Blkhwk8

Follow Up on Top Bugs Issues

52 posts in this topic

There are a few docks where the FMB get stuck on spawning in.

Cant remember the town I last experienced this, but it was in the E part of the map, this campaign.

There are still some FB infantry spawns that when you spawn into them, you are clipped into the tent, or spawn on top of the tent. 

I try and .bug them, but sometimes I forget. 

24 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

There are still some FB infantry spawns that when you spawn into them, you are clipped into the tent, or spawn on top of the tent. 

I try and .bug them, but sometimes I forget. 

You will be happy to know that QA just did an audit on all the FBs and has ticketed them all
so that they can get fixed

2 hours ago, Hardlead said:

There are a few docks where the FMB get stuck on spawning in.

Cant remember the town I last experienced this, but it was in the E part of the map, this campaign.

I you think of it or run across it, .bug it or let me know and i will add them to the tickets
spawn is probably too close to the docks

16 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

It was proppably Piesport, looking at CSR.

It probably was.
The black rectangle is the representation of the boat spawn point
if you are wondering why they left it that way in 2002 2005 when ever piesport was done, that black object did not exist, the spawns were invisible
I had those black objects made because invisible objects were pissing me off :) 

Anyways, consider your bug reported and slated for fixing, not next terrain release as it is already off to hopefully the final stages of validation
but the one after that.

vTgSIVh.png

1 person likes this

It is heartening to see effort being put into fixing these often very old bugs.

Is it possible to investigate the DAC and 232 regarding tipping over? I lose 5x as many dacs to enemy berms than enemy fire.

The DACs in particular due to their short wheelbases.  Are the suspensions not working?

Edited by dropbear
Typo

Forgot to mention:

Tree collider is f'ed up and has been since day one. i.e. every tree has an invisible force field around it that blocks all bullets. This sucks.

1 person likes this

On 1/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, xanthus said:

Forgot to mention:

Tree collider is f'ed up and has been since day one. i.e. every tree has an invisible force field around it that blocks all bullets. This sucks.

Its on the list that I provided.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:41 PM, dropbear said:

Is it possible to investigate the DAC and 232 regarding tipping over? I lose 5x as many dacs to enemy berms than enemy fire.

The DACs in particular due to their short wheelbases.  Are the suspensions not working?

Ill add it to the list to investigate

1 person likes this

- Obviously the new barracks (a huge visual improvement) have major clipping issues that prevent you from leaving certain exits sometimes.

- 10+ year bug: there is a weird, warped, stretched building texture in certain ruins. It's a universal bug that you can even see in the CRS live-streams. It's really bad, immersion-breaking, and just serves to give new players a bad first impression. I'll post a pic later but you probably know what I'm talking about.

- Rambo MG34 *MUST* end. Enough is enough already. Not a bug fix, I guess; looking forward to seeing this end once and for all.

Edited by xanthus

22 minutes ago, xanthus said:

Obviously the new barracks (a huge visual improvement) have major clipping issues that prevent you from leaving certain exits sometimes.

Hold your shorts, i'm a moving them :)
the original barracks had nothing but flat sides, and they literally clipped a lot of them together
Now that they actually have something on the outside to use, the bad placement is showing up

38 minutes ago, xanthus said:

10+ year bug: there is a weird, warped, stretched building texture in certain ruins. It's a universal bug that you can even see in the CRS live-streams. It's really bad, immersion-breaking, and just serves to give new players a bad first impression. I'll post a pic later but you probably know what I'm talking about.

Yea, got a few pics of the strange floating 1 pixel thick thingy stretching across town
but everyone has their UI turned off, can you show me a picture of it with UI on so i can see town and lat/lon
then i could look for you and see what building models are in that area, and work from there

would like the bug fixed where you jump out of a para plane from high up , and you just plummet to the ground .

On 2/2/2019 at 11:29 AM, tatonka said:

would like the bug fixed where you jump out of a para plane from high up , and you just plummet to the ground .

Describe this more, as this is new to me? What was the alt? What was the speed? The only time I have seen this was if the plane was at a high rate of speed where the shoot did not deploy.

On 2019-01-05 at 10:41 PM, dropbear said:

We have a Grand Vehice Audit coming where we will investigate all kit for armor thickness, armor leaks, collider issues, weights, mass placement, internal components, incremental and terminal damage relations, inertias, gunsights, ammunition, gear ratios and everything else connected to each and every one. This will be an ongoing task in between new vehicle production and other audits that affects vehicles (such as ammo, terminal ballistics, HE and HEAT etc. The sheer number of vehicles and the mass of data connected to them will soak up a lot of time, so don't expect immediate results across the board. Suffice it to say that our vehicle set has been neglected for years and many old sins, shortcuts and creative tweaks needs to be corrected to an equal, accurate and consistent standard.

1 person likes this

On 2019-01-03 at 11:26 PM, jwilly said:

That's the HHL 3. Mid-war, used only in desperate close defense because users very often were killed.

The late-war HHL 3.5 was similar, but the warhead on the back of the magnet plate was a panzerfaust warhead adapted to take the same manual fuze as the 3.

