aismov

Is Maypol still around?

4 posts in this topic

Not sure if I'm opening a can of worms or treading on taboo territory, but what is the current role of Maypol. Is he still actively involved or any way, or does he just own the parent company (Playnet) that holds the rights to the game. Does Playnet function as a simple pass-through entity for billings/legal purposes or is there some sort of royalty structure that goes WWIOL revenue > Playnet > x% CRS for development.

Obvioysly I understand the hard numbers and details are proprietary/NDA but just wondering roughly how it is working these days since outside of Hatch who recently came back on Maypol is the only original member from back in 1998.

Maypol is still around yes and Playnet is the host company for our operations. CRS performs all operations and development to run the WWIIOL experience. Playnet started in 1999 and Hatch was indeed one of those founding members.

Wow, Xoom really climbed that HC ladder higher than I expected anyone could; Being promoted to the next highest rung above HC CinC, that of a CRS officer, and then being promoted to become CinC of CRS. 

Edited by ZeroAce

12 hours ago, ZeroAce said:

Wow, Xoom really climbed that HC ladder higher than I expected anyone could; Being promoted to the next highest rung above HC CinC, that of a CRS officer, and then being promoted to become CinC of CRS. 

Actually many members of the current version of CRS are players and former CinCs:

Tman

KMS

Blkhwk8

Westy91

Xoom

and many more