• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Crs Wants You!   01/18/2019

CRS is looking for some volunteer live support chat staff.  Are you up for the assignment?  If so,  please send an email with your interest to,  Jobs@corneredrats.com
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
augern

Upgrade question

5 posts in this topic

I currently have a ASUS  M5A97 R2.0 mb with an AMD FX-6100 3.3 ghz processor. My limited understand of compatibility  leads me to believe that I can upgrade to a AMD FX-8350 for $75. Would this be a good investment and would I noticed a decent increase in FPS? I’m currently get about 35 FPS on the ground and 50 in the air but less so in congested areas. Also I have a AMD Radion 7770 1GB video card,  8GB ram, WIn 7 pro 64 OS. Thanks!

You'll go from 3.3ghz to 4.2ghz. 5ghz if you overclock and have a good cooler is within reason. This will directly translate to higher frames in game, how much higher - idk guessing at least 50 on the ground, maybe 65 if you overclock to 5ghz? Do you play any other games? If not then I'd stop with the upgrades here as your platform is end of life and ww2online is CPU bound more than GPU bound. If you do play other games, then buy w/e your budget can afford - there really aren't any 'bad' GPU options anymore. i wouldn't spend more than 100-150 on a gpu though as again, your platform is end of life and updating to that CPU is as fast as you'll ever go, current gen GPUs will be greatly limited by that CPU.

Thanks for the info. Yes this rig is six years old. I don’t play any other online games with it. I do play Grand Prix Racing and  Silent Hunter III but neither one of those on line. My current rig is water cooled.

you should be able to hit 5ghz then with water cooling. its a 'no brainer' upgrade and if the FPS still isn't where you'd like it, a $100-$150 GPU upgrade certainly won't hurt.  GTX 1050 and Radeon 460 are in that range, if not a few bucks more but I wouldn't go much higher than those, again, even a 5ghz AMD of that era is going to bottle neck before those GPUs at 1080p resolutions.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0