Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badgnus

Battle Plan

3 posts in this topic

Hypothetical situation:

You have eight (you can change the number if it makes more sense) guys that are tasked to capture Mean.  You have the Marche link to Mean with the fb.  What do you see as the eight critical roles each player should assume and what should they spawn to fill those roles?   I realize that roles and equipment will change as the battle progresses.  The guy that was guarding the fms with an LMG may be of more use as an ATG after you cap the spawnable.  I am just curious what kind of plan you think would work best.  

If I had 7 other guys I could count on to do what I asked, I'd probably tell them all to bring FMSs and have them all wait outside of EWS range until everyone is ready to cross the EWS threshold at once.  Then once the FMS are in place, I'd have 6 of the 8 spawn infantry while the remaining 2 spawned armor AND advertised their FMS on Side/Ops to get infantry to spawn and support the incoming armor.  Then I'd have the 6 infantry previously mentioned rally at one particular spot, wait until flags are hot, then hit the same CP together (preferably the spawnable, but warpables are also viable targets depending on FMS placement and enemy activity).  The capture would hopefully coincide with the arrival of the armor support, giving you a foothold in the town proper while allowing probing forces to attack along the entire perimeter of the town from the various FMS.  

If the game had more population (like... a lot more), you could think more in terms of zones of control, with supporting elements of ATGs and armor.  Today (because of population), it's less about attrition and more about surprise than ever before.  

Load em up on a truck after timer is ready, hot drop March’s CP, Cap bunker FTW 

Keep it simple

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0