• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Hardlead

Allied, get your comms up or.......

24 posts in this topic

Resubbed a few hours ago.

Thought that I might try allied this campaign.

What immediately became clear, is that nothing has changed!!

Allies dont mark on map, dont use text to communicate.

How do they expect to be successful.

This is in strak contrast to axis.

Edited by Hardlead
spelling
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

Welcome back! 

Please feel free to join us on the "Dark side" ;)

Ya...but I hear you.....certainly this can be frustrating.

Especially when one is looking forward to some good action and gets "beaned" by some non marked unit.

But there is hope. Games picking up.

S!

1 hour ago, Hardlead said:

I said that in a previous post actually got like 6 or 7 screen shots that show exactly that . That was while a Town was under attack and marks and comms were none existing,  but sure knew who likes what and and all sorts of other stuff that had nothing to do with the defence of the town.

You know when things are bad when a Tiger can roll south of town set up and watch a bridge , and I'm not talking 2k away , but literally maybe 2 min run distance from the south cp .  No marks no mention of him , only thing that saved my M10 was the bridge and that I was the better shot .

1 hour ago, Hardlead said:

Edited by dre21

I am seeing a lot of new players in game. Do the in-game tutorials show people how to mark? I know getting any of the new guys to use the chat channels is exhausting.  Any of them that actually attempt to do so are snapped up by squads. The rest are just fodder...smoking their own fms and shooting rifles at planes. 

1 minute ago, dropbear said:

I am seeing a lot of new players in game. Do the in-game tutorials show people how to mark? I know getting any of the new guys to use the chat channels is exhausting.  Any of them that actually attempt to do so are snapped up by squads. The rest are just fodder...smoking their own fms and shooting rifles at planes. 

Yeah, and it's also fun to fight masses of tigers with uber'd turret speeds cause the tiger "is not performing like it should historically" lol. 

2 years of upped tiger numbers doesn't have anything to do with what's going on, naw...

2 people like this

S! welcome back.

Overall I think there could be a game manual written or at least have a decent Wiki. If anyone is up for it I would pitch in.

10 hours ago, Hardlead said:

Halloween on xmas?

8 hours ago, aismov said:

S! welcome back.

Overall I think there could be a game manual written or at least have a decent Wiki. If anyone is up for it I would pitch in.

There is a wiki.wwiionline.com

I also.know @CHIMM and his team are working on tutorial videos

I see marks all the time and mark just about everything is see, even if I kill it. The biggest problem is that most ppl mark mission specific. On defense they make mission target instead to town they make it to the origin. That means if you spawn in the AB with mission target the AB, you don't see any marks outside mission. If you have the mission target the town, you see all marks that's mission target is town.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, stankyus said:

I see marks all the time and mark just about everything is see, even if I kill it. The biggest problem is that most ppl mark mission specific. On defense they make mission target instead to town they make it to the origin. That means if you spawn in the AB with mission target the AB, you don't see any marks outside mission. If you have the mission target the town, you see all marks that's mission target is town.

Maybe thats the difference compared to the Axis......

22 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

Maybe thats the difference compared to the Axis......

Lot of noobs on the allied side atm.

4 hours ago, stankyus said:

I've tested this extensively and while using this SOP does help, it doesn't fix the problem.  Marks still go missing. 

There are still very serious issues with the marking system on the map and the ability for all parties to see those marks.  I wish it got more dev time.  

13 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Yeah, and it's also fun to fight masses of tigers with uber'd turret speeds cause the tiger "is not performing like it should historically" lol. 

2 years of upped tiger numbers doesn't have anything to do with what's going on, naw...

Supposedly that is changing this campaign.  Gotta wait and see.

God knows it's been long enough for even the blind to see what we are talking about, Moe.  About damn time if so.  

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

i'm a advocate for the increased tiger numbers, but with the current pop there's too many.

back when all 6 would go in the first wave, several would die, then get reinforced by 4g's; it worked. now there are soo few tankers 6 can last an entire battle.

also, the dedicated tankers that could pull a baby sherm:tiger 0.8-1 k/d are gone.

21 hours ago, Hardlead said:

i've been switching sides daily for the past 2 years. IMO allies have no one but themselves to blame for getting rolled in the first 3 tiers. it's downright shameful at times, 2-3 4d's or 3h's wiped out 1/2 the supply a few times.

there was a DO at Florenville where 16 people were cut by a single (unmarked) 3h. they whined about it for the entire battle without marking it... i had to pull a long flank to kill it, only for him to respawn and not get marked again.

playing axis i stopped checking my flanks, allies let me cut them in 2 directions within 50m. it's unreal

...and therein is your problem. There are no more dedicated players who want to work with a combined arms attack. Its all 1vs the enemy.

The dedicated players have left for good,  or left, come back and see what the game has degenerated into...and leave again.

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, dropbear said:

...and therein is your problem. There are no more dedicated players who want to work with a combined arms attack. Its all 1vs the enemy.

The dedicated players have left for good,  or left, come back and see what the game has degenerated into...and leave again.

Dunno about that comment. I spent a good part of yesterday driving a 251 recapture shuttle bus between Liege CPs. And then spawned a He111 and did some bridge missions and some CAS over the Ramet W ridge line and E slope. Lot of combined arms going on there. Lot of fun.

23 minutes ago, bmw said:

Marks should be regional not mission specific.......

Completely agree.

Has nothing to do with allied comms. Axis just have smaller dedicated groups of infantry. When I defend spawns in towns I will sometimes see groups of two-three infantry charge the cps multiple times. Nowadays all you need is spawns and more than half the battle is over. Allied forces tend to be newer players and don’t understand the concept of spawns or warpable cps.

Also its mainly the game as a whole. Axis has players who play this game nonstop, it was like pulling teeth to get allied forces during Christmas. Axis are overpop during  the critical hours of TZ3 which unfortunately are when the game is decided. 

Allied comms are great unless you’re playing during dead hours and if so that’s just the player base. 

Edited by lutenint
2 people like this

On 12/26/2018 at 4:33 PM, aismov said:

S! welcome back.

we have a wiki - and are always looking for people to help update it (it is horribly out of date in some places)

On 12/27/2018 at 9:56 AM, dropbear said:

There are plenty who would do so, (and plenty who attempt to on a daily basis).  All of this is an unintended consequence of the demise of the big squads.

Organizing anything with a bunch of people who usually do NOT work together (with each other) is by definition far more difficult than organizing an attack (or defense) amongst squad members.

Fix the squads, and this lack of organized combined arms attacks/defenses will fade quickly from importance.

S!

1 person likes this