TuftyFoil

Adding Country Borders to the In-Game Map

Should we have a clearly define Line on the map depicting country's borders?   15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a clearly define Line on the map depicting country's borders?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

I think it would be a nice little incentive tool to have clearly defined bordered place around the historical borders of countries on the in-game map. I for can't easily tell if I am in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, or France The names are a bit similar for Luxembourg, Germany, and the Netherlands and some parts of Belgium has french names. If there was an actual clearly defined border line on the map which should be a relativity simple to implement we would be able to know where the town we are attacking is in Germany for a conquest or in France to know if we are truly liberating a town. It would be a moral booster in battles and would help motivate troops as to why we choose the attack order or why we are so vigorously defending a town.

1 person likes this

I may be wrong, but i think we would need an overlay similar to AWS, but that displays border lines.
The map itself as presently operates in game just shows the physical map we are running around on, albeit in a much lower LOD

something we would have to ask of Dev i think

55 minutes ago, Merlin51 said:

I may be wrong, but i think we would need an overlay similar to AWS, but that displays border lines.
The map itself as presently operates in game just shows the physical map we are running around on, albeit in a much lower LOD

something we would have to ask of Dev i think

This would be sweeeeeet! Showing the in-game borders isn't too critical in terms of game play, but it is one of those cool things that we should have.

2 people like this

My previous inference from some interactions years ago with Five when I built the templating graphics tileset partly shown in my sig was that the mapview of each tile was assembled from specific art for each tile...not just a compression or downscale of the high res tile objects.

9 minutes ago, jwilly said:

My previous inference from some interactions years ago with Five when I built the templating graphics tileset partly shown in my sig was that the mapview of each tile was assembled from specific art for each tile...not just a compression or downscale of the high res tile objects.

this zoom is comprised of a downscaled "stickesheet" of mini lowrez versions of the terrain
AfS8Xdr.png

This is the ground, except it is devoid of the colouring and multitexuring lighting, filtering etc that you would get in game, so it looks much different on the map
and the buildings are just basically lower rez top down screen shots
IZ967db.png