• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mosizlak

Tracer smoke?

8 posts in this topic

Hard to see where a round actually lands when you fire a main gun. Seems to be a little over the top...? 

Not talking about muzzle blast, the actual tracer smoke left from the round travelling. 

Seems hard to find any actual video of someone watching the round travelling downrange from the 1st person perspective, though. 

I could not really find any either
these were interesting, though

Firing non AP-T (think for game purposes, we have some tracer on all tank rounds)

an incoming view no tracer

i found 1 tracer, not gunner view though, and not WWII era :( 

Which in game gun were you firing?

I'm not saying it's wrong, just wondering. 

Was offline trying out the new BEF vehicles, the 17lber armed ones.  Tracer smoker seemed excessive, but could be just the magnification of the sights. 

Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything. 

34 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I'm not saying it's wrong, just wondering. 

Was offline trying out the new BEF vehicles, the 17lber armed ones.  Tracer smoker seemed excessive, but could be just the magnification of the sights. 

Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything. 

Could be the mag, the firefly has more mag than the towed 17pdr
i will look though

EDIT
It's the magnification, the ammo itself shows a same tracer effect as the towed 17pdr
17pdr lower power power sight
Try it out a bit though, if it is problematic, we can look at it

Edited by Merlin51

That's the first thing I noticed when I came back to the game. Fired off few rounds in offline and was "who's tough to see where round is going."

If its historical I'm fine with it. But personally I have no idea.

Thought the 17 pounder was historically bad for smoke/kicking up dust, so much so that observers had to leave the vehicle to see fall of shot.

Is there tracer on the round in game?, it is hard to see where it falls. Always thought there should be a more visible effect when a round hits.

3 hours ago, aismov said:

That's the first thing I noticed when I came back to the game. Fired off few rounds in offline and was "who's tough to see where round is going."

If its historical I'm fine with it. But personally I have no idea.

Same. Dunno if it's historical or not. 

The thing is usually you have more than the gunner observing the round impacting. Even when I switched to the commander it was tough to see where the round landed. 

I saw a video of a Pak36 shoot at a T34 

(Buy for the life of it I can't find it anymore)  there you saw the heat signature of the round traveling towards the T34 but that was it .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0