halsey

1 british army division???

33 posts in this topic

You give us brand new equipment, then limit the British to one army division?  we have a total of 8 Achilles and 4 Fireflys on the entire map, that's not right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Halsey,

The Game and Community Manager and I have met up and have discussed that going forward we'll add more British divisions once the American forces coming. We're going through some adjustments as well with our Tables of Equipment so we're rolling with the punches and making corrections accordingly.

Just indicating this has been pointed out already and there's a solution on the table.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to the unexpected network glitch, I added the 2nd Infantry Division (UK) back onto the map replacing the American 8th Division. That means there are now two UK infantry divisions available to play with.

The server was reset as was all of the supply for server. 

S! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, XOOM said:

Hey Halsey,

The Game and Community Manager and I have met up and have discussed that going forward we'll add more British divisions once the American forces coming. We're going through some adjustments as well with our Tables of Equipment so we're rolling with the punches and making corrections accordingly.

Just indicating this has been pointed out already and there's a solution on the table.

The Brit armor has never looked as sexy as it does now... 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, XOOM said:

The server was reset as was all of the supply for server. 

Understood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stankyus said:

The Brit armor has never looked as sexy as it does now... 

Given our conversation not so long ago, that is good to hear. S! 

I hope that is how things are being felt across the board for both sides, particularly in the fact that Divisions having greater historical significance and brigades are focused to their designated roles, instead of a one-size-fits-all mission set that it was given over a period of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

cbb82b46a23c4ef7b0902d9f8341a163.jpg
Where firefries?

VERY good question, we found one tonight - just one on the whole map.. of course its 3 links from the Active AO. We found some Achilies and spawned them and shot the guns.  Very nice.. but again, no where near the action AND then we logged like 5 of the 7 AEF on lol. We need more Brit Armor.. Do one French div and two BEF . Outside the uniform and a few small arms, the french ARE the americans by and large. The BEF has.. 3 fireflies total on the map?  Tiger007 told us he actually has had 2 missions in one the turd... for me Im a m10 driver so I prefer the Achilles anyway but... mb Ill get to spawn one in anger Sunday.  No luck at all today - very disappointing.  I think you all need to check the Ammo type, its calling it APC ammo.. I want to know if this is the old APC we have had for ages on the 17pdr ATG or is this the APCBC?  We should be able to punch through the Tigers frontal armor out to 2.5k with some to spare.  I think during intermission the squad is going to do some field testing, Ill tell you haow it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XOOM said:

Given our conversation not so long ago, that is good to hear. S! 

I hope that is how things are being felt across the board for both sides, particularly in the fact that Divisions having greater historical significance and brigades are focused to their designated roles, instead of a one-size-fits-all mission set that it was given over a period of time.

It was exactly what the BEF needed.. it really sucks to attack with nothing better than a 6 pdr on tank and something that can take mild punishment.... but ATM, only one of our squad mates has actually been able to spawn a Firefly this map and he did it twice!!  Nobody else has even seen them in action in the squad.. or at least the guys on tonight. We all went looking for them.. there is one on the entire map as we speak right now.. CAN you tell me what the Axis guys would say if they only had one Tiger on the entire map?.. I think most the guys (AEF) want to drop a French division and add a BEF div..  I would like to see that also... I actually well several of our squaddies tonight contemplated grabbing the one Firefly and the 5 Achillies left in the division (Entire map) and driving to the action at Velbert which was 3.. possibly 4 links away ... and we just said ehh we would lose all the equipment for hours after the fight was over .. and instead we chose bed.. or in my case a movie lol.  LOL matter of fact, I personally would drop one french division and one US and have 3 BEF divs on the map.. but I want them for the Achilles.. some ppl dont like the infantry kit much.. I like the sten a lot personally. I dont know how the pb would feel about that.  MB over the next few maps we can look at how that effects the game overall.. do a 2 BEF div map and then a 3 div map and see how it plays out.. but Xoom, you are giving some of us blue balls... beer and pics of tanker porn lead to frustration and blindness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BEF was upped to 2 Divs after the server outage

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, delems said:

Huh?  A 76mm gun penetrating Tiger at 2000m frontally?

2.5 K to be correct.. its about 115 mm penetration at that range.. Possible 3k kill frontally, where the round penetration floats in the 100mm, very similar to the 75mm L/70.  

The APC ammo however at least the ammo on the ATG was using data of a rare and very early version of APC ammo which might kill a tiger frontally at 1500m because it was doing about 100mm at that range  and you really had to be at a very good angle which was congruent with the early APC ammo that the current 17pdr ATG, Fireflly and Achilies never carried.  We tested the 17pdr when it entered the game to see how close we could get with the Tiger with 17pdr atgs about. We found that the magic number was about 1625-50. the Gun was extremely vulnerable to the 17pdr at that range if it was hit.. but that was back when the 25mm Pans gun could oneshot degun it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Merlin51 said:

cbb82b46a23c4ef7b0902d9f8341a163.jpg
Where firefries?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XOOM said:

Given our conversation not so long ago, that is good to hear. S! 

I hope that is how things are being felt across the board for both sides, particularly in the fact that Divisions having greater historical significance and brigades are focused to their designated roles, instead of a one-size-fits-all mission set that it was given over a period of time.

I think we will end up backing off that approach, because of the roles within the capture spawn castle thing and the player sense of fairness thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goreblimey said:

BEF was upped to 2 Divs after the server outage

might have had tunnel vision then because we all where discussing the one division on the map not 2 hours ago and digging though them to find the fireflys to play with.  I know that no BEF where close to any of the aciton, mb we did not notice.. I certainly didnt notice.

