• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redwing

New planes??

24 posts in this topic

while not in the campaign yet, you can play offline or in training, the Kittyhawk.. That thing is a work of art.. @Bmbm did any awesome job on that one inside and out

1 person likes this

As a bit of a USAAF/Air Corps history geek, the US planes leave a lot to be desired.

The P-38 has full invasion stripes, which were only used for one month.  The upper part of the fuselage and top of the wings then had the stripes removed in July of '44 and the stripes were entirely phased out by the end of the year.  The P-38F, which is what these are supposed to be, was replaced by the G model in early '43, and the J model in August '43.  The F wasn't even in service during the time invasion stripes were used.

The P-40 has the 325th Fighter Group's "checkertail" markings, but the 325th NEVER flew P-40s in Europe.  They never flew any missions against mainland Europe (Italy) while using the P-40, then transitioned to the P-47 before flying missions FROM Italy.  Plus, the US roundel used (with red outline) is one which was only used for two and a half months during 1943.

It would have been better for both planes to have plain green or green (upper)/gray (lower) paint schemes.

These points may seem minor, but they are points against the historical nature of the game.

Just my 2¢....

-Irish

Someday maybe there can be parametric substitution of artwork into an object's extensive model set/animations, so that fixes like this (or customization for any other reason) will be more feasible.

The US P-38 is getting an overhaul to rid it of stripes. Next release most likely. Looks pretty good too!

The P40 checkertail is what the boss ordered.

3 people like this

Perfect way for CRS to do some DLC... Historical skins with option to upgrade it to your liking within certain historical parameters.

On 12/22/2018 at 0:36 PM, aismov said:

Perfect way for CRS to do some DLC... Historical skins with option to upgrade it to your liking within certain historical parameters.

Oh this!  Yes indeed.  I would find some money in the couch cushions if necessary to get something like this.  Perhaps we could have a choice of two or three base paint schemes, then the ability to choose the fuselage code.  That would be great.

-Irish

1 person likes this

On 12/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, SCKING said:

while not in the campaign yet, you can play offline or in training, the Kittyhawk.. That thing is a work of art.. @Bmbm did any awesome job on that one inside and out

And why aren't they in game yet? Would take a minute to up the tier from 1 to 2. 

That is like saying, "Hey! These are the new toys you get for the Christmas patch! Buuuuut, you can't play with them for Christmas." 

Given how slow the RDP cycle is moving, should take another 3-4 days. Very Christmassy indeed. What makes it worse is we are 20 days into the map now and still in Tier 1.

Edited by zippy

39 minutes ago, zippy said:

And why aren't they in game yet? Would take a minute to up the tier from 1 to 2. 

That is like saying, "Hey! These are the new toys you get for the Christmas patch! Buuuuut, you can't play with them for Christmas." 

Given how slow the RDP cycle is moving, should take another 3-4 days. Very Christmassy indeed. What makes it worse is we are 20 days into the map now and still in Tier 1.

Not my department :) And as I said, you can play with them offline or on the training server, so "can't play with them" would be a lie..

I’m quite enjoying the longer tiers, it gives time for each tier to develop rather than rush to and stay in the top tier for the rest of the map. 

2 people like this

Yes, but at top tier, you can play stuff from all tiers to mix things up if things get boring. Granted it isn't in its prime tier but that makes things even more fun and challenging. Right now, things are just so stale. Thank god the F2 is playable now, otherwise I would have been flying the E4 straight for 20 days before.

And I'll just ignore the offline play comment... 

26 minutes ago, raptor34 said:

I’m quite enjoying the longer tiers, it gives time for each tier to develop rather than rush to and stay in the top tier for the rest of the map. 

I think it is a wide divide there

Part of the playerbase can't wait to reach top tier, and part does not like it when the tiers roll by so fast that they never get to settle in to what has just come out.

Me, everyone thinks i am nuts, but i like tier 0 the best.

