BLKHWK8

Follow Up on Top Bugs Issues

34 posts in this topic

With 2019 here, I have been tasked to get production and development a revised top bug list and issue list. We will be doing a Maintenance Patch this year, and to be as productive as possible, and balance the New Toys vs Fixxing Issues this will be soley for wrapping up long standing bugs and other issues which may have popped up. 

Here is a list I currently have in no particular order. What I am asking for is anything that is not on this list. I am not looking for a debate on issues  just a simple list plan and simple with brief explanation. I am not saying these all will be fixed or implemented but will help in communicating to the developers what you the player base are concerned with.

If you want to debate please feel free to do so in another thread.

Thank you

• Radar System Lag
  • LMG Rambo Gunning
  • Clipping
    • Feet sticking out of Building 
    • Bofors deploy in Tent and clips up
    • Sachels clipping in vehicles
    • bullets falling through the floor if someone is shooting on the floor above you.
    • Tree collider stopping bullets
  • Lag and Connection Issues
    • Death Lag 
    • Ping/Lag/Hit detection bugs
    • Sliding Corpses
    • Fire Bug / Engine Bug
    • Get KIA and you see the death came but cant hit esc to start despawn timer, then you finally get the despawn timer and have to watch the deathcam again
  • Point of view issues - 
    • Rendered below berm however 1st person still able to fire over berm
    • The height of sight-line still seems too high from 1st person view. This causes issues when firing from behind berms, deploying prone at windows, and gives an overall impression of smurf houses and toy tanks. I remind someone also arguing that people were smaller than today. Similar issue when kneeling and laying down. The eyes are not at the right vertical/horizontal level
    • M10 is an open turret tank. Yet the bloody commander has no better audio of surroundings than a traditional tank. Plus to pop the commander up takes the same time as opening a hatch sequence. Makes no sense. Any advantage of the open turret is completely removed. So it is pretty much just a liability.
    • Tree collider stopping bullets
    • smoke rounds are invisible or have no shell animation
  • Random Weakpoints in Armor or Vehicles
  • HC Disconnect Bug - Lose privileges or if you issue an AO or Move and log before it is completed it is wiped
  • Sun Glare is too bright
  • Green-Rise ambient light at dawn creates a green huy
  • Deploying LMG in Window has issues
  • FB Flip Bug - AB bounced all backline towns with no flag lose the FB
  • Bombadier booted to training arena after DB7 missions
  • The  LMG aiming exploit, namely being able to set up their LMGs and aim down the sight WHILE running around. 
  • Tracked Tank Bounce
  • ATG Flip Bug & ATG's flipping when being towed.
  • Not being able to Stop directly from running
  • Spawn in and Spawn Delay Issues
    • Despawn Bug where the timer restarts
    • When SD is more than 10 seconds and you reserve a unit that unit is taken you click enter world and nothing, you then have to wait full SD again
  • INvisable CP and FBs
  • Infantry jumping full gear from 3 story building is unrealistic
  •  Damage State Issues
    • Damage / Jam to tank gun should be visible to 3rd person, and tank crew should have notification 
  • Game Hacks
  • Infantry weapon changing on it's own
  • Black ray of death
  • Stamina drains really fast when sprinting some times, and not others. No obvious reason/constant factor.
  • blowing the wing off a plane at 20 ft and only getting a hit.  It seems about 20% of what should be AA kills don't register
  • Flying crash bug where one plane dies and the other doesn’t when the collide
  • Detrack Stages by lower caliber guns

3 people like this

FB status--you have to click the FB then type .st

Sometimes you cant choose it and then you have to click the town and open the FB and do it again

new guns are off center, they aim with the barrel instead of the sights (especially crippling for the MP34, i think it's zeroed to 0m as well, at least it feels like it)

LMG barrel clipping (using grip to deploy instead of bi-pod)

and they aim with their chest, leaving the top 1/3 of their body exposed when deployed

the LMG's are also way too fussy about deployment areas, they constantly clip into the things they deploy on as well

The 'radar system lag' (if I recall correctly) is an intentionally built in time delay within the AWS to make it function more akin to radar if the day vs able to precisely locate EA..  Not sure functioning as designed should be considered a bug.

I'd like to add: At random times after despawn ending up with the offline UI vs the campaign UI.

Satchel charges not deploying on moving vehicles.

Edited by knucks

S35 has zero audio in the turret , yet other tanks have at least some.

head shaking is annoying ,like when u try to shoulder a Bren, message is quite sufficient, 

Now the French are reduced to only a Mas 38! Fix the damn animation, muzzle climb ,aim point etc. 

Find a new fix for the trucks, Morris now cannot climb out of Stavelot on the road. And the general consensus is that the new sounds are very sub par.

Dead afv Crew continuing to fire main gun.

Rounds that appear to over penetrate , light afv , pan/232/pan2 not killing.