The HHL 1 was fielded late 1940 or early 1941, but was not much used because it didn't work well. It attached via a sticky glue-pad rather than magnets, which meant it would stick to a horizontal target surface that wasn't dirty, dusty, cold, damp or oily. It had a poor HEAT design, like most early-war HEAT devices, though that was partly offset by its fairly large warhead size. I've never seen penetration numbers, but I'd guess its total jet energy would go through maybe 35 to 50mm.

The HHL 2 apparently was limited to Luftwaffe units, i.e. fallshirmjagers. It used magnetic attachment, but still had a poor HEAT design. I've never seen any information on deployment and usage.

The French, British and USA had no equivalent weapons.

Nice info.  

Another point to add in regards to satchels is after 1942 the Germans covered their tanks with surface that prevented the attachment of magnetic devices.  (The Russians apparently used magnetic devices)

I just logged off due to lag (before the rage set in). Sometimes it's too bad to play and I just waste units. 

edit- It kind of hit me that what is really frustrating is that the fps is high. I'd always associated lag with low fps.

Edited by gavalink

18 minutes ago, gavalink said:

I just logged off due to lag (before the rage set in). Sometimes it's too bad to play and I just waste units. 

edit- It kind of hit me that what is really frustrating is that the fps is high. I'd always associated lag with low fps.

Your FPS wont drop until you begin to suffer bad packet loss, then you will get FPS drops and micro screen freezes
You will usually get auto despawned at that point.

I was having that last night, but it was my connections fault, checked my internet out of game and ping was all kinds of bad
had to reboot my modem and go to only having one account logged in for good measure.

You are not wholly wrong though, some games FPS and Ping do have a correlation
Usually server oriented shooters (quake engine comes to mind) where everything you do takes place on the server, rather than on the client
and there is little no no client side prediction etc.
In those kinds of games, you can find that if your ping is bad enough, you can not even move cause everything you do must by synced with the server.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, blakeh said:

Another point to add in regards to satchels is after 1942 the Germans covered their tanks with surface that prevented the attachment of magnetic devices.

Zimmermit

Can't spawn in bug. Always happens when your side has a spawn delay. If you have a 20 sec spawn delay, you patiently wait until the the time is up and you have a green enter button. Hit enter, button go's grey, and you have to wait another 20 seconds before it go's green again, and then MAYBE you can spawn in. sometimes this can happen 2-3 times. 

Stop giving excuses, fix it, fix it now, or just do away with the spawn delay entirely until you can fix it. 

1 minute ago, nc0gnet0 said:

Can't spawn in bug. Always happens when your side has a spawn delay. If you have a 20 sec spawn delay, you patiently wait until the the time is up and you have a green enter button. Hit enter, button go's grey, and you have to wait another 20 seconds before it go's green again, and then MAYBE you can spawn in. sometimes this can happen 2-3 times. 

Stop giving excuses, fix it, fix it now, or just do away with the spawn delay entirely until you can fix it. 

Its ticketed and waiting for an available Dev.. Has nothing to do with spawn delay, it happens when you are down to the last of the weapon you have chosen and it hiccups trying to verify that there is still one available. 

1 minute ago, SCKING said:

Its ticketed and waiting for an available Dev.. Has nothing to do with spawn delay, it happens when you are down to the last of the weapon you have chosen and it hiccups trying to verify that there is still one available. 

It has been a problem for far too long, need to get bumped up to top of priority list. You might be right in regards to not being directly related to spawn delay, but I can say with personal experience that it happens much more often when there is one (spawn delay). Perhaps this is do to the fact multiple people waiting on the timer to hit zero have selected the same unit, and because of the spawn delay they are not being pulled from supply (so still showing available) until they actually spawn in. 

And while we are on the subject of spawn delay, just exactly how is this figured? it certainly seems to be percentage based calculations, and the reason I ask is there are some crazy over exaggerated instances with it bouncing all over the place in TZ (low pop). 

27 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

It has been a problem for far too long, need to get bumped up to top of priority list. You might be right in regards to not being directly related to spawn delay, but I can say with personal experience that it happens much more often when there is one (spawn delay). Perhaps this is do to the fact multiple people waiting on the timer to hit zero have selected the same unit, and because of the spawn delay they are not being pulled from supply (so still showing available) until they actually spawn in. 

Problem is the bug you think should be priority is not the same bug that another person thinks should be priority. I will bump the ticket though and see if @SNIPER62 can fit it into the schedule sometime soon.

24 minutes ago, nc0gnet0 said:

And while we are on the subject of spawn delay, just exactly how is this figured? it certainly seems to be percentage based calculations, and the reason I ask is there are some crazy over exaggerated instances with it bouncing all over the place in TZ (low pop). 

It should be based off those who are spawned into the game world. I am sure its some type of percentage as well. How it works is also under internal review to make sure its working the way it was designed to work.

*** Has nothing to do with spawn delay

False, has everything to do with SD.

The map we had no SD this bug never occurred.  Not once.

And I know cause navy units most often have nothing but 1 in the spawn list (well, they did - till removed).

It has everything to do with SD, at least to some extent.

And this bug is going on 10 years old now.  It should be a priority, even though I know you have many others.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

I can attest to spawn in bug happening only when spawn delay happens as allies have rarely had sd this map and i have not had spawn in bug happen once....when i was axis last map and had sd the whole map it happened constantly ....in other words PLAY ALLIED and bug is gone lol