Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doggy

He111 bombs Sherman

12 posts in this topic

@Rats: I guess He111 bombs can kill Sherman’s?!?!?!? Was surprised that I killed one. I thought 500 lbs bombs didn’t do jack to Sherman’s? When did this happen or you just trying to balance game outcome?

Received a turret lift in a Church CS from a 111 after HE update.

German bombs are not 500 lbs, but 500 kg I believe.

And arnt they also AP/"hard nosed"?

Most people use the Kg system... That lbs system is really confusing.
Also, germans used the Kilo system no? Not the pound system?

HE111, JU87, 110, 109, and 190 use all the same bomb.. (JU87 and 110 also have some smaller bombs as well) So they should all have basically the same performance except for some forward speed on the faster aircraft

10 hours ago, Hardlead said:

nd arnt they also AP/"hard nosed"?

no SC250 is a GP bomb
but if you drop it with enough velocity on a vulnerable area on the heavier tanks, like the engine decking
tank will meet an unexpected divorce of its parts.
The lighter tanks, just throw it someplace close
Scout cars, trucks and ultra lights like the vickers, just get it in the ballpark

One other point to make, If you see charred earth around your tank target, it means you missed the target, as the bomb hit the terrain and blew up making the scorch mark. Direct hits are alot harder, and you wont see the blackscorch mark if you hit it. Once we get concussion effects in, near misses will be more effective (maybe not to kill a heavy tank, but could possible disable it)

I can reliably hit the tanks with new bombs but not seeing the kills.  No scorched marks either, i gather its not any direct hit, if its not on the engine deck it aint doing squat.

Edited by rebel357

6 hours ago, rebel357 said:

I can reliably hit the tanks with new bombs but not seeing the kills.  No scorched marks either, i gather its not any direct hit, if its not on the engine deck it aint doing squat.

It does depend on the bomb type and the placement. No doubt this is more difficult. We are working to get some heavier bombers for the allies, its on the list. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0