Unkillable hull gunners in some panzers , can't remember the model no.

late model panzer 4 should have a cross country performance worse than a Churchill.

Unkillable tanks once a certain damage level is reached.

Dispersion on French afv mg tightened up, it's embarrassing. I can shoot a tighter group at 500m with the mg34 on a bipod ffs.

1 hour ago, knucks said:

Satchel charges not deploying on moving vehicles.

I dont believe this is a bug as it is not meant as a sticky bomb but I will check with the team

9 minutes ago, BLKHWK8 said:

I dont believe this is a bug as it is not meant as a sticky bomb but I will check with the team

for the sake of gameplay it should work imo. Although it's hilarious to idle in 1st and watch infantry desperately try to deploy ordinance on you. Vehicles already have a chance to kick it out and reposition to get away from sappers, but once the sapper gets to touch your armor, you should be in big trouble and not be able to just reverse into immunity because satchels don't stick above 5mph. 

If this is too much power to infantry, implement the classic hand thrown AT grenades that stick/magnetize to armor, less effective but safer to use. Tanks already travel with infantry support (most of the time), to have the objective delayed because the tank knows to just keep crawling around is a bit of a troll.

Once again, thanks for the quick response.

Edited by knucks

21 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:
    • Sliding Corpses

IMHO, this should probably be priority #1 in terms of making a good (and lasting) first impression and retention of newcomers.

13 minutes ago, xanthus said:

IMHO, this should probably be priority #1 in terms of making a good (and lasting) first impression and retention of newcomers.

Alot of this is lag issues, which is why its on the list.

Laying down prone behind boxes in top floor bunker by radio, if you toss a grenade to the top of the stairwell ( if lands in the right spot ) it kills you the tosser.

Tested this on the training server it works from either top floor room in the bunker opposite corner of top of stairwell.

Kept wondering why i was dying when no enemy was shooting upstairs and i would toss a grenade to stairwell and i would die, finally tested on training server.

S!

M10 invisible turret cover:  can't land grenades inside turret.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

M10 invisible turret cover:  can't land grenades inside turret.

They just poof out through the floor once you find the "hole" between the crew and rear gun colliders
same goes for dropping one down any of the tank hatches, or truck beds.

Dont know if it is easily feasible, but might be nice to look at feasibility of being able to toss a grenade inside an open vehicle in general.

54 minutes ago, flong139 said:

Laying down prone behind boxes in top floor bunker by radio, if you toss a grenade to the top of the stairwell ( if lands in the right spot ) it kills you the tosser.

Tested this on the training server it works from either top floor room in the bunker opposite corner of top of stairwell.

Kept wondering why i was dying when no enemy was shooting upstairs and i would toss a grenade to stairwell and i would die, finally tested on training server.

S!

at least your grenades kill lol

4 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

it's not - people got quite good an placing charges onto tanks as they flew by at full speed... so the code was changed to disallow that. 

You would not be poking this on a moving tank most likely
e22b27154b8786762ebbe2138596e3e7.jpg
This is the only WWII era HEAT sapper device i know of IRL

3 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

You would not be poking this on a moving tank most likely
e22b27154b8786762ebbe2138596e3e7.jpg
This is the only WWII era HEAT sapper device i know of IRL

That's the HHL 3. Mid-war, used only in desperate close defense because users very often were killed.

The late-war HHL 3.5 was similar, but the warhead on the back of the magnet plate was a panzerfaust warhead adapted to take the same manual fuze as the 3.

The HHL 1 was fielded late 1940 or early 1941, but was not much used because it didn't work well. It attached via a sticky glue-pad rather than magnets, which meant it would stick to a horizontal target surface that wasn't dirty, dusty, cold, damp or oily. It had a poor HEAT design, like most early-war HEAT devices, though that was partly offset by its fairly large warhead size. I've never seen penetration numbers, but I'd guess its total jet energy would go through maybe 35 to 50mm.

The HHL 2 apparently was limited to Luftwaffe units, i.e. fallshirmjagers. It used magnetic attachment, but still had a poor HEAT design. I've never seen any information on deployment and usage.

The French, British and USA had no equivalent weapons.

3 hours ago, flong139 said:

S!

Sounds like a collider issue, please email a video to agm@corneredrats.com so I can attach to ticket

Infantry being able to shoot while seated in/on a vehicle.

On 1/3/2019 at 11:26 PM, jwilly said:

That's the HHL 3. Mid-war, used only in desperate close defense because users very often were killed.

yup

3 minutes ago, GrAnit said:

Infantry being able to shoot while seated in/on a vehicle.

not a bug, but it is a feature i also would like to see
we can shoot while seated on a farmile

Drop shotting to get a wider sight picture, takes the same time as ads regularly.

On 2019-01-03 at 4:10 AM, BLKHWK8 said:

Bofors deploy in Tent and clips up

Fixed in xmas patch :D

1 person likes this