Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matamor

Planes carcasses

11 posts in this topic

IDEA: Would like to say them staying for few hours when they hit the ground, when they get killed or crashed into it. Like armors do sometimes. I remember long time ago they were if my memory stills not too old.

I second this. My memory is just as poor and I think they never stayed like the tanks do.

28 minutes ago, matamor said:

IDEA: Would like to say them staying for few hours when they hit the ground, when they get killed or crashed into it. Like armors do sometimes. I remember long time ago they were if my memory stills not too old.

How does this effect stats?

A plane that hits the ground at an angle exceeding a few degrees is at best a debris field, not a carcass.

A plane that burns when it hits the ground, and was made of aluminum and/or fabric, mostly turns to smoke and dust. The "carcass" at most would be the engine block, maybe some of the thicker aluminum structure such as the landing gear pivots, and the various steel hardware.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

+1

same for ATG/AA if this was anyhow possible 

1st CRS has to implement a dmg model, before we take that step . 

To the plane idea , sure not all planes nose dive and smash into the ground , some actually have a more softer landing but with the same killed result, maybe these could hang around for a bit. 

Would be neat to see when u rum or drive by, sure the new players would shoot at it cause they think it's a player,  so there would be definitely smoke or flames come from the plane , or some other sure fire indicator that he is dead.

Edited by dre21

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

1st CRS has to implement a dmg model, before we take that step

This is being looked into

4 hours ago, jwilly said:

A plane that hits the ground at an angle exceeding a few degrees is at best a debris field, not a carcass.

A plane that burns when it hits the ground, and was made of aluminum and/or fabric, mostly turns to smoke and dust. The "carcass" at most would be the engine block, maybe some of the thicker aluminum structure such as the landing gear pivots, and the various steel hardware.

This.  

It's not Battlefield 1942 folks.  

1 person likes this

Modern picture, but is WWII plane
Yea does not seem to be a lot to leave behind
plane-crash-twitter.jpg

This looks period
debris-strewn-on-beach-during-battle-aga

Hate to be on receiving end of flying detatched engine :(

This is modern, some Reno air show crash of a P51, but kind of looks like the plane is evaporating
A-P-51-Mustang-airplane-c-007.jpg

Seems like we would not have a lot of hulks much, lots of flying pieces though

There is stuff like this, but these guys pretty much landed, albiet unplanned

LI-art-wd-aircrash-20130814202437519020-

361925137479_1.jpg

Maybe what we need is a better Sploding animation?

Edited by Merlin51

indexed-1034.jpg

Mike Jones's UH-1 022 after being hit by 2.75 rocket accidentally fired by another UH-1 gunship. From gunship's perspective.

indexed-1035.jpg
UH-1 022 after being hit by 2.75 rocket accidentally fired by another UH-1 gunship.

indexed-1036.jpg

Mike Jones's UH-1 022 after being hit by 2.75 rocket accidentally fired by another UH-1

indexed-1038.jpg

Tail rotor of Mike Jones's UH-1 022 after being hit by 2.75 rocket from another gunship. Gunship that fired rocket in distance.

OOPS!!! Wrong War!!! :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0