• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aismov

Time required to go from Private to Lt. Colonel

12 posts in this topic

Doing some brainstorming for the Game Ideas forum. Since I started the game back in 2001 in the HC as a Lieutenant General in the HC, I have never had to earn a single rank in my life, ever. So I have no idea how long it actually takes for a normal player to go from the lowest to the highest (non-HC) rank. Lets assume that you are an average player playing (my quick google searching claims the average gamer spends 6 hours/week playing). How many weeks/months would it take to get to max rank?

Does anyone also have a link to what ingame rank is needed to get what type of equipment. Can't find it on the wiki.

Thanks. And how quickly would you say it takes to go sequentially from Rank 1 to Rank 5. To clarify how long from rank 1 > 2, rank 2 > 3, and so on.

Best guess - :) ...that 12 months might be ambitious on 6/hrs a week.  With experience i restarted this persona - took about 7-8 weeks to get full rank.  Hard to work out really how long a new player may take.

rank   week to rank  
1   1  
2   2  
3   3  
4   4-5  
5   8  
6   12  
7   16  
8   20  
9   24  
10   28  
11   32  
12   40  
13   52  

Thanks! So safe to say that playing at a leisurely pace and trying to learn this game new its probably a week per rank. Did you find that going from 1 > 2 was way easier than going 4 >5, or do the better weapons you get access to as a Rank 4 make getting kills and thus points easier.

I think 0-1 for a newb is really hard. 

By the time your at 4 you should have figured out easy ways to get points - other than by killing, especially if your in a squad.

I think there is an illusion that better weapons make you better, other than Close quarter stuff, the rifle is king. If you're focused on maxing rank it isnt too hard, just ultimately pointless. The only rank changes that matter are those that give you access to sapper and engineer, probably engineer the most if you want to have some utility.

Easiest way to Rank up ---Drive a truck. No skill required.

Edited by goreblimey

Of course it was a LOT harder to rank up back in the day IMO- you could tank camp more easily, but lose your rank points too.

Best example I experienced more recently then that was ranking up Axis side.  Played two campaigns I think before I got to R5 with binocs and most equipment.

It's also a LOT harder to rank up in the air IMO.

Depends how and what you play.

I started a new account and had it in a Tiger on first day, I did it by never spawning a tank just capping/resetting and rtbing. 50 points a cap quickly ranks you up. I then went tanking, but still made major in 2 weeks.

IMHO you shouldn't be able to spawn high tier equipment without having demonstrated/discovered how to use the basic equipment first. Frightening how many players with middle rank drive tanks and sit with engines running and do not use their commanders.

S! Ian

3 hours ago, ian77 said:

Depends how and what you play.

I started a new account and had it in a Tiger on first day, I did it by never spawning a tank just capping/resetting and rtbing. 50 points a cap quickly ranks you up. I then went tanking, but still made major in 2 weeks.

IMHO you shouldn't be able to spawn high tier equipment without having demonstrated/discovered how to use the basic equipment first. Frightening how many players with middle rank drive tanks and sit with engines running and do not use their commanders.

S! Ian

Probably a case for separate infantry and tank personas to rank up in.

Back when I first started, IIRC, I made colonel in a month or so. Obviously this was back when non-HC could get to the higher ranks. I don't think I ever got more than 2 stars though. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0