Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xanthus

"Infantry damage from fragmentation improved"

26 posts in this topic

Good news.

Does this also encompass gun crews and vehicle drivers/commanders?

1 person likes this

Looking good boys  ,wonder how this  barbwire gonna do to enemy  ? how long can it  hold them , can it do any damage to anything that come across ? ?  

88 get a Shield  :D,

aww  no panther , king tiger and quad AA bofor for axis  against firefly  :(

1 person likes this

Just now, texasjay said:

how long can it  hold them , can it do any damage to anything that come across ? ?  

It can hold them until they blow it up
Is only barbed wire after all.
But bullets go through it, so if you use it as part of an active movement denial solution, you can shoot them while they are trying to remove it

2 minutes ago, texasjay said:

aww  no panther , king tiger and quad AA bofor

well panther is a totally new vehicle, those take longer
Konig Tiger would be same modeling wise, but probably needs a few other non model related supporting mechanisms for it to exist in proper fashion
(Not to mention probably a lot of patience driving to battle LOL)

I don't think the Axis used a quad mount bofors, they really did not heavily use the bofors at all.
Once the Flak 37 is in game in a towed fashion, they wont have to borrow the bofors anymore.
(Ever marked a distant AA gun only to find out it was friendly? lol)

I've seen a quad flakveirling (flak38), but i dont think i have seen more than a twin flak 37?
did you mean the quad 20mm?

Offhand, i am only remembering a quad bofors in like a naval mounting

Panther would be nice, but it would also involve a lot of work. The Firefly already had the Sherman chassis modeled, as well as the 17 pounder already modeled. So it was a quick tank that could be made.

we saw an improvement but it’s still not the hollywood style explosion with bodies flying everywhere that some are expecting.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, xanthus said:

Does barbed wire hurt inf if they touch it or try to move through it?

Not presently.
That is something we would have to explore, having a non vehicle, non ammunition world object emit damage in a timed fashion
X damage per tick

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, xanthus said:

Does barbed wire hurt inf if they touch it or try to move through it?

no.. we talked about that for the future though

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I've seen a quad flakveirling (flak38), but i dont think i have seen more than a twin flak 37?

There was no German naval quad FlaK 28 (i.e. Bofors). A quad FlaK 28 on land would have been too heavy and large for any practically available mobile platform. There also was no dual FlaK 28 in German service.

There was a naval dual FlaK gun ("FlaKZwilling") in 3.7cm caliber, the M/42. It was basically the FlaK 36/37 3.7cm re-designed with longer barrels for higher muzzle velocity and therefore flatter trajectory, plus with construction using corrosion resistant materials for use in salt water environments.

37_mm_Flak_M42_LM42U.png

AFAIK there were no dual ("FlaKZwilling") versions of the FlaK 36/37, only singles. As far as mobile mounting was concerned, the heaviest practical mobile platform, the PzKpfW IV chassis, was only designed for a single gun in both the Ostwind and Mobilwagen versions.

The later FlaK 43 version, I think first fielded in 1944, was built in a Zwilling configuration. I don't know of any mobile version, though.

This? Could be a T4 thing.
Probably a mother of all ammo eaters lol
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1957-32,_Nord

Flakzwilling 43

a63737e061c58248aa17971ab3ec02d6.jpg

weapon_flak18363743_4.jpg

In SPAA form the Ostwind II never happened :( 

This little guy did though, he looks fun
Wirbelwind_CFB_Borden_3.jpg

1 person likes this

I do notice a difference with HE. I landed an HE round around 6 feet away from an ei with pak36 after patch and it killed him. Likewise was killed as inf by a CS matty cannon that hit around 10 feet away.

Edited by dfir3
2 people like this

8 minutes ago, dfir3 said:

I do notice a difference with HE

Yea i took damage from something that blew up outside the depot office window.
It like hit the window frame and i got hurt.

damned new infantry hardness lol

I wish i could say i tested it with grenades.
I wish i could but so far all ive done is bounce my own grenade back in my face.
The door moved, honest...

1 person likes this

Where is my Stug3g with a MG ?  <---- and yes I'm still singing it in the 12 days of Christmas theme.

Really was looking forward to it with the Sideskirt, wasn't the 4G supposed to come too with the mod of Sideskirt? 

2 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Where is my Stug3g with a MG ?

Not forgotten, but i think it's a bit harder to do as it requires some rigging and animations
and probably some new controls to operate it

15 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Where is my Stug3g with a MG ?  <---- and yes I'm still singing it in the 12 days of Christmas theme.

Really was looking forward to it with the Sideskirt, wasn't the 4G supposed to come too with the mod of Sideskirt? 

They were pushed forward a bit for several reasons. Both need some more work; Q&A is overwhelmed already; they don't bring nearly as much new capability as the other items in the patch. Hopefully you won't have to wait for too long.

1 person likes this

I would agree that HE does feel a bit improved ... albeit after only one night of playing. GJ!

1 person likes this

On 12/21/2018 at 1:43 PM, jwilly said:

Good news.

Does this also encompass gun crews and vehicle drivers/commanders?

Negative, only inf atm.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, Merlin51 said:

This little guy did though, he looks fun
Wirbelwind_CFB_Borden_3.jpg

Get the marshmellows ready!

On 12/22/2018 at 2:14 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

I tried grenades against myself and it didn't work well; need more testing

so did i, just outside the poof there's a chance for damage and a lower chance for death

just inside the poof there's (almost) assured damage and a chance for death

about 2m, its almost always a kill

still, the rifle grenades perform the best, with sure kills consistently in the poof (been this way even before the last few patches)

haven't had much experience with other HE, the playerbase lost faith in HE rounds long ago so they don't use them as much as MG's

can you guys bring back the grenade targeting and make it optional?

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

can you guys bring back the grenade targeting and make it optional?

Are you serious?

13 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

Are you serious?

yeah, if it's optional the realism guys shouldn't care much. it was useful for grenades

grenades in game are very inaccurate compared to IRL. it should be easy to get a nade in a window, but more often they completely miss.

13 minutes ago, major0noob said:

yeah, if it's optional the realism guys shouldn't care much. it was useful for grenades

grenades in game are very inaccurate compared to IRL. it should be easy to get a nade in a window, but more often they completely miss.

Hmm, horrifying.  Might as well do targetting pips for rifles.  Bleh.

Not to say there can't be improvements.  Animation is some sort of slider throw, something more like aligning the body along the throw would make it better.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0