• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
raptor34

Tier 3 TOE changes

34 posts in this topic

Just a quick shout out to the Rats to say that it is great to see older equipment being retired as the tiers progress, creating more realistic spawnlists as the campaign moves forward, rather than a mishmash of everything. I've really enjoyed the new historical TOE this campaign and I hope it keeps being refined in the future. Cheers, 

Edited by raptor34
4 people like this

W00t yay <uncorks small bottle of champagne> and yes it's a moving target. Next campaign will be a challenge for both sides at different stages of the timeline, and in various aspects.

2 people like this

Why though? Seems wasteful. Even less reason to buy the DLC now.
You should return the tier 1 AT gun, you're really stretching your terms of service taking away an item people paid for

@XOOM

Edited by knucks

I think with half-tiers this will only get better.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, knucks said:

You should return the tier 1 AT gun, you're really stretching your terms of service taking away an item people paid for

@XOOM

The DLC content pack items are being restored into the campaign full-time. These TOE changes have several different dependencies and I'd call it growing pains. Same day turn around is good though.

1 person likes this

Good, DLC should retain some equipment advantage. Be very careful in the future, DLC is sold as is and only refundable within 2 hours. Removing/changing what is offered at the time from a customer buying can get you into serious trouble with Steam, even as a mistake.

Edited by knucks

3 hours ago, knucks said:

Good, DLC should retain some equipment advantage. Be very careful in the future, DLC is sold as is and only refundable within 2 hours. Removing/changing what is offered at the time from a customer buying can get you into serious trouble with Steam, even as a mistake.

Knucks, I dont agree with everything you say but you are correct on this. This was an oversight that we fixed quickly (not as quickly as we liked) but we do make mistakes from time to time, I appreciate you feedback on this. 

1 person likes this

You live and you learn :)
best regards.S!

Edited by knucks

11 hours ago, knucks said:

@XOOM

Thanks @knucksto have reported this. I guess .report were not read immediately and nobody warned through other communication channels 

What I don't understand, that Tier3 takes 35 days? Wasn't the consensus not so long ago, to reduce tier times? Aren't Tigers in every promo video? 

2 hours ago, ebert101 said:

What I don't understand, that Tier3 takes 35 days? Wasn't the consensus not so long ago, to reduce tier times? Aren't Tigers in every promo video? 

THis is the first campaign we have not accelerate the tiers in the last 4 maps.  Some players enjoy the other tiers more than TIer 3, as well as simulating the war itself. If you think of each tier as a year, and most maps usually take between 50 -60 days and we only have four tiers 0,1,2,3 then that equates to about 10 - 13 days per tier on a norm. We have bumbped up that time to 5-7 days the last few maps. Very hard to judge a sweet spot for tier length.

1 person likes this

I for one have really been enjoying the longer tiers. It allows to war to develop at each "year" and it also allows players who can't always be online to get into the war before it runs right into tier 3. I understand some like the later tiers best and some like myself really enjoy the early war, but honestly, I enjoy each tier for what it is. Giving the campaign time to evolve year by year has been a very welcome change in my option.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

THis is the first campaign we have not accelerate the tiers in the last 4 maps.  Some players enjoy the other tiers more than TIer 3, as well as simulating the war itself. If you think of each tier as a year, and most maps usually take between 50 -60 days and we only have four tiers 0,1,2,3 then that equates to about 10 - 13 days per tier on a norm. We have bumbped up that time to 5-7 days the last few maps. Very hard to judge a sweet spot for tier length.

I would suggest that each new Tier, especially the new idea of half tier, comes in at 12 Noon server time every Friday. It would give everyone a focus and a ready reference for when the Tier change will arrive, and I think could boost numbers in game on Friday evenings and hopefully carry them through the whole weekend. (Obviously if the new map starts mid week we run T0 for 8,9, or 10 days as required).

Friday Night is new Tier Night!

S! Ian

1 person likes this

One thing to remember is that the first 3 tiers are limited in how long they can last, but the final tier lasts indefinitely.  

If the tier progression was too fast, 1943 could last longer than 1940-42 combined.  

Run one campaign with one week tiers and Friday changeover, then the next campaign with two week tiers. Rinse and repeat.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, ian77 said:

Agreed.

19 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Run one campaign with one week tiers and Friday changeover, then the next campaign with two week tiers. Rinse and repeat.

I can agree to that.  I personally like 2-week per tier (or even longer)...but can understand others desire for faster tiers.  Lets give us both.

Edited by forrest

19 hours ago, ian77 said:

I would suggest that each new Tier, especially the new idea of half tier, comes in at 12 Noon server time every Friday. It would give everyone a focus and a ready reference for when the Tier change will arrive, and I think could boost numbers in game on Friday evenings and hopefully carry them through the whole weekend. (Obviously if the new map starts mid week we run T0 for 8,9, or 10 days as required).

S! Ian

Unfortunately tier 3 requires a server restart as Americans are added manually to the campaign. its not a simple button we press. Even for the other tiers this would mean the campaign would need to start on a specific day and time. The time between tiers is universal meaning if it is 10 days for tier 0 - 1 it will be the same for the next tier.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, raptor34 said:

I for one have really been enjoying the longer tiers. It allows to war to develop at each "year" and it also allows players who can't always be online to get into the war before it runs right into tier 3. I understand some like the later tiers best and some like myself really enjoy the early war, but honestly, I enjoy each tier for what it is. Giving the campaign time to evolve year by year has been a very welcome change in my option.

Well stated. 

Unfortunately tier 3 requires a server restart as Americans are added manually to the campaign. its not a simple button we press. Even for the other tiers this would mean the campaign would need to start on a specific day and time. The time between tiers is universal meaning if it is 10 days for tier 0 - 1 it will be the same for the next tier.

How much of an adverse impact would there be to always let an ongoing campaign run until say beginning of CRS workday on Monday? If the new campaign always started on Friday, that would leave a standardized 4 calendar days (4 work days) for intermission and changeover.

That might mean, worst case, that victory conditions would be satisfied late Monday and that campaign would remain running for six days.

Or, if the campaign situation was such that gameplay was not being delivered, the campaign could be ended early, but intermission would run longer so that the next campaign would start Friday.

Lets remember to start a campaign is labor intensive and CRS is made of mostly volunteers, so our real work schedule is dependent on that as well.

No intention to denigrate the volunteer team. The four working days was a discussion placeholder. Make that whatever would work for CRS.

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

No intention to denigrate the volunteer team. The four working days was a discussion placeholder. Make that whatever would work for CRS.

None taken.