Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dusty1108

Why Cant the Game Just be 1944?

15 posts in this topic

Long time player started playing around 2003, played for a few years then checked out for over 7 years (Divorce and new wife long story) and now I am back. Still love the game and sincerely appreciate all the blood sweat and tears that the RATS put into this every day. Since I have been back and was able to play around with all the new weapons at intermission I have a question. I think that with all the effort the RATS put into developing all the new weapons why not just put all the "toys into the sandbox" and let all the weapons be available all the time? You still use the rank system to make folks earn the right to get better weapons but I think with everything at each sides disposal I think we could grow the game more. Players want all the toys and identify more with 1944 weapons than 1941 and I for sure have found the game more fun when all the later stage weapons are available . 

Just my two cents.

2 people like this

For as many players that only want late tier there are just as many that enjoy the early tiers as well

1 person likes this

There isn’t a full tiers worth of t4 gear anyway. Some here n there but in the air for instance none of the sides have a single 44 era plane.

Someday when the playerbase is big enough, and/or as an experimental project, maybe CRS could run a split event using instancing technology (such as what KFS1 was working on for Rapid Assault) to put the early tier players and the late tier players in the same world, but only seeing and interacting with the other players from their own period-game-instance.

My understanding per KFS1 comments was that that would be done in such a way that the GMs would be in both instances, so as to avoid that obvious manpower crunch issue.

My own view is that we should stick to the grand campaign 1939-1945, but in between we could have mini campaigns with set victory conditions and time frames so for example one mini campaign would be Bartle of the Bulge, another Normandy invasion, or Kasserine Pass mini campaign. In between mini campaigns would still have a short 2 day intermission to let everyone cool down. 

This way we still get the grand campaign with all trite, but also can have smaller ones with 1944 weapons. 

1 person likes this

My view is most games out there have late gear . I want to see early tiers the more the better, point, click kill is OK but real strategy is better. Matching each Tanks strength and weakness vs each other.

Edited by dre21
2 people like this

I posted a bit more on this but it would be different from the special events which are several hours. The mini-campaign would be closer to 3-7 days depending on the scenario/victory conditions. They could alternate with the current grand campaigns 1:1 or any number of ratios of one to the other.

Special events should still be a thing though. Channel Dash was still IMHO the best one.

Tigers and bazookas. Love the equipment, but if it was that the entire camp the game would get stale.

what keeps it fresh is the release of new equipment and the adaptation that’s needed in each tier. If day one there’s tigers and zooks running around it’ll ruin gameplay.

1 person likes this

/\

Agreed. Its the constant changing of the tiers, and the locations of fights that keep the game fresh. Tier 4 24/7 would get old, just like Tier 0 24/7 would get old. Gotta mix things up.

1 person likes this

To be all honest introduction of units at different times makes things actually rather interesting,  cause you don't necessarily have the counter part on the other side and one has to adapt and overcome. 

3 people like this

This little poll shows a preference of our forum users for staggered Tiers

I don't know if we could somehow activate an area in-game (area51?) and transform it into a kind of permanent battle arena with unlimited  equipment not yet/anymore available over the frontline? Training server options but integrated to the main server

6 hours ago, dre21 said:

To be all honest introduction of units at different times makes things actually rather interesting,  cause you don't necessarily have the counter part on the other side and one has to adapt and overcome. 

And THAT is sort of the whole point of following a historical timeline with as realistic equipment as possible. S!

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

This little poll shows a preference of our forum users for staggered Tiers

I don't know if we could somehow activate an area in-game (area51?) and transform it into a kind of permanent battle arena with unlimited  equipment not yet/anymore available over the frontline? Training server options but integrated to the main server

I would say that's an intermission gig only.

Area 51 for planes. Or the Knokke /Vliss corridor with Ports at Breskens and Vliss for Fairmiles and AAA. For the DD I have not come up with a solution yet.

Roermond would be a great INF place or any town that has 2 towns close by divided by a bridge plus light Armor and ATG

And 2 towns that have a great location for heavier Tank battles , can't think of a towns right now but I think almost any location on map would do. Depending if you rather have wide open area, hills or lots and lots of trees.

10 hours ago, HATCH said:

And THAT is sort of the whole point of following a historical timeline with as realistic equipment as possible. S!

S!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0