raptor34

Tier 3 TOE changes

34 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, major0noob said:

there were way too many tanks...

What were you looking at?
Armored or Infantry Brigade?

I popped into an axis armored brigade yesterday before the campaign end
there were i think 10 PZIIc's and much less of everything else.

The only allied attacks where i saw a lot of tanks, was the result of 3 or 4 stacked brigades, but you would expect that
and most of the tanks i saw were vickers and stuarts, with the occasional sherman.

I did not run around counting, but it felt like a lot less tanks to me?

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, XOOM said:

The DLC content pack items are being restored into the campaign full-time. These TOE changes have several different dependencies and I'd call it growing pains. Same day turn around is good though.

So only those with DLC will be able to spawn ATGs from an FMS? Those on premium full accounts will not have access to pak36, 2pdr, 25mm and thus cant spawn an ATG from an FMS as the campaign goes forward into later tiers.

Also Pnz3F is the best anti inf tank axis have IMHO so again we need to buy another DLC to be able to keep spawning it?

Or are these just yet more unforeseen consequences of all the tinkering with spawn lists?

S! ian

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, BLKHWK8 said:

Unfortunately tier 3 requires a server restart as Americans are added manually to the campaign. its not a simple button we press. Even for the other tiers this would mean the campaign would need to start on a specific day and time. The time between tiers is universal meaning if it is 10 days for tier 0 - 1 it will be the same for the next tier.

CC Blkhwk8. Obviously I dont know the internal mechanics of the game system, I just think having a focus for everyone of "Friday Night is New Tier Night" will encourage player numbers and boost numbers for the side presently "losing" as well. Implementing my brilliant ideas... well that is another matter... :)

S! Ian

I can keep t0 going into t2-t3 but it will be at the cost of less t2-t3 materiel, or increased budgets that will cause a (admittedly minor) glut of materiel.

I do not intend to force you into purchase of DLC.

Maybe I missed a change in the "rules" but last time I checked only the small ATG from T0 can spawn from a FMS. As of the last tier change we had none to spawn so no atgs from FMS anymore, unless I have a DLC.  Intended or not, if I buy the DLC I get an advantage over a premium account player, I can still spawn a "baby" atg from an FMS.

S! Ian

there were 30 sherms in a armour flag, and 50+ pieces of armour in every div. only the inf flags ran out, and only the top 2 pieces

there are also too many RPATS relative to the population of tankers, 5 max is much more sustainable for ZoC's. with 10 they can be reckless rambos and it'll pay off

10 minutes ago, major0noob said:

there were 30 sherms in a armour flag, and 50+ pieces of armour in every div. only the inf flags ran out, and only the top 2 pieces

there are also too many RPATS relative to the population of tankers, 5 max is much more sustainable for ZoC's. with 10 they can be reckless rambos and it'll pay off

RPATS and sappers are not guys hiding in ruins waiting to pounce on unwary tankers entering unsuitable urban terrain. They are either 2k+ out from town running towards every ET audio they pick up, or hiding in the AB waiting for tanks to spawn in. They qualify as unrealistic Rambos as much as the axis LMGs!

If we could limit a player to one RPAT or Sapper per AO/DO that may instil a little "fear of death" and create slightly more cautious gameplay in some of the Rambos?

S! Ian