustrating are decisions that go against without any reason or reasonable data to back them.  Even more  frustrating than that (to me personally) is shooting from the hip without understanding what the impacts of said decisions will be. 

If any of these become a pattern..then you have to be honest with yourself about the likely success of the endeavor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, minky said:

Like or not, CRS does not have a good reputation when it comes to taking criticism.   It's a perception that is very old and fair or not still exists.  http://mmofallout.com/wwii-online-removed-from-mmorpg-com-by-cornered-rat-software/  Example:  Not so very long ago I thought my original squad was going to come back to the game.  They were planning to for nostalgia purposes and had not played since about 2005.  I had hounded them for more than a decade to do so and the excuse was always that they had moved on to WOW and didn't want to pay two subscriptions.  They approached me about coming back a few months ago.  What stopped them was a singular player ban.  When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism.  The 10 of them re-subscribed to WOW.  Fair or not, the perception still exists.  You may not like negativity on the forums but at this point attacking players for negativity only reinforces the belief that CRS as a whole still doesn't take criticism well.  It's actually been a running joke with last squad I ran with and pretty much has it's own dedicated discord text channel.  It may [censored] you off and it may not be fair but the perception is still there.  

Perception is everything. 

I don't agree with XOOM on many things over the past and even now. However I am still here, he has not banned me... lol yet. I think I can be very critical, even on the edge of TOS at times because I don't come across well at times on he forums.  That being said, I have to give some serious props to XOOM. We have had PM discussions and even a few phone calls. I say exactly what I feel and think to his face and yet I'm still here because not all was very flattering. I have told him some very hard things to say... thinking while I said it, though truth be spoken I was going bye, bye. Nope, we talked through it. I might not like the answers, some I like, some where understandings that just can't be said because the box CRS in a corner etc.. 

 

So that being said, I hope to dispel some of the perception that XOOM is not listening. listening is often equated to doing. That's a fallacy, listening is a far distance to doing. He is listening but weighing with if it's a good idea, feasibility, direction, and playability.  As far as balance and strict date entrances, we have odds but I'll win him over in time.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, minky said:

Like or not, CRS does not have a good reputation when it comes to taking criticism.   It's a perception that is very old and fair or not still exists.  http://mmofallout.com/wwii-online-removed-from-mmorpg-com-by-cornered-rat-software/  Example:  Not so very long ago I thought my original squad was going to come back to the game.  They were planning to for nostalgia purposes and had not played since about 2005.  I had hounded them for more than a decade to do so and the excuse was always that they had moved on to WOW and didn't want to pay two subscriptions.  They approached me about coming back a few months ago.  What stopped them was a singular player ban.  When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums they turned on a dime and decided CRS was still unable to take criticism.  The 10 of them re-subscribed to WOW.  Fair or not, the perception still exists.  You may not like negativity on the forums but at this point attacking players for negativity only reinforces the belief that CRS as a whole still doesn't take criticism well.  It's actually been a running joke with last squad I ran with and pretty much has it's own dedicated discord text channel.  It may [censored] you off and it may not be fair but the perception is still there.  

Back in the several years when I helped with the public forums, I don't recall anyone being banned for criticizing CRS. All of the disciplinary measures were because of badmouthing other players, posting things that could get CRS in legal trouble, and other obviously-antisocial behavior.

Back then,there were a lot of gamers that wanted a gaming environment to be a rules-free zone...as a change of pace from the rest of their lives, I suppose...ignoring that CRS itself is subject to rules, and that CRS has other customers (current and prospective) that don't have that personality type, and prefer a more socialized environment. Of course, that was just my experience a few years ago. Maybe no one is like that anymore.

It's always seemed to me that CRS...old and new...paid more objective attention to community input than any other competing game company. Individual bug reports, of course, but also statistical data as to general preferences for how the game should work. Some of the competing game companies had more loosely managed forums, but that was an illusion because input by and large didn't affect the game's evolution...even if the forums were told it did.

A key consideration in the past, however...and maybe still today...is individual player self-importance. If Player X posts that ABC should be changed, and ABC isn't changed right away, Player X complains to his friends and anyone else that will read his posts that CRS ignores players. Not true, but it's common for players to fail to recognize that individual preferences on one side aren't how you increase revenue...it's majority preferences on both sides that matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Any organization has to be able to take heat - even more importantly it has to be able to be honest with itself. Anything less and it ultimately will fail.

where you draw the lines is up to each individual...it's ok to have decisions go against you. It comes with business. More frustrating are decisions that go against without any reason or reasonable data to back them.  Even more  frustrating than that (to me personally) is shooting from the hip without understanding what the impacts of said decisions will be. 

If any of these become a pattern..then you have to be honest with yourself about the likely success of the endeavor. 

And CRS takes heat on a daily basis, from all angles, and for all reasons, some of them even internally with unrealistic expectations in terms of delivery and available resources to achieve them. 