The only planes i can sort of fly are there, the H75, the Blen mk I, the BF110 and a tiny bit on the 109 E1 (no idea why i can fly it, i'm not terribly good with it but)

Armorwise, i like when everyone has blown up all the B1's and Matilda's and PZIII/IV and the StuG's and S35'sand A13's and it devolves into PZIIc's and PZ38(t)'s and vickers and R35's
and scout cars and long range engagements are futile efforts at wasting ammo and so you have to get in close and charge

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, zippy said:

Well since we are in the middle of testing our new TOEs this campaign, this is also the first campaign in the last six that rdp is moving at the rate intended and we did not want to skew the data collecting.

2 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

I think it is a wide divide there

Part of the playerbase can't wait to reach top tier, and part does not like it when the tiers roll by so fast that they never get to settle in to what has just come out.

Me, everyone thinks i am nuts, but i like tier 0 the best.

The only planes i can sort of fly are there, the H75, the Blen mk I, the BF110 and a tiny bit on the 109 E1 (no idea why i can fly it, i'm not terribly good with it but)

Armorwise, i like when everyone has blown up all the B1's and Matilda's and PZIII/IV and the StuG's and S35'sand A13's and it devolves into PZIIc's and PZ38(t)'s and vickers and R35's
and scout cars and long range engagements are futile efforts at wasting ammo and so you have to get in close and charge

Tier 0 is my favourite as well, you are not alone there. A large part of why I find WW2OL interesting is because it attempts to simulate the early war and, in particular, the Battle of France. Personally I’d be most excited about a 1939 Poland expansion. S! 

2 people like this

2 hours ago, phenom said:

Fix the Tier or quit sending emails teasing  me about the patch for gods sake

Nothing broke with the Tiers.. We are in Tier1.. A lot of good things in the patch.. Been fun playing around with the new stuff, even if they aren't in this current campaign yet. Can play them on the training server with other players or in offline mode if you want to just check them out.

1 person likes this

I love Tier0 and Tier1 a lot. Don't get me wrong there is something magical about the Stug3G and later tier weapons. But I still like the early stuff.

Personally I've been enjoying the longer tiers as well. Gives you time to develop the weapons we currently have.

2 people like this

16 hours ago, SCKING said:

Nothing broke with the Tiers.. We are in Tier1.. A lot of good things in the patch.. Been fun playing around with the new stuff, even if they aren't in this current campaign yet. Can play them on the training server with other players or in offline mode if you want to just check them out.

Area 51 down as always on training server (all towns under Axis ownership) and playing offline is just bleak. What can one do offline besides spawn in, look at the planes gunsight and cockpit, and despawn. If you want to fly it around a bit you can but I pretty much know how it'll do anyway since it isn't a 'new' plane per se. So no point in telling people stuff is in-game if it isn't in the campaign server.

Edited by zippy

On 12/24/2018 at 11:34 PM, raptor34 said:

Tier 0 is my favourite as well, you are not alone there. A large part of why I find WW2OL interesting is because it attempts to simulate the early war and, in particular, the Battle of France. Personally I’d be most excited about a 1939 Poland expansion. S! 

That would be a WESTERN Poland expansion.  :D  A bit later, we could have Polish pilots start to spawn in with the RAF, but then there would have to be a way to simulate those crazy-azz, fearless mofos ingame.

-Irish

48 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

but then there would have to be a way to simulate those crazy-azz, fearless mofos ingame.

Simple.
Let me fly

You said nothing about skill, only crazy and fearless (you may translate that to stupid as you see fit)

14 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Simple.
Let me fly

You said nothing about skill, only crazy and fearless (you may translate that to stupid as you see fit)

That's exactly what a LOT of the Brits thought, especially when Polish pilots started returning with pieces of exploded German planes imbedded in theirs, from being so close to the explosions.

-Irish

Yeah the highest scoring squadron in the RAF in September 1940 when the Battle of Britain officially ended with the cancellation of Sealowe, was 303 Polish " Kosciuszko " squadron. 

Edited by DOC

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0