 

MORE evidence we need THREEE divs on the map.. one division is a bummer - two and the second one is not even noticable but THREE.. three would make their presence known!!.

 

I never thought I would be asking for more BEF divisions EV.... ER.. yup true story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stankyus said:

might have had tunnel vision then because we all where discussing the one division on the map not 2 hours ago and digging though them to find the fireflys to play with.  I know that no BEF where close to any of the aciton, mb we did not notice.. I certainly didnt notice.

 

MORE evidence we need THREEE divs on the map.. one division is a bummer - two and the second one is not even noticable but THREE.. three would make their presence known!!.

 

I never thought I would be asking for more BEF divisions EV.... ER.. yup true story.

BEF rule of thumb with just the French was 1/3 of all brigades.  Original ToEs was  2 Brit 6 French, but the French divisions were 'light' (2 brigades) and the Brits were 'heavy' (3 brigades).  So 6:12, 1/3, and all was good.

Then all the divisions got the 3 brigade 2 Inf 1 Armor setup, and we noticed that there could be a day or more where a BEF division was not in action, with a sag in Allied enthusiasm, because I guess something like 1/2 of the Allied players of the period wanted to be in Brit uniforms even with Framericans.  The armor situation didn't help either.

So when the Rats decided to try and fill up the front, they went 9 divisions and the ninth division went BEF, restoring the 1/3 number.

I don't know that this rule would still apply as there are people who like tooling around in T0 French and a large number who are all about the Americans.  Also, historical ToEs can end up creating a Brit deficit in closing assault firepower.  Careful about asking for what you think you want.

 

Edited by Kilemall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stankyus said:

MORE evidence we need THREEE divs on the map.. one division is a bummer - two and the second one is not even noticable but THREE.. three would make their presence known!!.

Damn man... no love. Straight to MORE! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delems said:

Huh?  A 76mm gun penetrating Tiger at 2000m frontally?

It's a 17pdr, 76mm is the M1 in the sherman, and the slightly beefier M5 in the M10
and he is talking about APCBC
yes, it will hurt a bit.

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

its calling it APC ammo.. I want to know if this is the old APC we have had for ages on the 17pdr ATG or is this the APCBC? 

I know it is not then same ammo in the towed 17pdr, both by the numbers and by the effect of shooting it
(i put the firefly out through the back end of the tiger and into the PZII behind it, no was not at 2.5km of course)
But you would have to ask hatch on the specifics.
I know UI wise, it simply displays an arbitrary text line.

What i mean is if gun is firing, lets just say a sabot round
and for the UI feedback info, i typed ammoname =

Waffles, when you switched to sabot, your ammo box would read "Waffles"

If the UI could scale text, i would love to go in on all the vehicles and have them all read out proper historic ammo names
or at least as close as possible

Again though, you'd want to ask hatch
I can only tell you that the ammo is quite a bit more powerful than the towed 17pdr from what i saw the two do side by side

51 minutes ago, Kilemall said:

I don't know that this rule would still apply as there are people who like tooling around in T0 French and a large number who are all about the Americans.  Also, historical ToEs can end up creating a Brit deficit in closing assault firepower.  Careful about asking for what you think you want.

In 1.36 this technically wont be as much of a problem
capture towns, make more brits, or french, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For scarcity of equipment I’m to blame. I’ve made Firefly and Achilles as rare as the Tiger for what I believe are obvious reasons.

They were rare IRL, Firefly less so by end of 44.

They have extraordinary punch, rendering the opposition nigh helpless at standoff range.

The Tiger has extraordinary skin.

If there’s a glut, as there has been, the game goes blah boring.

We want to create that ”oh sheet” experience when they turn up.

We do want rear-town traffic, in fact people are pining for it (resupply/overstock).

I did not however factor in the reduced number of Brit units, silly me, so mayhap numbers will be tweaked up just a tad (at the expense of other kit).

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bmbm said:

(...) I’m to blame.

"Blame" is not the right word for a design/development/production work-process decision. Someone will be other than happy with any force-balance decision made by game developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kilemall said:

BEF rule of thumb with just the French was 1/3 of all brigades.  Original ToEs was  2 Brit 6 French, but the French divisions were 'light' (2 brigades) and the Brits were 'heavy' (3 brigades).  So 6:12, 1/3, and all was good.

Then all the divisions got the 3 brigade 2 Inf 1 Armor setup, and we noticed that there could be a day or more where a BEF division was not in action, with a sag in Allied enthusiasm, because I guess something like 1/2 of the Allied players of the period wanted to be in Brit uniforms even with Framericans.  The armor situation didn't help either.

So when the Rats decided to try and fill up the front, they went 9 divisions and the ninth division went BEF, restoring the 1/3 number.

I don't know that this rule would still apply as there are people who like tooling around in T0 French and a large number who are all about the Americans.  Also, historical ToEs can end up creating a Brit deficit in closing assault firepower.  Careful about asking for what you think you want.

 

Well like I said before, this is my opinion.. I know the infantry seems lacking tho I do like the sten gun and dont mind the BEF infantry kit since we have some semi autos now.. Some ppl only play infantry and dont want any business with the BEF infantry kit.  SO yah I can admit that.. I just want my Achilles action.. I want to see a Tiger at 1600m and smoke him.. thats like boner territory here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.