Yet here we are. The members of our organization who can handle that, are still here, because they believe in the bigger picture and realize that as with life things are give and take. We may not always get things exactly as we want them around here, and I add myself into that equation. Even when I am most adamant that my way is correct, I still take a moment to step back and evaluate what my team is saying, because I trust their unfiltered judgement. More than that, I have taken their advice because I am capable enough to realize I don't know it all and their way can be better.

I'd add yourself into that equation as well with regards to taking your advice even when I believed it not to be correct, initially. Not always, but there has been demonstrable times, as there has been with several other team members. That's why what we have works, patience, compromise, understanding. Those are key considerations to how our organization operates today, it is a given.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

Saronin, curious which player are you talking about?

I'm asking for a friend:huh:

As many times as I’ve been on timeout over the years  ... to get a full ban you’d need to be a giant [censored]. Like, collosal  douche. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, XOOM said:

And CRS takes heat on a daily basis, from all angles, and for all reasons, some of them even internally with unrealistic expectations in terms of delivery and available resources to achieve them. 

Yet here we are. The members of our organization who can handle that, are still here, because they believe in the bigger picture and realize that as with life things are give and take. We may not always get things exactly as we want them around here, and I add myself into that equation. Even when I am most adamant that my way is correct, I still take a moment to step back and evaluate what my team is saying, because I trust their unfiltered judgement. More than that, I have taken their advice because I am capable enough to realize I don't know it all and their way can be better.

I'd add yourself into that equation as well with regards to taking your advice even when I believed it not to be correct, initially. Not always, but there has been demonstrable times, as there has been with several other team members. That's why what we have works, patience, compromise, understanding. Those are key considerations to how our organization operates today, it is a given.

True - but you know very well my reason for departing had -nothing- to do with being able to 'take heat'. I've taken far more heat in other careers than anything the game could ever dish out. I believe in the vision...always have...but I also believe that we (the royal 'we' here) have had long enough to effect change and achieve the original vision...to at least some degree. Of course it's resource constrained...it will always be. The player base, however, has been incredibly patient in that regard...the resource pool has increased. 

I am unaware of a single instance in which the information you were given with regards to armor or ballistics was ever in error. I will admit to making some mistakes in units and math when pushed to deliver quick calculations...lol..human nature. I'm not perfect - no one is. Very glad the system has built in checks to preclude that. That same system needs to be applied uniformly to include leadership. 

I think what I'm aligned on here is the bigger picture. The chance of getting to a good end game in something less than four lifetimes. I don't have that kind of time any more...many people do not. The team should accept that and act accordingly (the royal we again)

The team is far better off than it was when I first came on board. Of that there is no doubt. I have no doubt the potential is there...but the clock is ticking and other titles abound. We all know that. 

 The question is how to best get to an end game that is  truthful, honest, and without bias....what our original box promised the player base...well that and suceeding financially.

No news in any of this...performance and accountability are a two way street. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, minky said:

When they learned a player was banned from the game itself for arguing and getting irritated on the forums

No one gets banned from the game just for arguing and getting irritated on the forums.
FORUM < -------------------------------> GAME
2 different things, and no one here  perma banns from either unless they do something that the person already knows is damned well bad enough to get them
perma banned from anyone's forums or game except maybe 4chan.

You could go in game and go on a tirade in the side channel annoying the entire sides playerbase, and you'd only get a temp vacation out of it after several repeated warnings.
unless you made it your mission to keep doing it every time you come back, at which point it is not CRS you are punishing, you are punishing every
other person playing the game cause they kind of need those game channel to play, for your repeated total disregard for the other players, you might very well get an until further notice vacation.

On the forums, unless you come in and threaten to come to someone's house and go all buffalo bill it puts the lotion on it's skin psycho
you are probably not going to wind up on a permanent axe list.

I'm thinking this story has some more detail to it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@scotsmanI personally understood xoom's quote as " incorrect vision at first regarding other mainstream expectations or opinions", nothing regarding personal contributions :)

For years I have been known by CRS as offering both fierce critics as soon as I believed something wasn't done right. But  also as someone offering alternatives. Ask @DOCwhat he reminds of me 10 years ago. Hint: look at what I was honored with when someone wrote wtf in the chat channel:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/51/6/1545463008-977015zebbeeechatwtf.jpg

Still only about 5% of my own expectations reach higher levels. And I am happy most of the time when I understand why I would have been mistaken to keep my idea as it was formulated. Still it helps to take a step back and rise relevant questions, eventually. That's why I like to post in the forums and take feedbacks.

About proposing alternatives, many forget that this single addition to a topic magically transforms it into a constructive post.

It's very hard to get clear and complete information (as did scotsman on weapons, or what we can get from surveys and such), but it's even harder to do something with it (xoom's job) because players don't all want the same or because of ressources.

However, if we forget to understand this last step (xoom's one), then people should write in their personal blogs and don't seek for feedbacks here.

