• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delems

Need to fix PPOs.

62 posts in this topic

We are working on letting the PPO's be close to PPO's but not allowed to collide into things like buildings etc.

1 person likes this

They go away way to fast too - I'd guess they should last 3 hours;  6 be better.

Boz AO is 4 hours old- and all my PPOs were gone in like 30 min...... what kind of defense preparation is that?

2 people like this

Yea, i agree they do last a bit too short
Foxhole, eh no one uses their foxhole usually for more than a few minutes
but i agree that the sandbags and wire should last longer, not sure about 6 hours, i am not sure what they do to the host load wise

Augetout discussed this in a separate thread but brought up the idea of longer PPOs. I agree that some like the foxhole can go away in 15-30 mins. But the sand bags and other bigger things should last a solid 6 hours.

1 person likes this

Let a Engineer set a cluster of Hedgehogs in one sitting to make anti tank barricades worth something. ( I have a thread in the Idea section for that topic)

Also the barbwire and sandbags (new design ) seem to fade rather fast , the ATG bunker has a longer shelf life then the barbed wire barricade, I did not time it but if you really want to set a perimeter the barricades should have at least a shelf life of 45 min to an hour before they despawn. 

Heck I bet it takes one 20 min alone to set a good perimeter if one is all alone building. 

The Cluster idea could be expanded to the barbed wire and sandbags where one would get something like that.

XXX XXX

XXX.          Or.          XXX 

XXX  XXX 

And ofcourse all a bit tighter together ( pre set by CRS to that the clipping thing is not even an issue ) so a INF can not run through it but needs to blow sandbags or the Wire 

I will add to my personal wishlist destroyed state PPOs by bombs, shells and grenades. Only sachels would definitely remove obstacles like the current tank hulks.

damn I have probably 500 other items on that wishlist

8 hours ago, dre21 said:

And ofcourse all a bit tighter together ( pre set by CRS to that the clipping thing is not even an issue ) so a INF can not run through it but needs to blow sandbags or the Wire 

Or a wire cutter.

Or a bangalore torpedo.  Just cause.

Oh, and a big thing- the barbed wire should be doing damage to people who run into it or run alongside it, friendly damage too.  Those things hurt, should dissuade people from frolicking around them.

1 hour ago, Kilemall said:

Oh, and a big thing- the barbed wire should be doing damage to people who run into it or run alongside it, friendly damage too.  Those things hurt, should dissuade people from frolicking around them.

Agreed.

17 hours ago, blggles said:

You have to run into them, that makes them reset, thats how you make them stay.

Seems like all of the PPOs in a given locale should stay in place for a given client as long as that client remains in that locale, with a single suitable expiration-timer in the client to provide for respawning.

That'd eliminate the need for the code-per-PPO that monitors for interactions and runs an individual expiration-timer.

18 hours ago, Kilemall said:

the barbed wire should be doing damage to people who run into it or run alongside it, friendly damage too.  Those things hurt, should dissuade people from frolicking around them.

Yes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0