• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Mosizlak

Allied ATR...

29 posts in this topic

...Is a vastly underused resource. Had an argument ingame tonight about it, and the guy I was arguing told me all it was good for was 232s. 

Couldn't change his mind, even though I offered to train him with the ATR on the training server. 

Well, here's a little vid I took after that conversation: 

My first shot got him leaking fuel, but I forgot to start the recording. 

Anyway, the Allied ATR will kill the 3f, the 4d, the stugB, the 4g, and the light tanks. I haven't tried the new tanks yet, so I can't vouch for them. 

But please, stop spreading the poison on side chat that everything Allied is nerfed. Does no good, especially if you don't know what you are doing. 

I'll be glad to train people in the weakspots of any sides' tanks. 

The same spot works on the 4d. 

I'll upload an video of the 3f next time I kill one. Basically it's the opposite spot of the 4 series panzers. Right side, same height and distance away from the flank. 

10 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Great to know...3h,l,n are the same?

Don't know, haven't tested any of the new tanks. 

10 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

mr roybatty lol S!

Tis me, never hid it. My main is unsubbed and my Roy account is done on the 3rd. 

It does often baffle me how players are so certain that something doesn't work, or 'only works on..' that they are unwilling to listen when other players try to help / explain how.

2 people like this

The great thing about this game is the most challenging thing about it as well. Equipment has storng and weak ponts and you need to learn them to get proficient at them. Just because I can hit a tiger with my atg doesn't mean I'm hitting the right spot

Dotsie used to be awesome with the ATR's on both sides, he'd spend hours on the training server learning kill spots and angles.

Hell I even know that and I spend 99.9% on the Axis side,  directed a player during a campaign onto a 3f and told him how to kill him. Had a personal score to settle cause it was a Squad mate :).  I was Sapper after he got me twice but saw the ATR guy was already almost there , so instead of the ATR just chase him away I wanted to make sure he would not get the chance. Nice part the other player listened.

So is Parasite's sapper guide still correct regarding ATR spots?

I used to be able to de-tread many tanks using HE satchels as a rifleman but it rarely works for the last few campaigns.   

1 hour ago, odin67 said:

I used to be able to de-tread many tanks using HE satchels as a rifleman but it rarely works for the last few campaigns.  

The HE satchel lost energy a while back, could explain it.

16 hours ago, B2K said:

It does often baffle me how players are so certain that something doesn't work, or 'only works on..' that they are unwilling to listen when other players try to help / explain how.

Simple rule of thumb: If it's allied weaponry, this is usually false. If it's axis weaponry, it's usually true.

:);):popcorn:

On 12/31/2018 at 9:45 PM, dropbear said:

Great to know...3h,l,n are the same?

rear armor on the H is too thick.  

I get ATR kills on the 4 series from time to time, but I also get back over and squashed plenty of times also 8D

the 3f and 3b kills are very difficult if not outright impossible to pull off if the tank has the slightest hint of tilt in any direction, to the point it's not even worth it on live unless the guy is absolutely clueless.  3h is flat out impossible... I have managed one time ever to get one gas leaking on the training server after seriously like 20+ mags, and was never able to duplicate it.

The 4g/4d rear kill isn't too difficult, but you have to be at the right distance and you have to really hammer it, usually 2 mags will do the trick.  The 4d you are much better served going after the instant kill spot on the side imo.

The opel your absolute best bet is to hit it from the front or back, any range essentially, side shots at speed are not forgiving unless you hit a tire or some such.

2c is a dream, if you can get side shot on the turret it's instant death, probably the one tank that it's over kill on.

38t is insanely tricky unless you have good elevation, then you can not only kill the driver but explode the ammo.

232 you have to hit way lower on the hull than you think, and depending on the direction of the turret you can get an instant kill or nothing.  The gas tank shot for whatever reason is now basically impossible at super ranges where you could flame it before, it's a 200m max affair now, and the step shot is practically impossible at speed now, always best to try and take out the gunner from the side or back by shooting center mass as it were when the turret is facing front.

I remember a very long time ago someone mentioning a driver kill spot on the APC, but tbh whenever i tried it, it just took way too long if it worked at all.

The allied ATR is ok, it's just a bear to figure out at first and the sight is ever so slightly off.  I would say that the ATR crew kill spots for the axis are much more forgiving on angle, but not much else.   Most if not all axis ATR insta-death shots are distance sensitive, (too close and it simply doesn't work) a lot of stuff axis ATR can't scratch, and the Axis ATR itself and it's cycling is obstructive and obnoxious as hell.

I made this ATR video a while back. Please forgive the audio. I was a teenager full of teenage angst. Turn the volume down unless you like Slipknot.

EDIT: I've since found a spot on the flanks of the PZ4D below the center top rollers. Also the sides of the PZ2C's turret usually result in an explosion. 

Edited by jokur
2 people like this

On 1/4/2019 at 3:45 AM, jokur said:

I made this ATR video a while back. Please forgive the audio. I was a teenager full of teenage angst. Turn the volume down unless you like Slipknot.

EDIT: I've since found a spot on the flanks of the PZ4D below the center top rollers. Also the sides of the PZ2C's turret usually result in an explosion. 

The 232 and the p2 don't flame up as easy as they used to. I hardly fire at the flame spots, I just go for gunner kills now. Those are still easy. Lots of 232 guys like to drive around with a dead gunner, which is nice, since he's combat useless except for recon.  

FWIW no one has touched the 232 or pz II models since ummmm looong time ago. Which shows btw. Wish we had more folks to help spruce up legacy kit.

2 hours ago, Bmbm said:

FWIW no one has touched the 232 or pz II models since ummmm looong time ago. Which shows btw. Wish we had more folks to help spruce up legacy kit.

Just because nobody touched them doesn't mean they haven't changed. Sap spots, weak points for ATR, and DMs in general on different units have certainly changed over the years, whether intentionally or not.

The DM for each model is an integral part of the model file. It doesn't change willy nilly. The only time we poke in legacy models is when we fix bugs like armor leaks (often minute misplaced vertices) or simple data (like audio or ammunition settings). Some still exist and are subject to a grand audit.

Yeah, heard that since the day I joined. Sorry if I don't put any stock in that. 

3 hours ago, Bmbm said:

The DM for each model is an integral part of the model file. It doesn't change willy nilly. The only time we poke in legacy models is when we fix bugs like armor leaks (often minute misplaced vertices) or simple data (like audio or ammunition settings). Some still exist and are subject to a grand audit.

Random stuff has literally changed in this game since day one. It breaks in the most ridiculous ways ever. To convince us that DMs and such are immune is a hard sell. 

I never knew that Multigen models could self-edit...?  

Way to go on the super-advanced game development AI, CRS!  :)