Hearing players being desapointed and some others very happy happens  EACH TIME ANY decision is made, it's just statistics. Everyone will get something at some time. Let's just give constructive feedbacks to help CRS judge were the priorities should be, despite its resources being just recently fully operational in all departments. The work has just begun...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

No one gets banned from the game just for arguing and getting irritated on the forums.
FORUM < -------------------------------> GAME
2 different things, and no one here  perma banns from either unless they do something that the person already knows is damned well bad enough to get them
perma banned from anyone's forums or game except maybe 4chan.

You could go in game and go on a tirade in the side channel annoying the entire sides playerbase, and you'd only get a temp vacation out of it after several repeated warnings.
unless you made it your mission to keep doing it every time you come back, at which point it is not CRS you are punishing, you are punishing every
other person playing the game cause they kind of need those game channel to play, for your repeated total disregard for the other players, you might very well get an until further notice vacation.

On the forums, unless you come in and threaten to come to someone's house and go all buffalo bill it puts the lotion on it's skin psycho
you are probably not going to wind up on a permanent axe list.

I'm thinking this story has some more detail to it?

 

I can say with certainty that much of what you said here is false. A first ban from the forums can in fact be a perma ban from both the game and the forums not a “temp vacation” from either. Things like that only add to past perceptions that CRS can’t stand in there and take the criticism punch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, minky said:

I can say with certainty that much of what you said here is false. A first ban from the forums can in fact be a perma ban from both the game and the forums not a “temp vacation” from either. Things like that only add to past perceptions that CRS can’t stand in there and take the criticism punch.  

Can you give a name (or at least PM the Rats one) so they can get a better handle on the situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, minky said:

I can say with certainty that much of what you said here is false. A first ban from the forums can in fact be a perma ban from both the game and the forums not a “temp vacation” from either. Things like that only add to past perceptions that CRS can’t stand in there and take the criticism punch.  

Pm me a name and I will look into it. 

I don't recall anyone being permabanned in my tennure but I just took this role last February

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are 2 types of bans 

The 1st is cheating if anyone gets caught cheat gets a warning and if they continue they get perma banned .   We have unbanned players who were caught cheating. Some play fair and enjoy the game for what it is. We have also had players who were unbanned and decided to cheat again. Those players will never be allowed to play again as they can not be trusted. 

The 2nd is customers who go over the top with there view of the game,  other players and people who work for the game.  

Now if someone has decided to attack anyone and do not listen to the warnings they get banned for a short time at 1st and if they continue the ban gets longer. At some point we take a look and make the decision to prevent them from attacking others permanently. 

Venting about the game in general is good ....but it is all about how it is done. For the most part we let our customers say what they want. When it becomes out right attacks is where we draw the line. We will not allow any talk about quitting and causing mass unsubs ei. "i am unsubing and takinging as many as i can with me" .    This is not the way  and i do not think any other game would allow this also. 

Over the years there have been players who were banned for really bad attacks on people and have been allowed back to the game over the years , some have been really great players since, but there have been some they have returned right back to the hate they have and try and spread it like a cancer. Some agree in how we have handle these people and there are others who don't.  But it is our game and we will continue to police it  the way we see fit.  

Just a FYI some of us at CRS have threaten with violence of the years and that is just sad beauce this is a game to have fun. 

 

This thread has gone off the main topic let's try and get back on the main topic please.  

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OHM said:

There are 2 types of bans 

The 1st is cheating if anyone gets caught cheat gets a warning and if they continue they get perma banned .   We have unbanned players who were caught cheating. Some play fair and enjoy the game for what it is. We have also had players who were unbanned and decided to cheat again. Those players will never be allowed to play again as they can not be trusted. 

The 2nd is customers who go over the top with there view of the game,  other players and people who work for the game.  

Now if someone has decided to attack anyone and do not listen to the warnings they get banned for a short time at 1st and if they continue the ban gets longer. At some point we take a look and make the decision to prevent them from attacking others permanently. 

Venting about the game in general is good ....but it is all about how it is done. For the most part we let our customers say what they want. When it becomes out right attacks is where we draw the line. We will not allow any talk about quitting and causing mass unsubs ei. "i am unsubing and takinging as many as i can with me" .    This is not the way  and i do not think any other game would allow this also. 

Over the years there have been players who were banned for really bad attacks on people and have been allowed back to the game over the years , some have been really great players since, but there have been some they have returned right back to the hate they have and try and spread it like a cancer. Some agree in how we have handle these people and there are others who don't.  But it is our game and we will continue to police it  the way we see fit.  

Just a FYI some of us at CRS have threaten with violence of the years and that is just sad beauce this is a game to have fun. 

 

This thread has gone off the main topic let's try and get back on the main topic please.  

Congratulations. You got 11 for the price of 1, a few more in current squads, and decreased play time in others. Efficiency. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bersi said:

is there a list with the new tier setups?

No there is nothing released to the public as of yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.