Mosizlak

Bofors gun shield.

47 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, madrebel said:

Your conflating my lengthy technical explanation to a simple absurd point. Humans eyes see much better than a flat monitor will ever allow. IRL, head movement u/d/s/s, torso movement u/d/s/s, and the brains ability to ‘draw’ a less obstructed view by biasing the view from a single eye afford a MUCH clearer image than the game allows.

THIS IS WHY RIFLE PEEP SIGHTS ARE GIGANTIC. <—where is the can of worms from this?

What about this are you missing and i’ll Try to clarify further.

*edit* https://visionaryeyecare.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/eye-test-find-your-blind-spot-in-each-eye/

your brain, in real time, works around your blind spots ... now you know. The same slight of hand is at play when views are partially obstructed, your brain tries to give you a view that is most beneficial to you at all times. Same underlying principles are at play with stereoscopic 3D and why stereoscopic 3D gives many a head ache ... you’re literally making your brain work extra hard. Refresh rates also play into that, but essentially you’re working your brain harder and getting fatigued.

So in other words you would like to look past or over , which can be achieved by letting CRS give us that option. 

I for one spawned the 88 today and do have to say the shield is nice , but I don't see where I'm going anymore . It would be nice if CRS would make it transparent maybe .

THIS IS WHY RIFLE PEEP SIGHTS ARE GIGANTIC. <—where is the can of worms from this? 

the slight difference is one is a peep gun sight the other is a metal plate in front of your nose.

I very well know what a blind spot is,  I drive Semi as a profession and deal with a huge blind spot on my right hand side on a daily basis and trust me I don't let my brain fill in what I think I should see . 

When I'm not sure I get out and look it's called GOAL in backing up operations, and on the highway you watch you mirrors more then just a glance and go yup its clear .

Edited by dre21

12 hours ago, dre21 said:

See MO , one asks nicely and brings in an idea and we get a nice response. Not saying you being upset is wrong or one should not speak up . But I think asking if it could be split is prop the better route . And more constructive.

Spawn in a cmle38. You can't see the commander...

That should be the same with the bofors, except you can't see the gun shield. Same thing.

They should have done this from the start, instead of gimping our limited AAA options. Honey? LOL, we've had tiers and tiers of new fighters and fighter bombers, yet we have the same old crap AA, and then they reduce the effectiveness of the crap we have. 

Sorry if I don't be uber nice to them and tell them how great they are doing and suck their D all the while they're screwing us AA guys. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Spawn in a cmle38. You can't see the commander...

That should be the same with the bofors, except you can't see the gun shield. Same thing.

They should have done this from the start, instead of gimping our limited AAA options. Honey? LOL, we've had tiers and tiers of new fighters and fighter bombers, yet we have the same old crap AA, and then they reduce the effectiveness of the crap we have. 

Sorry if I don't be uber nice to them and tell them how great they are doing and suck their D all the while they're screwing us AA guys. 

I'm not saying you are wrong , I'm just saying instead of going of the deep end right away inquire if this or that is possible. Like the 50/50 load out.

Heck if I would quit just because CRS still hasn't introduced a visual dmg model of ATG and AAA  I wouldn't be playing at all , you don't want to know how often I got killed by a damn ATG after I pumped in MG and Main gun rounds while he deploys and gets 1 or 2 shots of and kills my gunner rendering my Tank useless.  Or I watch a AAA push while I open up with Rifle or LMG  see see impact on Commander or Gunner take ur pick just to watch him deploy swing gun around and blows me away.

I have been asking for years ( since pretty much 2001 for a dmg model.) 

You come in here , I make a suggestion how about a 50/50 load out and you already have an answer it's doable by a Rat.   I still don't have a clear yes or no if we will ever see a dmg model for the AAA or ATG. And I have thrown out ideas after ideas from real simple ones (doable right now)  to more complex ones that would take awhile.

But more then it's on the list (which might or might not happen depending how urgent CRS thinks it is) we might never see it in game.

7 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

how great they are doing and suck their D all the while they're screwing us AA guys. 

I could understand this attitude if the people developing this game were being paid but when they are devoting their spare time to this project, doing their best to listen to the majority and improve things, then your attitude has to change.

Comments like this make me think f it, I'll use my spare time for something else.

Merry Christmas.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I could understand this attitude if the people developing this game were being paid but when they are devoting their spare time to this project, doing their best to listen to the majority and improve things, then your attitude has to change.

Comments like this make me think f it, I'll use my spare time for something else.

Merry Christmas.

There are people who, apart from whether we like or not like the latest changes, we appreciate the effort and the work. In my opinion this has been done with the greatest illusion, and I, and surely more people, we value the work, the illusion and the effort although some may think that the result has not been the best. Honestly I do not know how you hold this, I would have sent everything to the [censored] watching the attitude of many people.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Merry Christmas.

Agreed. Players need to be a bit more respectful of each other. There is no reason or need for profanity or non-constructive comments. 

I for one like the gun shields and news models and I think they look great. I've never fired an AA gun of any kind but I would presume that in RL the gun shield did block your view a fair amount.

That said I can see the concerns done gave voiced and agree that in lieu of load outs a split spawn pool may be a good option to make both sides happy.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Nick said:

pfKQyLD.png

1 person likes this

So to answer the question in the previous thread I made with the same topic:

No, it doesn't matter what angle I try to deploy the bofors, it always slides downhill, even with the slightest almost non visible slope.

