Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TuftyFoil

Colored Smoke Grenades

Should we have colored smoke?   3 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have colored smoke?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

There were colored smoke grenades in WWII. I think that we should have colored smoke grenades in the game too. Colors used were red, green, yellow, orange, & violet. This should be a fairly simple idea to implement and would enhance game play as officers could use it to help direct solders in battle (not that it would be limited to officers or anything). For example I could use red smoke to communicate to my team (especially those not looking at the chat box) that there is danger up ahead.

I like it. It wouldn't be too hard to put in, I think. 

And yelling "I NEED AIR SUPPORT ON THE RED SMOKE!" in chat would be awesome.

Hand grenades don't have enough range. Smoke rifle grenades weren't available to every soldier, or every tactical leader, in the early years.

Instead put in flare pistols for mission leaders. A given-color round produces both smoke and light in that color.

fallschirmjager.jpg

4882987_8.jpg

Leuchtpistole-2.gif

obltsj7.jpg

Pilots carried flare pistols, too, to signal tactical formations without breaking radio silence...note the pants-bandolier on this guy's right leg:

Photo_LW_1.jpg

And of course naval units extensively used flares for the same radio silence reason, and because they were much faster than using radio in a tactical situation where quick communication meant the difference between life and death...particularly coastal warboats like the Fairmile B, S boats, R boats and so forth.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0