XOOM

Review of 2018

29 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, rendus said:

I have a feeling those people have already looked at this game and went the other direction.  They’re playing those other games instead of this one for a reason.  Read the Steam reviews. And I doubt they’ll come back unless there’s a substantial change in what this game has to offer.  And when the next generation “post scriptum” comes out they’ll be playing that instead of this, if this doesn’t change.  

All the social media pushes in the world won’t increase the population in the state the game is in now.  The Steam release proves that.

The steam release did increase ingame pops, though, as I recall, and had our efforts to keep more of those players been successful, perhaps this discussion would be moot.  Reviews not ignored but set aside, I think what we're talking about is how to inspire more people who try the game to stay, more F2P swapping to subscriptions, etc.  I don't buy into reviews as much as some others do, but having said that the game should address, as able, concerns raised in the reviews, while also looking for ways to accentuate the positives, as it were, raising the ingame population in the process.

I would caution against underestimating those 'wwiionline moments' that some mention from time to time.  I prestiged 6 times on the last COD Modern Warfare, but still ended up talking wwiionline while playing COD.  I am not alone in this habit, regardless of the 'other game' in question.  WWIIOnline, warts and all, is the best game of its kind, and has been for 17+ years.  Yes we need to make it better, but geez, we should be able to appreciate what we have a bit more.

S!

Edited by augetout
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, knucks said:

being this is the only true ww2 sim

This.

It can't be overstated.

3 people like this

@knucks some of what you post has valid reasoning and you clearly have experience in price modelling. However, you’re doing yourself no favours with your confrontational comments. We can’t keep reading that “we” don’t know what we are doing mate, so consider this your last chance to post more respectfully.

@XOOM you asked what can we (CRS & the pb) do to drive more subscribers. My personal view is that there is some value in looking again at the financial modelling to drive in-game population. Attrition is going to happen, that’s the nature of the beast. Slowing down attrition (which I’m presuming you’ve had some success with) whilst driving high volume is the obvious winning formula.

Sure there’s a smart volunteer somewhere in the states who needs to complete such work for a thesis.

1 person likes this

Even though I don't play as much as I would like to I'm still happy to support this game with my subscription. S! CRS Keep up the great work 

2 people like this