As for the gunshield why not simply put it more to the right? EA flying from left to right is able to track even with the shield in place. right to left not so much. put the shield slightly more to the right so it centers with the sight. 50/50 with and without gunshield is also an option but I like the shield option, just make it playable

Well the shield has to be historically placed. There are options such as placing the commander in a different position.

If you want a fun view try pushing an 88 :D 

The old one two switch I see.

Get everyone on the AA sheilds then casually throw in that 88 shield. 

;)

Honestly though havent had had issues with it and shooting EA.  looks like it’s not even covering me.

7 hours ago, base21 said:

So to answer the question in the previous thread I made with the same topic:

No, it doesn't matter what angle I try to deploy the bofors, it always slides downhill, even with the slightest almost non visible slope.

As for the gunshield why not simply put it more to the right? EA flying from left to right is able to track even with the shield in place. right to left not so much. put the shield slightly more to the right so it centers with the sight. 50/50 with and without gunshield is also an option but I like the shield option, just make it playable

On the sliding
Go into the keymapper, and specifically for the bofors unit (each faction) and the 88
map the center brake key to your desired brake, and it wont slide.

Dont map it as the category in general or the individual units keymaps will over ride it.
It got remapped due to a large amount of user complaints that pulling the stick back would not back up because it also locked the brake

I tested this and was able to lock the bofors in place on dinant hill in the steep part

Edited by Merlin51
2 people like this

1 hour ago, lutenint said:

Honestly though havent had had issues with it and shooting EA.  looks like it’s not even covering me.

It isn't, not from EA
Only from ground fire.

1 hour ago, lutenint said:

then casually throw in that 88 shield. 

er, just to pull a few random old ones.

On 1/1/2014 at 1:22 AM, fafner said:

7) please add the FLAK 41 for tier 1. has shield negative elevation and the IMPROVED AMMO. or failing that CHANGE the AMMO for the flak36 at tier 1. as it is the flak36 is a joke.

On 7/11/2011 at 4:57 PM, vonhavel said:

And a gunshield.

On 10/30/2008 at 2:15 AM, timmy41 said:

Crap CRS at least put in some of the best weapons of the Axis ... Put in 88 gunshield

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

On the sliding
Go into the keymapper, and specifically for the bofors unit (each faction) and the 88
map the center brake key to your desired brake, and it wont slide.

Dont map it as the category in general or the individual units keymaps will over ride it.
It got remapped due to a large amount of user complaints that pulling the stick back would not back up because it also locked the brake

I tested this and was able to lock the bofors in place on dinant hill in the steep part

Thanks but each faction? LOL I'm not touching allied side S!

4 minutes ago, base21 said:

Thanks but each faction? LOL I'm not touching allied side S!

Just in case.
That way, in case you are hanging out with the french, you dont embarass yourself by rolling off a hill.

It's doing this because a unit specific keymap over rides a class keymap
and the default was changed cause people were pulling the stick back to reverse and not moving cause they were also applying the brakes.

i rolled off the cliff several times getting it sorted LoL

Again put both guns with and with out shield in the list..

Work can continue on refining the POV with shield on all guns as well as 88...

No one has been alienated and the shields can get sorted...

Cheers Monty

Don't split the supply 50/50 with or without a shield;  just allow the user to give the shield a deployed up or deployed down status.

Just designate a certain keyboard button and allow user to deploy shield up or down. 

Bofors and 88

Shields only for bofors.

Need a look around/lean action key for 88 crew to see ahead of them.

14 minutes ago, kazee said:

Don't split the supply 50/50 with or without a shield;  just allow the user to give the shield a deployed up or deployed down status.

Just designate a certain keyboard button and allow user to deploy shield up or down. 

Bofors and 88

the shields kinda dont move
they are just simply bolted to the gun with some brackets.

Think the shield on the 88 would be embedded into the ground if one tried to lower it.

You can peek out of the 88 shield if you are really having troubles, blip the deploy key real quick.

As far as hooking to an HT
If the driver cant hit the look back key and line you up real quick, or better yet, you sit still and he comes and hooks you
you should probably slap him in the back of the head :) 
I can move the HT faster than you can turn the 88 2 inches, shield or no

4 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

the shields kinda dont move
they are just simply bolted to the gun with some brackets.

Understood, however this isnt the 1940s and we arent in a classic car show being judged to see if we have everything perfect on the car

Just make a few minor adjustments for the benefit of playerbase and overlook the historic details on a very minor issue

imho more important to please the playerbase on stated issues they have than to please non-existent historic judges 

let the shields be deployed up or down...it actually solves both of your issues

I wanted shields on the SPAA and more ammo. 

The AA guns have two crew, this is problematic because iirc a functional bofors crew was four or mb six. One of those guys was a spotter. He directed the gunner to targets. In this game the gunner is also the spotter. Even the mle38 had a target spotter... mb that's what we call the commander. In game on discord my squad often tells me about incoming weather I see him or don't when I aa gun and it helps. I don't see why we don't put both options in the game, and forego any issues. IMO

14 minutes ago, kazee said:

Understood, however this isnt the 1940s and we arent in a classic car show being judged to see if we have everything perfect on the car

Just make a few minor adjustments for the benefit of playerbase and overlook the historic details on a very minor issue

imho more important to please the playerbase on stated issues they have than to please non-existent historic judges 

let the shields be deployed up or down...it actually solves both of your issues

I would consider that more than a minor historical issue. It's modelling a weapon system as it never existed. I have no idea how much a gun shield on an 88 weighs but I would venture to guess that you would need a lift to take it on and off.

If we are going to adjust anything I would rather adjust the position of the commander rather than go down the road of modifying weapons in a way that they were never built.

1 person likes this