ratzilla

Inquiring minds want to know...

23 posts in this topic

I came across this last night in an out of the way place oldtimers would know.  Is this a relic of olden times or does it perhaps portend things to come?   Yup, it is climable.

010319a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've encountered them too every once in a while. Sometimes you can jump on the non climbable ones from buildings. They still draw attention to be taken down by tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ratzilla said:

I came across this last night in an out of the way place oldtimers would know.  Is this a relic of olden times or does it perhaps portend things to come?   Yup, it is climable.

I put it there, there are others

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, odin67 said:

I've encountered them too every once in a while. Sometimes you can jump on the non climbable ones from buildings. They still draw attention to be taken down by tanks.

non climbable ones are AI towers, which if you see no AI in it, may be a broken one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ratzilla said:

I did notice that you can sap it, but you can't repair it.

Yea, it's like a building
You can break it, but it repairs on its own like the rest of the town, don't know how long it takes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's stopping an MG from going up in one of these towers and laying down fire, why use AI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rodsantos said:

What if you sap it with someone inside? Do they fall out and die?

I dont know about falling out, but they should die

 

17 minutes ago, knucks said:

What's stopping an MG from going up in one of these towers and laying down fire

Nothing aside from they dont exist all over

18 minutes ago, knucks said:

why use AI?

Because in general, people do not find it fun to go sit in every out of the way place on the map, for hours, just for no one to ever show up.
All the AI does is mainly not give you a free ride right down main street with 0 opposition just because you decided to drive across the map to Berlin
where no one is playing at and sap the panzer factory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jokur said:

Interesting addition Merlin. I like it. 

Technically not an addition
I found the object in game assets from 2001 or earlier
and i found it had been stricken from the game at some point way back when.
Then i realized the model was broken, something happened to the ladder and it did not appear in game at all.
I showed the model to @Xl2rippr and we worked with it a bit and got a functioning ladder that you can get up with the present infantry collider.
He did the model work, i just did the testing and feedback part

So it's more like Return of the Tower, but initially, one of the original rats had the idea for it, so his or her tower lives again
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

Technically not an addition
I found the object in game assets from 2001 or earlier
and i found it had been stricken from the game at some point way back when.
Then i realized the model was broken, something happened to the ladder and it did not appear in game at all.
I showed the model to @Xl2rippr and we worked with it a bit and got a functioning ladder that you can get up with the present infantry collider.
He did the model work, i just did the testing and feedback part

So it's more like Return of the Tower, but initially, one of the original rats had the idea for it, so his or her tower lives again
 

I remember the old AI towers had ladders. Maybe it was removed to discourage attempts to climb said towers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

I dont know about falling out, but they should die

 

Nothing aside from they dont exist all over

Because in general, people do not find it fun to go sit in every out of the way place on the map, for hours, just for no one to ever show up.
All the AI does is mainly not give you a free ride right down main street with 0 opposition just because you decided to drive across the map to Berlin
where no one is playing at and sap the panzer factory

I mean yeah but AI are usually the first to go. 1 shot from a tank at any range will knock down an AI tower, or a mortar strike. Seems like you could buff them up a bit, and make let players use them when they want since they're usually located in towns anyway, and for the most part you get a warning before an attack.

Actually these would make great PPO's for a combat engineer role, or a truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second the idea of PPO, maybe with more severe setup rules to avoid it in middle of nowhere 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great if Engineers could build them around FBs.

Plenty of us pull guard duty here and there and most of us hang out on the Vehi tents for the view and sound .

Why not be able to build a guard tower or 2 for the vantage point.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Would be great if Engineers could build them around FBs.

Plenty of us pull guard duty here and there and most of us hang out on the Vehi tents for the view and sound .

Why not be able to build a guard tower or 2 for the vantage point.

That would be a very useful PPO, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Would be great if Engineers could build them around FBs.

Plenty of us pull guard duty here and there and most of us hang out on the Vehi tents for the view and sound .

Why not be able to build a guard tower or 2 for the vantage point.

That would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dre21 said:

Would be great if Engineers could build them around FBs.

Plenty of us pull guard duty here and there and most of us hang out on the Vehi tents for the view and sound .

Why not be able to build a guard tower or 2 for the vantage point.

Yes please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope someone's filming the first time it disappears from under a player in the middle of a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blggles said:

I hope someone's filming the first time it disappears from under a player in the middle of a fight.

It wont, it will partly collapse, but the player in it will be dead, so he wont know :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 4:10 AM, ZEBBEEE said:

I second the idea of PPO, maybe with more severe setup rules to avoid it in middle of nowhere 

Big long timer, can only be set by truck, has to be within 200m of a spawn.

If set at an FB, is destroyed if the spawn 'goes away' (FB ownership destroyed and changes hands).

Isn't repairable, it takes damage and is gone.

 

Edited by Kilemall
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.